Recent content by rajovo

1. R

Atari VCS native on Mojave 10.14.6

So cool! Apple running on Atari!
  2. R

Motherboard for DAWs, TB3

If you don't have a specific reason for AMD Hackintosh, go with Intel. The incompatibilities will only pile up and Intel just works better. I speak from experience, I had 3900x which worked well even with sleep and stuff, but I switched to i9 10850k and it's a BIG difference in overall...
  3. R

[SUCCESS 99%] Big Sur 11.1 | OC 0.6.4

6, not 60. The thing is, the mic input just doesn't work on AMD hacks, so... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

[SUCCESS 99%] Big Sur 11.1 | OC 0.6.4

May I ask why is onboard audio so important for so many people? I do get that money can be an issue and it's more elegant than a USB audio dongle, but those can be had for like $6 and it's not that much worse quality-wise.
  5. R

GPU Performance Improved

AFAIK 1.3 is the maximum GPU speed of the RX560, so your GPU doesn't downclock at all. The exact opposite of my issue :) I didn't try AGPIMnjector as I'm switching to Intel in a few days (mainly for 100% Adobe compatibility, makes me kinda sad). I'll try then, thanks!
  6. R

GPU Performance Improved

Yes. It's not your patch's fault. Hm, IIRC I was getting proper VRAM downclocking at least in Catalina. Now I'm stuck with VRAM running at full 2 GHz at all times, with any combination of your, algrey's patch and Radeonboost.kext. I wouldn't mind that much but it does keep the fans audibly...
  7. R

GPU Performance Improved

@Shaneee, any idea why my GPU memory stays at 2 GHz at all times (according to iStat and the fan noise)? GPU downclocks alright, VRAM doesn't. It used to do so. I have removed Radeonboost but that didn't fix it. The card (RX580) downclocks both GPU and VRAM in Windows as expected. Thanks!
  8. R

FCPX on Ryzen 9 3900x/RX 580 - will I benefit from going Intel?

I have an otherwise perfectly working Big Sur OpenCore Hackintosh with Ryzen 9 3900x (12c/24t) and RX 580 8 GB. I'm using it for FCPX mainly. Rendering to H264 is barely faster than my old 2015 27" iMac with a 4c/4t i5 6600 and Radeon M395x 2 GB, which is insane... BruceX takes 28 secs compared...
  9. R

GPU Performance Improved

I didn't realize you could enable/disable patches like this, that's so cool!
  10. R

GPU Performance Improved

OMG the 5900x single core score is almost twice of my 3900x's 1294 :-o
  11. R

GPU Performance Improved

How can I disable this patch? I'm getting a lot of Graphics Kernel crashes (Graphics kernel error: 0xfffffffc) lately (Big Sur 11.1b1) and I feel it might be related.
  12. R

High core count almost useless?

I'm finding out that a high core CPU like the 12-core 3900x isn't worth it outside a very few special cases like 3D rendering. I bought it because I thought it would enable me to do work while, for example, FCPX or AE rendering. But that's not the case at all. The CPU is far from saturated, so...
  13. R

Very slow transfer on Airdrop

If you don't have a specific reason to stay on Catalina, I'd just update to Big Sur, I did and all of this stuff just works, including sleep. It didn't in Catalina.
  14. R

Ryzen Hackintosh for Audio Production

As a professional video editor, my take is this: real Macs have a LOT of stability issues as well. I'm using a 2015 iMac and it was never a rock solid machine. My 3900x Catalina (now Big Sur) Hackintosh is very stable. In fact, the OS itself hasn't crashed once in half a year. Big Sur/FCPX 10.5...
  15. R

macOS on kvm - success with 3700x and 740gt - and opinion vs bare metal ryzentosh

Have you followed any particular guide? My a gt 710 for the Linux host is on the way. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.