Recent content by Middleman

1. M

My Monterey crushed and power-off randomly after into OS serveral mins.

Hi @Loewe_Wong, Having a quick look at your EFI, I think the problem stems from the fact that you have two sets of settings for your AppleALC. You have alcid=3 set under the NVRAM boot-arg and also enabled layout-id of 1 under your PCI device properties for your sound. You have to delete one of...
  2. M

ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ethernet problem

Okay, try also adding FakePCIID.kext to this build (so both kexts are added). In addition add this line to your LAN's PCI device properties: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) > key: device-id type: Data value: F2150000 Now the example PCIRoot path above I am using is for the Z490...
  3. M

ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ethernet problem

Hi @laurent, The Intel I225-V Lan under Mojave only requires the FakePCIID-I225V kext to work and doesn’t require the other settings based upon my experience so remove those from the current config. It is only when we get to Big Sur that settings like the device-id or I225-V specific kernel...
  4. M

Intel @I211-AT

In addition to the kext you have to also add e1000=0 at the end of your boot-arg for it to work.
  5. M

CMOS reset required to boot after wake from sleep, help!

@Pixfix, Okay so I had a further look at your build and found a few things. Firstly is I see you have both AppleALC & AppleALCU enabled. You cannot enable both sadly because that will cause conflicts and crashing. I understand you also have a Fiio USB DAC attached - if you use just the AppleALC...
  6. M

@Pixfix, So I just had a look at your specs very quickly...and I think I might know what the other issue is. It looks like you don't have enough power to be honest. You have a RX6800 plus a 5950X plus a load of SSDs (3x) and PCIe cards. That should all require at least a 1000W PSU and not a...
  7. M

I just used the prebuilt ones, they worked fine.
  8. M

Ryzen 7 4700G — Ventura 13.5 & Sonoma Public Beta — Radeon Graphics 16 GB [Renoir] — NRed

Right. About the errors, yes I did have device properties, but I had them removed on your advice. I noticed it showed up as Lilu patcher errors and something to do with AmdAtomVram? Whatever it is it does sound like it’s missing a function somewhere.
  9. M

Ryzen 7 4700G — Ventura 13.5 & Sonoma Public Beta — Radeon Graphics 16 GB [Renoir] — NRed

@craighazan, Impressive stuff! It seems that AI may soon even take over the jobs of comic book writers! So I have something to tell you. Recently I tried to get my Atari VCS to boot Ventura with NootedRed, and it seems no matter what settings I used in my EFI, other than with Whatevergreen...
  10. M

@Pixfix, Hi there. Looking at your issues I think I might know what is causing the crashing. Instead of using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP have you tried to use them separately as both SSDT-EC & SSDT-USBX? As I found that worked for me on my Gigabyte B550 Vision D.
  11. M

Asus RX6800 OC only supporting a single display

If you have a B550 motherboard you can try and have a look at my build here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-oc-monterey-gigabyte-b550-vision-d-amd-ryzen-5900x-rx550-samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/ I have a config file for the RX6800 in the EFI there you could try. The boot-arg to...
  12. M

Lenovo XiaoXin Pro16 AMD 5800H restarts when Monterey is installed

@Hendrix19, Alright. I am assuming your USB ports also need a XHC rename like my B550 motherboard so I've added those in for you under the ACPI section. Give it a try.
  13. M

Okay @Hendrix19, Try this updated EFI. I've added the device properties for the IGPU so it should work.
  14. M

You're most welcome! The EFI should work with Monterey, Ventura & Sonoma (though you may have to change the Intel WiFi Airportitlwm.kext to appropriate macOS version as this one should be for Ventura). For Sonoma you may have to set the SecureBootMode to disabled in order to boot.
  15. M

Okay @Hendrix19, Give this EFI a try. I have made a number of changes to the EFI that should help it boot Ventura. One of the main things I noticed in your EFI is that aside from a few extra unneeded kernel patches (27? vs latest 22) and a missing SSDT-CPUR for the CPU, you had forgotten to...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.