Recent content by marp

1. M

Ryzen 9 3900X, ASRock X570 ITX/TB3, Sapphire RX 5500 Pulse, Catalina

Interesting tidbit on Aleksandar's blog about network fixes: https://aplus.rs/2020/opencore-network-audio/ He mentions swapping the network card to make it "act and work as native Apple hardware" albeit, you revert back down a version of WiFi and BT. Not a new concept in hackintoshing I know...
  2. M

@Aluveitie Glad that worked! Did that solve the SS3 and SS4 issues? I noticed that's no longer a footnote in your Github repo. I cleaned up my EFI considerably: Used the OpenCore 6.0 efi, I guess since it was still not officially available when I was building my config, I was using 5.9. This...
  3. M

[SOLVED] After upgrade to OC 0.6.0, ethernet doesn't show in network prefs

@Aluveitie Thanks for pointing me here. Although these command lines did fix an issue I wasn't aware of, which was that my NIC wasn't showing up in my Network Preferences, I still needed to add the "built-in" string to my DeviceProperties section of my config to force en1 to be built in. I feel...
  4. M

I suspect my issues are in the DeviceProperties section of my config. Admittedly, I don't know much about this section so I copied yours. I wouldn't think your deviceproperties would differ from anything I would make seeing as most of those items refer to the mobo, aside from your 5500xt. But...
  5. M

After some frustration trying to understand USB Mapping, I just copied the SSDTs and Kexts from Aluveitie's github (Thanks for your excellent work!) I've also come across this article discussing mapping which has been illuminating. Useful for anyone on AMD systems that found the OpenCore Vanilla...
  6. M

Can't Install Anything Other Than Current macOS (10.15.6)

@thepensivemonk I figured it was something along the lines of older OS's vanishing from the Apple servers. After sitting on it, I think I'll just roll with it. I generally got my apps working regardless of official compatibility. I figure eventually it'll be compatible...maybe ha. Even on the...
  7. M

I am unable to get bluetooth working at the moment. Toggling bluetooth on and off causes the OS to freeze. Currently, bluetooth works fine in Windows. I don't really care about sleep as I don't ever put my computer to sleep and my audio apps don't like sleep. So all my power preferences are set...
  8. M

Can't Install Anything Other Than Current macOS (10.15.6)

Hi all, I'm trying to roll back my new macOS install to 10.15.5, but everything I try only installs 10.15.6. I'm doing this to suss out compatibility issues with some of my apps. For good measure I wiped my SSD and USB to start from scratch. Made sure the only thing in the macOS downloads...
  9. M

My thunderbolt security level was set to "User Authorized", so setting that to none did the trick. This was probably mentioned somewhere and I missed it. I figured it was not something about the hardware as there have been success stories of people using my brand of audio interfaces with Titan...
  10. M

That did it! PCIe Gen4 was the problem. That seems so simple, but it's not mentioned in guides anywhere considering how PCI Gen4 is becoming more and more common. 2 issues: I'm still having issues with TB3 - in my system report under PCI, it says drivers are installed, but I am having trouble...
  11. M

I copied your config and adjusted those things for BIOS v2, as well as other stuff in accordance with the kexts, amls, and machine identifiers I chose to run. The install went a lot faster with your EFI and I can more consistently get to the OS, but I still have issues with crashing within...
  12. M

Hi all, I am new to hackintoshing so if I trip up on something simple, please forgive me. I'm hitting up this thread because this seems to be the closest to my build. Mobo: Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700XT 8GB RAM: Trident Z Neo DDR4-3200...
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.