Recent content by HellFrozeOver

1. H

Broadcom WiFi works, BT doesn’t

Thanks A LOT for this!!! I'm going to try it when I find some time. Frankly I'd given up. I tried so many times with the kexts without any succes. It had become such a time sinkhole that I had to pull myself out and just get some work done on windows instead. But with this new approach...
  2. H

Another weird thing. I decided to try again and use the tool on windows to map the ports, because I'd borrowed a USB-C hub which allowed me to map out my TB3 port. What seems to have happened is one controller appearing twice. Now I don't know which one to keep or... We'll see if it works I...
  3. H

Thanks, I tried this one. First it didn't boot (ran all the verbose stuff but ended up with a black screen) but then I ported over my bootlegs and then it booted. I'm still getting a freeze and reboot after a minute or two, so there must be something up with booting from EFI on USB for me. I'm...
  4. H

A few questions: What are the important things you see missing in my config? I compared them and yes, you to appear to have some more entries here and there, but I've no idea what's pertinent to me and what isn't. Also, I didn't see an USB map kext. Are you doing it via an SSDT or is it not...
  5. H

Ah thanks! It'll be very helpful to be able to look at someone else's folder. BTW, I haven't even bothered with the serials yet. It seems to work ok without them. iservices is not that important to me at the moment. BT and TB3 is the main stuff to get working, the rest is optional.
  6. H

That's probably a good idea. At this point I've tried so many things that I'm thoroughly confused about several things. Among others, I'm wondering: -whether remnants of one 'fix' are hindering other 'fixes'. -which setting/kext/bootarg/SSDT should be on or off -whether I should or shouldn't add...
  7. H

I tried to update to 0.7.1 and 0.7.0 but could get either to work, so I;ve been back on the 0.6.4 of my original instal and that's stable for me.
  8. H

So I tried to boot using the kext the tool wrote. No success. then I tried to boot using my edit of that kext. Same result. I still feel they are incomplete.
  9. H

I will but I don’t understand how it could be spot on. It lists a bunch of ports as type-C which they aren’t and only my usb3 device appears, my usb2 device is nowhere to be seen. if that map works out of the box I’d be flabbergasted.
  10. H

It’s a BCM94352Z (DW1560). I bought it specifically because it should be plug&play on a hack. apparently this changed in big sur. BT works fine in windows10. not on macOS.
  11. H

I ended up doing it on windows too, because on Mac it didn't even work. I decided to not edit the list inside the tool, but take the basic results it got after going around the ports with a 2.0 and 3.0 device, generate a kext and then edit that in propertree. I cross referenced with my list and...
  12. H

Thank you, Imma try this next. Do you do this from MacOS or from Windows?
  13. H

Thank you, I hadn't heard of that. I tried this, first it wouldn't boot for several times, but when it did, no change. BT still shows up on the same USB port and doesn't work.
  14. H

Ok, so I looked at my USB map again, starting from the AMD specific one as suggested by dortania. I noticed one consistent thing. The USB 2.0 identities of my USB3 ports were listed as '3' ports. Just to check I tried changing them to '0' (2.0) ports, even though that's probably wrong. So when...
  15. H

I'm officially completely lost and confused now. I tried another guide, using Hackintool to create the USB map kext. no luck either. I DID realise/discover that my boots to a frozen login screen were probably due to the port hosting my mouse and keyboard not working in that boot. I just tried...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.