Recent content by gatorchamp85

1. G

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Wow, terrible news. Hope you get it all sorted without losing an arm and a leg.
  2. G

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

So after some testing, I've determined that the Intel Bluetooth kexts are causing a crash at boot. I was using the latest release of 2.0.1. The WiFi kext works fine. I've removed BT for the time being and will see if it gets resolved in future releases; don't use it much personally. Hope that...
  3. G

Strange. Downloaded the EFI from scratch and managed to boot. I'll start making tweaks one by one to see what the issue was.
  4. G

Today I, perhaps stupidly, upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey via System Preferences. After the installer completed, I'm unable to boot. I was on the 0.7.4 version of this EFI and I reset NVRAM. Do I need to tweak the SecureBootModel settings in config.plist like I've seen in some of the beta posts?
  5. G

What's the best practice for disabling WhateverGreen using the current EFI? I'm on a reference 6900XT and would like to try it. Just remove the kext and take out the entry from config.plist? Do you need to remove agdpmod=ignore from bootargs as well?
  6. G

Looks like BIOS 4021 is out, I'll give it a try and see if any issues crop up.
  7. G

I've got a similar cooler to yours (the 280mm version), my idle temps are in the mid 40s to 50s with higher power consumption. Anything in particular you're doing on the Mac side? I typically get mid-30s idle temps in Windows. I do have my curve optimizer set to -20 on all cores (-15 on my...
  8. G

How close is Beta 5 to being a daily driver? Any notable issues with this board?
  9. G

Went around in a lot of circles, but finally found out the problem and successfully booted using your EFI. NVMEFix was the tipoff, that seemed to be required to boot and I did a little more digging around that. I have a Hynix P31 NVMe as my Windows drive and it turns out that particular drive...
  10. G

Ok, so long story short, I went to square one and built my own EFI from scratch using the DEBUG channel. Using this, I was able to boot the Catalina installer and install it on an NVMe SSD. This is a fairly barebones EFI, I've attached it here for reference. One question @AudioGod, I noticed...
  11. G

Still dying out in roughly the same spot. I'm going to try a few different installer versions, starting with 11.3, see if that makes a difference vs. the current App Store version.
  12. G

I did try Disabled and Default, neither seemed to make a difference. Yes, I had added the newest beta kexts for Intel wireless and Bluetooth.
  13. G

Good to know. I'll try a few more iterations, maybe a minimal EFI just to get the installer booted. I'll report back in the event that helps anyone.
  14. G

Just an update here, I pulled a fresh EFI and loaded new SMBIOS info. I've tried full installers of Big Sur and Catalina, as well as recovery images of Big Sur, Catalina, and Mojave. Can't get a single one to boot to the installer. I may try to create my own EFI just to see if I can get it to...
Top Bottom