Recent content by dramsey

1. D

How to disable SIP in Monterey

I tried both methods, and confirmed with "crsutil status".
  2. D

Sadly, evne with: SIP disabled Authenticated root disabled SecureBootModel set to "Disabled" in config.plist... ...running Kepler Patcher 2.0 still results in an unbeatable system. The progress bar gets about halfway across before rebooting.
  3. D

It looks as if I have to leave this setting disabled, right? Since I’m changing the files in the root?
  4. D

It did in fact work-- I also finally figured out that I can simply tap the space bar to get the "SIP Toggle", which also works. What doesn't work-- Kepler Patcher V2, which in the two attempts I've made has rendered the machine unbootable each time. After two failed boot attempts it falls back...
  5. D

My understanding was that this wouldn't work with OpenCore Hackintoshes, but I'll give it a try.
  6. D

I've been trying to do this all afternoon so I can try Kepler Patcher, with no luck. In config.plist, I've set csr-active-config to "00000000", and also added "csr-active-config" as a parameter in NVRAM->Delete->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82, No joy. On each reboot, "csrutil status"...
  7. D

Can't find values for _cpuid_set_info core count

One question: Back in the day-- i.e. when I was configuring the old version of OpenCore for my Ryzentosh-- I had to go through a tedious process of mapping my logical USB ports to the physical USB 2/3 ports on my motherboard. I used this information to compile a custom SSDT to get all my ports...
  8. D

Adding the npci parameter to boot-args did it. A little embarrassing since this is the way my original config was set up. Thanks!
  9. D

I'm out of town until late Sunday, but when I return I'll try this and get back to you. Thanks for the help!
  10. D

Had to update my BIOS to even get this capability, but sadly it made no difference...I'm assuming resizable BAR doesn't enter into it...
  11. D

Well, it got further than mine, but stalled at the place shown in this image. As you can see the motherboard is a Crosshair VIII Impact, Asus' weird little DTX mobo...
  12. D

Thanks! It's really just the EFI posted by the guy in the "Success Stories" section who was running a 3900X on an X570-based Gigabyte motherboard; since I'm running a 3900X on an X570-based Asus motherboard, I was hoping that I could at least boot with it once I edited in my serial number and...
  13. D

Please do. Hopefully it will give me a starting point!
  14. D

I'm just using a regular text editor (BBEdit in this case, although the values appear the same in TextEdit). I'm not sure why the values would have been transcoded into Base64. Since my machine won't boot with the existing Base64 values, I'll try replacing them with the equivalent hex strings...
  15. D

Several success stories here for OpenCore 0.7.4/0.7.5 setup make a point of noting that with the new AMD patches, we must set our CPU core count correctly. We're instructed to look for the "algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package" nodes, and replace values like "BA000000 0090" and insert the hex...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.