Recent content by iGPU

1. I

Intel I211-AT Alternative to SmallTree

The I211 port is now working with the same old SmallTree kext file on Monterey ß7 on my TRX40 mobo. (The same file works with Catalina-BigSur-Monterey.) The entire time is was a macOS problem, not a SmallTree kext problem.
  2. I

Intel I211-AT Alternative to SmallTree

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but today I tried the both the 1st version posted at the start of this thread and the last version. Neither worked on my MSI TRX40 Creator mobo (3970X CPU). In fact, the I211 port did not even show up when using the AppleIGB kext, let alone become...
  3. I

Tutorial New AMD macOS CoreCount patch Information

After enabling the RestrictEvents kext in the Kernel section (note Max/Min-Kernel ranges), enter revcpuname as shown below within the NVRAM section, editing the actual name as desired. Kernel Section: NVRAM Section:
  4. I

Tutorial New AMD macOS CoreCount patch Information

I've had the opposite observation from Shaneee and must keep SIP enabled to see auto updates , with csr-active-config kept at 00000000. This also assumes you've set up your system as a developer, allowing you to receive the latest betas, otherwise you'll not see any updates. The image below...
  5. I

[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

@AudioGod, I added a comment to the issue you started on khronokernel's GitHub site, asking to collaborate on the I211 project. In the meantime, I'll putter around on my own.
  6. I

Not good at all. I have literally spent hours the past couple of weeks working on it. If I had anything useful, I'd gladly upload for further testing. (My Aquantia port is still great.) I've tried such various approaches such as using FakePCIID to get SmallTree to work or to go directly to the...
  7. I

I've been working on a SmallTree modification; it seems close. Shown in the attached image is how the modified SmallTree kext binds to the proper site in the left side (IORE) and how the port is now recognized in HackCheck app (upper right), but the port is inactive in Network Utility app (lower...
  8. I

I was trying to boot the "Macintosh HD Installer disk" which contains the 1st part of the Monterey installation on a new USB drive (I ran the Monterey installer under Big Sur and then on the 1st reboot, I so far cannot boot to complete the next part of the installation). Of course, it will not...
  9. I

Memory Modules Misconfigured - Mac Pro 7,1 (Big Sur)

Maybe look at this post on how to set up DIMMs in OC. This will eliminate the error msg and give a proper Memory tab under the "About This Mac" menu item. Using RestrictEvents is separate matter and will restructure the Memory tab while removing the PCI tab.
  10. I

11.4 beta works but freezes after 15 minutes

Thanks! I saw your thread title and was having the exact same issue. I too removed the TB AIC on my TRX40 (the mobo does not natively support TB), and the freezing stopped.
  11. I

Memory Installation Fix for MacPro7,1 SMBIOS

I've finally figured out how to correctly use the Memory section in OC. I decided to work on this since I've now changed to using MacPro7,1 instead of iMacPro1,1 due to the former apparently being a better match for going forward with AMD 6x00XT GPUs. If you follow this guide carefully, you...
  12. I

[SUCCESS] Big Sur: Threadripper 3970X (32Core/64Threads) Asrock TRX40 Creator w/Thunderbolt 3

You might want to check out Fabiosun's thread here, where many of us have worked on the Threadripper since March, 2020. Adding MMIO data is a bit complicated. First, you have to run the Debug, not the Release, version of OpenCore to get the above text information, as well as change some...
  13. I

SNAZZY LABS RYZENSHINE BUILD WITH ASROCK X570 CREATOR PT 2.

Not exactly. There are presently no known patches for Threadripper 3960X-3970X-3990X CPUs. Instead, due to some work on another forum, some clever people are running these CPUs as a virtual machine (VM) under Proxmox. To get things working, you have to "pass through" the devices from the host...
  14. I

Yes. Yes, I got TB3 working on the GB Aorus Master (v1.1) with a flashed GB TR PCIe card. Attached is the SSDT file (you should input a new DROM, first row; if you're flashing, you should know how to do such things).
  15. I

The problem with TB on a mobo or on a PCIe card, is that will you may get some limited functionality out of the box, you will not see a fully functioning TB tree, nor will you see it activated under SystemInfo/Thunderbolt. To get these latter items, you'd need to flash a modified firmware...
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.