Recent content by craighazan

1. craighazan

Ventura on a Firebat MN56 mini PC (Ryzen 5 5600H)

I’ve been looking through AMDs motherboard partner program, I can’t find the specific motherboard that GenMachine uses. But ASRock has quite a presence in this sector.
  2. craighazan

I’m pretty sure it’s cosmetic, it will help with showing the correct processor in the ‘About This Mac’ window. Great write up btw, these mini ryzens make awesome hacks, just a shame there isn’t much information out there about motherboards etc.
  3. craighazan

Sorry I got confused with my 5600H/U in my previous post. But upon checking I did learn about the differences between the ‘U’ and ‘H’ of the 5600, the H has a lower TDP, (better for the planet), and the U can be configured up to 54W.
  4. craighazan

Something that doesn't get mentioned much that's part of SMBIOS is PlatformInfo > Generic > ProcessorType. For a 6 core processor and less the value is 1537, and for an 8 core processor and more the value is 3841.
  5. craighazan

'Our Ryzen 5 5600H has 8 cores, so the new replace values should read "B80800...." or "BA0800....".' I'm fairly certain that the Ryzen 5 5600U has six cores, and the above part should read "B80600...." or "BA0600....".' https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5600h
  6. craighazan

GenMachine Ren5000

Following @Edhawk advice for setting up the EFI before updating macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, I successfully updated from Ventura 13.6.5. My first attempt at 14.4.1 ended in me bricking the GenMachine, so I started from a clean Ventura install. I think there's been real progress with NootedRed recently...
  7. craighazan

enlighten me

Replace your Graphics Card with an AMD one.
  8. craighazan

TRIGKEY Mini PC 8 Core 16 Ryzen 7 5800H

I’ve always stuck with the default Sonoma desktop wallpaper and screensaver, I’ve had the grey screen in past, so stuck with the default. The dynamic wallpaper works better if it the same as the dark top image, I found anyway.
  9. craighazan

Sonoma and NootedRed are working fine for me on the 5700U!. I suggest changing SMBIOS to iMac20,1 or 20,2.
  10. craighazan

Hi. The battery window shows up in my System Settings too. The only related setting in BIOS I could find was to do with the power adapter, not sure if it helps though. It doesn’t seem to effect sleep or wake, both work normally.
  11. craighazan

Switched CPU from AMD 5700G to 5800, Now Unable to Boot into System with OC

@shoto Hi. These are the BIOS settings I used for my A320I-K, I have a guide on TMX86 linked below. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-prime-a320i-k-am4-motherboard-opencore-macos-monterey.317879/
  12. craighazan

Not booting

I’m in the wrong job!.
  13. craighazan

Sonoma 14.3

@Shaneee @Edhawk. Thanks for your help, the issue has been solved. New internet connection was installed too this week, I thought that was the problem. I have used DuckDuckGo before to navigate this problem when it happened some time ago. Thanks again.
  14. craighazan

Sonoma 14.3

No problems here!, I managed to update mu three builds yesterday, GenMachine, 4700G and 5700X. I used boot-arg 'revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm'. On a side note could someone let TMX86 know that I've banned by CloudFare again, can't access from either my three builds, M1 Air or my iPhone.
  15. craighazan

GenMachine Ren5000

Updated to 14.3 without any issues. I used boot-arg revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm, didn’t have to disable bluetoolfixup, first time that’s happened!.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.