Recent content by jthunternz

1. jthunternz

Win10 Dual Boot - Desktop clock wont stay correct

Hi, Since having a dual boot system with Catalina and Win10. The desktop clock in my Win10 installation wont stay the same between reboots. I.E it says its 7:09pm but actually its 8:09am. I haven't changed any windows settings etc. Wonder if anyone can help with this?
  2. jthunternz

GPU Performance Improved

This is considerably off topic, but has anyone been able to play games through steam? whenever I launch CSGO it black screens and crashes. Maybe I should make this a thread
  3. jthunternz

I can not install hackintosh on my computer

Awesome man! So glad you got it all working. If you're a perfectionist similar to myself you can do something like this. Follow Shanes tutorial about changing the CPU name, and if you wanna change the image you can google a tutorial about that :) Anyway moving forward make backups of your EFI...
  4. jthunternz

AMD USB Port Mapping

Thanks man! - yeah thats exactly what I understand about sleep functionality also, but if I get USB ports mapped and a few other things done I can be sure that they're not preventing sleep. Cheers
  5. jthunternz

That looks to be the right Kext for your system based on the spec page for your ASRock mobo. I suggest you try there alternative kext, For the Realtek 10/100 chipset. https://github.com/Mieze/RealtekRTL8100 And the obvious questions like you've added the Kext to your config.plist etc etc?
  6. jthunternz

AMD USB Port Mapping

Hey! So I've been running my hackintosh for about a week now and I figured its about time to do my USB port mapping so I can get sleep working etc. I've been following the Dortania guide but my IORegistryExplorer looks nothing like anyone elses and I cant get it to change when plugging devices...
  7. jthunternz

Okay see progress my friend, you can quit the installer and go back into windows and find the kext you need. Add it to the USB and boot back into OpenCore. I find this is a great first way of creating a system that you know functions and has only the things you need. Let us know if you get it...
  8. jthunternz

Hey look I screwed the config.plist, thats my bad I forgot your hardware configuration. Try the new attached one. Sorry about wasting your time I edited your files late last night after a engineering assignment. If this does not work. Can you attach a copy of the log file from the root of your USB.
  9. jthunternz

Okay well I had a brief look, I'm not gonna be rude. But you had almost every ethernet Kext that is available. And both appleALC and VoodooHDA where the guide explicitly says don't use both. BUT my first EFI folder was worse so.. Here I tried trimming yours down, try to get to the Installer...
  10. jthunternz

Can you create a copy of your EFI folder from your USB stick. Compress it and upload it here? will be easier for us all to help if we can see what you're working with.
  11. jthunternz

Cannot Disable SIP?

Yeah I kappa'd that post, I fixed it after I posted here. Thank you though
  12. jthunternz

No worries, reply again on your thread if you need further help.
  13. jthunternz

Hey man! I'm not familiar with Clover but I know OpenCore works with AMD! Follow the Dortania guide Just got my install done yesterday. Additionally I know that the Admin here Shane uses the same CPU as you, and I have a OpenCore install using an RX5700XT. I can safely say that your hardware...
  14. jthunternz

Change CPU name on Catalina

Great guide! Worked for me, just gotta use some initiative to get it done.
  15. jthunternz

Cannot Disable SIP?

Hi, Got my catalina install up and running finally. Fixed a few things. I'm trying to test my NVRAM following the Dortania tutorial but I cannot clear or use the NVRAM commands with SIP enabled? I have changed the NVRAM csr-active-config variable. I shall add that I am changing the EFI...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.