Recent content by Obelix

1. Obelix

Ryzen 1700x + Vega 64 with Benchmarks and Oddities

Hi @Wooloomooloo. Congrats! Regarding Rise of the Tomb Raider it is the same result for me. I get worse performance than my previous Core i5-8400 with a Vega 56. This comes as a surprise to me too! Sidecar gives me a black screen. I want to understand!! May I ask for more info? Which SMBIOS...
  2. Obelix

Ryzentosh keeps shutting down and panicking when left unattended.

Hi @heiza It looks like the AMD sleep crash on Dortania TS Guide. I had the same issue with a different chipset so the cause might be different. I posted my workaround here If it can help.
  3. Obelix

Fixing Bluetooth and Sleep (almost) on MSI B450i Gaming AC

The SSDT in @MöllyMcAlpine 's EFI is like a Swiss Army knife that might work on multiple boards both Intel and AMD. On the MSI B450i board there is no native EC device in the DSDT so we do not need most of it. Only the EC and USBX creation part in the end is relevant.
  4. Obelix

I updated the original post with some interesting updates and questions
  5. Obelix

Yes. The internal Fenvi card (PTXH controller, port PO12). Sleep is ok now, I think I found something that works for this motherboard. USB hubs can prevent sleep though.
  6. Obelix

Hibernation questions

Have you tried this? https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/misc/shutdown.html
  7. Obelix

Hibernation questions

Indeed, hibernation is the next level once your hack can sleep. My issue seems to be related specifically to the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and the AMD-USB-MAP-kext. I managed to fix my sleep crash problems by matching some properties of the AMD-USB-MAP-kext to Catalina's kexts. It sleeps now. Here is...
  8. Obelix

Updated to 10.15.5 sleep not work

Guys, I think I found the cause :) I removed the USBX SSDT, removed the SSDT to deactivate XHC0 and boom, sleep works with a webcam attached to a XHC0 port. With a USB 3 hub connected to XHC0 it won’t sleep though. With the same hub connected to PTXH it does sleep. This must be the usb power...
  9. Obelix

Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI B450I Mini-ITX, Vega 56, Catalina 10.15.4, OC 0.5.8

Hi @yancyvioli Thanks for this post. You proved it was possible to have a functional hack based on the MSI B450i Gaming AC! My hack had no bluetooth and no sleep. The workaround I found is to manually remap the PTXH controller and disable XHC0. You might find this useful: Fixed BCM94352Z NGFF...
  10. Obelix

Updated to 10.15.5 sleep not work

Hi, The workaround I found is to disable XHC0 with a SSDT and disconnect all USB devices from the "PRT" ports before triggering sleep. USB-MAP.kext on XHC0 or PTXH does not resolve the sleep issue. I cannot use the USB-Map.kext only anyway because the PO12 port used by the bluetooth module is...
  11. Obelix

It does now! As long as no USB devide is connected to the XHC0 controller.
  12. Obelix

Hibernation questions

Thanks. I found the cause of my sleep issue. I had device properties for the GPU in my OC Config. These properties were not causing any issues on the Intel motherboard but it was causing the GPU to stay on during the sleep-in sequence. Also, I remapped the PTXH USB controller with a SSDT so...
  13. Obelix

Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B450M S2H | Sapphire RX 580 8 GB | Catalina 10.15.5 (19F96) | OpenCore 0.5.8 | Triple Boot

Nice work Ulpian! I’m curious to see your SSDTs, specially the one for USB. How did you manage to make it sleep? Working now :)
  14. Obelix

Hibernation questions

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. My board is a MSI b450i gaming OC and the processor is a 3900X too. The Sleep crashing on AMD section in the Dortania TS guide points to the power power management of the XHC0 USB controller: I believe USB is the right track. The PTXH controller was...
  15. Obelix

Thanks ! This looks way easier and elegant than the workaround I found. Yesterday I managed to overcome the permissions issue to make Vbox use a physical disk in Catalina scavenging bits and pieces from this page and this page: In BIOS, enable the AMD-V option. Open Virtual Box (6.1) and...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.