Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and get support for running macOS on your AMD based computer..

SignUp Now!

Recent content by bigMak

1. B

[Success] Ryzen 5 2600 + RX590, OC 0.59 Catalina 10.5.5

Upgrade to big sur and it will work. If you need it working on catalina use this
  2. B

Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus Strix B450-i | ASRock 5500XT 8GB | OC 0.5.9 | Catalina 10.15.5

Did you manage to get sensor readings in iStat? Mine shows CPU, SSD and HDD temps but nothing else. AMD Power Gadget shows CPU temps and fan speeds. I'd like to at least be able to see GPU temps but idk how i'm meant to do that.
  3. B

AMD + Nvidia GPUs

Is there any reason why this shouldn't work? Every time I boot with the nvidia gpu also installed, mac os will not boot. I have followed the steps for enabling a nvidia gpu. Even if there is no fix that would allow me to use both under mac os, it would be nice to be able to disable that pcie...
  4. B

GPU undervolt

I've seen guides on editing a clover config.plist to change GPU clock, voltage and fan curves using hackintool and clover configurator. Is the same possible under OpenCore?
  5. B

Does this go?

why would apple make web drivers for Nvidia cards :/
  6. B

Ryzen 7 3700X | Asus B450-F Strix | RX580 | Catalina 10.15.4 | OC 0.5.8 (Continuity and ApplePay support)

damn those are low( i have the 4gb version of your card and im getting 50k opencl and 55k metal :/ are you using shaneee's experimental patches?
  7. B

Slow Boot :(

While tweaking I noticed that the usb I originally used to install macOS around half a year ago boots Catalina significantly faster that the EFI partition i'm using now. Since installing I've updated opencore and kexts, but I don't think it's possible that new versions are so much less efficient...
  8. B

EFI Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE | RX 5600 XT | 3700X

haha 10 seconds, mine takes around 30:/ how long does it take to post?
  9. B

Update Directly to Big Sur from within Catalina

Anyone tried with shaneee's experimental patches?
  10. B

RadeonBoost.kext breaks boot

I do but I value that 49k on geekbench more than being able to use my shitty monitor speakers
  11. B

OpenCl 36000 up to 49000. Insane. Metal stayed the same. HDMI audio broken as promised
  12. B

My dumb ass thought I just needed to add the new patches. Changed it, we'll see if it works.
  13. B

Ok good to know. Are those just the ones here?
  14. B

When I enable ReadeonBoost.kext in my Config.plist, I cannot get past the black screen with the apple logo, no progress bar. As soon as I disable it, it works fine. I updated whatevergreen, no improvement. Perhaps I need to update other kexts?
  15. B

Ryzen 7 3700X | Asus B450-F Strix | RX580 | Catalina 10.15.4 | OC 0.5.8 (Continuity and ApplePay support)

I compiled according to this guide. It compiled okay but i cannot launch. Details in my reply to palxex