Recent content by ftln

1. ftln

Radeon VII instability in windows

Hi All, I game quite a bit in windows and recently aquired a Radeon VII (2080 ti died - reddit thread here ). Anyway the stability if this card is really bad in windows, I tried every driver under the sun and the thing constantly black screens and pc reboots without showing BSOD. Lots of...
  2. ftln

Ryzen 9 3950x | Gigabyte X570 Master | Radeon VII | OC 0.5.8

Looks like you dont have XMP enabled in the bios, not sure what memory you have but looks like its running at 2400mhz..
  3. ftln

OC 0.5.8: How to disable SIP?

For full access to protected system files you will also need to reboot into recovery and in terminal type "csrutil disable" Reboot back into macOS and if you want to have write access to protected files, in terminal do "sudo mount -uw /" You will lose DRM for example AppleTV app will no longer...
  4. ftln

EFI FOLDER INSTALL TO NVME

Edit - Another thing is that when I mount my EFI partition when installing on SSD I dont get the Apple folder in the EFI partition, I only get this when installing on NVME.
  5. ftln

So I deleted the EFI folder which was in the EFI partition and copied over my EFI folder and the boot file from my USB disk installer disk and it just refuses to boot. Tried about 5 times today to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. Everytime I get this when I choose MacOS in clover (I'm...
  6. ftln

Hi All, Just made a fresh install to a supported NVME drive (was using SSD before). One thing I notice is that when I mount the EFI on the freshly installed NVME drive I can see files from Apple and I'm not sure where I should place the EFI files from my installer (Boot) disk, any ideas ?
  7. ftln

Davinci Resolve 16 not working

I know their was a previous post on the old forum:
  8. ftln

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

Hi, CPU temps do infact display with iStatistica, Thanks :)
  9. ftln

TRX40/THREADRIPPER 3000 RYZENTOSH WITH THUNDERBOLT 3 IN QEMU/VM?

Whats the issue with running ZEN 2 TR ? I see some youtuber has it up and running (unless she/he is talking out of their rear end) :
  10. ftln

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

I have all this installed in the correct order but dont get CPU temps in iStat, any ideas ? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>Add</key> <array>...
  11. ftln

Radeon VII - Missing HEVC HW Acceleration

Problem is I do have iMessage setup, I guess I could try on a different ssd. I'll give it a go and report back.
  12. ftln

Hackintosh on Hyper-V

VmWare Workstation is your best bet.. Never seen a macos vm in hyper-v.
  13. ftln

Freezing issue after booting into catalina?

Post your EFI folder, might give some clues... Do you get a popup message at next boot showing details of previous crash ? If yes, get the details from and post here.
  14. ftln

macOS Installer Crash

00000000 Try an nvram reset. But it seems that SIP is definaltey disabled for some reason and osx will not install if SIP is disabled.
  15. ftln

macOS Installer Crash

Easy one :) System Integrity Protection: disabled You need to enable SIP May 1 23:22:18 Mac-Pro ReportCrash[635]: System Integrity Protection: disabled
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.