Recent content by binauraloptions

1. B

Success: 3700X, MSI MEG X570 ACE, RX5700XT (now with OC 0.6.1 and Big Sur)

@J05u Basically yes. Have you read https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/prerequisites.html#prerequisites all the way through? Individuals here are more than happy to help, but those getting help do need to try to fully understand the process. Which I think is totally fair, the more...
  2. B

Hmm yeah that makes me suspect your micro-freezes might be the wake event itself. If you still have the rx 580, I'm not sure what would be more beneficial diagnostically, switching on "4g" and removing the "ncpi=0x200" or just using the gpu disable ssdt for your 5700xt then seeing if wake events...
  3. B

I like the arduino idea a lot actually. I was kind of on the same path, but a much grosser solution. I was thinking of wiring the case's power switch to an arduino as well as mb then having the arduino send f11 for 15 seconds or so to internal unused usb header. yucky. I was thinking of using...
  4. B

You are a master @vk2emp your EFI worked for me once again! Thank you for sharing your hard work. I was unaware of OC-Builder, looks really useful. I'm aware of everything Dortania mentions, any other tools you'd recommend that doesn't appear on dortania? I don't know if this of concern to you...
  5. B

Hey sorry for the slow reply. I would totally help you out if I still had my EFI. Even though it installed, it was so buggy I trashed it. I tried rebuilding another Big Sur USB a few hours ago using the same settings (I thought) as I did before, but can't seem to get all the way through...
  6. B

@vk2emp No worries at all, I appreciate you getting back, this is an awesome community. I have a couple brief questions if you don't mind. 1. What BIOS version are you using? (I have the MSI MEG x570 ACE also) 2. Do you have SVM enabled? 3. Both a question and possible suggestion. Back when I...
  7. B

Thanks for the reply @Aluveitie Did you have to apply "gen3" for your board as well? Trying to figure out how I can still have SVM enabled and successfully boot OC 0.6.0. I was able to have it enabled with 0.5.9 & 10.15.5 but am having difficulty with 0.6.0 and 10.15.6. Any ideas what to try?
  8. B

Hi vk2emp, thank you so much for providing both your files and instructions. What version of BIOS are you using? Do you have SVM enabled? On the newer BIOS for this board it is by default. Also when you say "PCI-E lanes to x3", do you mean set the "pci-e max link speed" to gen3? My "Pcie lanes...
  9. B

AMD Adobe Fixes

Has anyone ran Puget Benchmark for After Effects? https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-After-Effects-1287/ If anyone on amd-osx would kindly share their results, it'd be greatly appreciated. Plus it'd help all of us make sure our amd-osx machine is running adobe AE up to...
  10. B

AMD Adobe Fixes

Hey everyone, I found this solution on a similar thread at github: https://gist.github.com/XLNCs/86d7a391e46f85a04d28db171656b458 This solution was provided by user gasseluk and starts at boot (after login) AGENT=~/Library/LaunchAgents/environment.plist cat << EOF > ${AGENT} <?xml...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.