Recent content by RyzeCooker

1. R

Sonoma 14.3

Yes, it's version 1.1.3, from last October. I've let it sit for a while to see if it progressed or errored out but no. I'll experiment with a previous plist - if it still hangs my stick might be the issue. (Though it's the one I always use between OpenCore updates :unsure:). EDIT I started with...
  2. R

Sonoma 14.3

Edhawk, I have included the entries from your screenshots, but when I try to boot from my test stick, it completes the first bootup but ends at OC: Watchdog status is 0 and never progresses to the selection menu. It's cosmetic so not a huge issue but any Guru insights? :)
  3. R

Sonoma 14.3

Do you have the revpatch=sbvmm boot argument set? I have so I get update notifications, but my CPU is now listed as the 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, when it was correct before. I think the Restrict Events kext and that setting don't go well together.
  4. R

Has anyone been offered 14.2.1 yet?

I have the revpatch=sbvmm boot argument set. Wonder if it's been pulled or they're rolling it out staggered Never mind, it wasn't in my config.plist anymore somehow (probably got overwritten when I was busy trying to get my Broadcom wifi going again.)
  5. R

sonoma problem

Which version of OpenCore? Latest cpu patches? All kexts updated? Monterey > Sonoma is a big jump and things need to be updated, especially the cpu patches.
  6. R

No Update to 14.1

Yikes, my system DID. NOT. LIKE. me adding that boot argument. Already run RestrictEvents but got a hard reboot. Haven't had one of those EVER since I built my system three years ago. I'll just get the entire disk volume. Which is a drag for a simple point update but I prefer system stability...
  7. R

Weird error with 13.6

At first I thought it might be overloaded servers ("The cause of messages like these can vary, and sometimes they are only temporary", says even Apple) but it seems to be more widespread. Using the full installer isn't a big inconvenience, thought it's kinda odd since 13 and before were OTA...
  8. R

Weird error with 13.6

Alright. I used the stand alone full installer and am now on 13.6 (22G120). Do any Sonoma boffins know if that is the case too if I want to upgrade to 14.x at some point?
  9. R

Weird error with 13.6

I don't want to update to Sonoma right away, so I opted for the 13.6 update for Ventura. I get this error. I've always been able to install 13.x updates. Anyone have a clue what is happening here? Server overload? 0.95 OC, all kexts are up to date. I have gigabit ethernet at home but the Apple...
  10. R

Hackintosh Bypass of Apple Silicon: M Chips, T Chips, Any Chips, Why Can't Apple Kill Hackintosh by Making OS X Run Only on Their Gear?

I think Apple has no reason to invest time and energy into some sort of tit-for-tat arms race in trying to prevent people to build a Hackintosh. We represent a small number of users and if anything, we still use Apple products and services. For me personally there simply wasn't anything...
  11. R

OC 094 ok for Ventura 13.5 ?

Noticed 13.5.1 dropped, fixing the Location Services issue.
  12. R

OC 094 ok for Ventura 13.5 ?

Unrelated, but odd... I don't get offered 13.5 at all, even though it's been out for a while it seems. EDIT Got offered 13.5 after a billion refreshes, but then I read about Location Services issues, so I'll wait for 13.5.1 ;)
  13. R

macOS Sonoma on AMD

Yeah, no issues updating to 13.4.1
  14. R

Help to update sembios for future updates

If you switch to MacPro 7,1 and get weird messages about memory/pci slots: add the RestrictEvents kext to your OpenCore. In fact, just add it when you do switch to that in SMBIOS.
  15. R

macOS Sonoma on AMD

Good to know it is relatively straightforward to get it working. I'll wait until fall, when all the issues have been ironed out by all you brave people. ;)
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.