Recent content by bigmillz

1. B

Download speed for I211-AT NIC not showing

Oh that's weird, mine does show the correct icons. I just think it's so strange both iStat and Activity Monitor register download speed per app but not total.
  2. B

How do you change CPU title when it just says "Processor 3.5 Ghz"?

I've tried cpu-name without any luck, and it doesn't seem like any of the guides out there pertain to when it doesn't say "unknown" or the wrong CPU. Screenshot for reference:
  3. B

Getting rid of "1 alert" after trying MacPro7,1

Early in setting my system up, I decided to try MacPro7,1 to see if it would run any better. It didn't, and it started complaining that I have too much memory, and that the slots are too full. Now back on iMacPro1,1 but the error persists. Sort of. The memory dialog is fine: But "1 alert" is...
  4. B

Download speed for I211-AT NIC not showing

I have an Intel I211-AT gigabit NIC and a Realtek 2.5gbps NIC. I don't currently have the Realtek setup as the kext I found wouldn't work for it. But the Intel one refuses to register a total download speed in Activity Monitor and iStat Menus. It shows per app speeds, but not total. Example...
  5. B

Perfect build except 2 issues (networking/graphics)

I don't know what I did this time, but trying again didn't kernel panic, and sound works, and like you, it's better but not perfect. I can live with this for now! Thank you.
  6. B

I've been messing with that setting, but with it off (4g above) I get kernel panics and sound issues. :/
  7. B

Interesting to know it's not just Ryzen 7, 5700XT, X570, or 4k :LOL: Are you running OC as well? I just upgraded to 0.5.8 but haven't noticed a change from that. What's your SMBIOS? Any particular software you leave open most of the time?
  8. B

I'll give it a shot. Do I want to use this in addition to my existing SSDT? Edit: tried it both ways, no luck :/ Also tried disabling my Logitech mouse utility, that didn't make a difference either. I have also noticed the cursor really slows down, and WindowServer CPU usage goes up (to 80% or...
  9. B

Thanks for your response...just gave it a shot and the issue still exists without WEG. I did notice that while it's happening, WindowServer CPU usage goes up to 50% or more.
  10. B

Hi everyone, Recently completely a build with the following: Board: MSI X570 MEG Ace CPU: 3950X Graphics: MSI 5700XT (using WEG with the flag) Running 10.15.4 and OC 0.5.7 Everything works super well, and I'm thrilled with it. The guides on here were a huge help, and I completed everything in...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.