Recent content by Jo-Toku

1. J

HOW TO SOLVE: Animated static static sand when trying on Installation boot-loader screen "only" on CATALINA, BIG SUR, MONTEREY

He should stick to one OS per SSD. It can be troublesome when sometimes out of nowhere it breaks the Mac bootloader and need to go to Windows to fix it. I believe the Motherboard accepts 2 drives
  2. J

HOW TO SOLVE: Animated static static sand when trying on Installation boot-loader screen "only" on CATALINA, BIG SUR, MONTEREY

True, however the laptop has a socketed 65 watts desktop CPU. I think the laptop SMBios may cap that CPU
  3. J

First OS X Install

Correct!
  4. J

With the HP Omen, it can boot on the external, but not the internal, only noise shows
  5. J

I have not. The only person that I know and managed to get further was a Russian member that used to post here and closed his account. He had the Helios 500 with the same issue, Ryzen 2700 (his was the 2600) and the Vega 56. He did get to Big Sur, however he never elaborated how he managed to...
  6. J

First OS X Install

So the last iteration of OSX was 10.15 Catalina. Starting with Big Sur (MacOS 11.0) Apple no longer follows the versioning number structure of OSX. Sonoma is now MacOS 14.
  7. J

First OS X Install

You are correct, I confused the 5900x with the 5900HX which has the Vega 8
  8. J

First OS X Install

Im not telling to do anything, I am informing of technical info
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.