Recent content by awediohead

1. A

Opencore Update from 0.5.8 to 0.6.4 on x570+3600 - worth it?

I built my ryzentosh a few months back based on 0.5.8 - it's an Asus Tuf Gaming x570, 32 GB 3733 MHz, 3600 CPU with an RX580 8GB It's been pretty solid, though I wouldn't go so far as to trust it to wake from sleep, when in active use I've found it at least as reliable as my Intel hacks. On...
  2. A

Ryzen Hackintosh for Audio Production

I agree about real macs - at least the more recent ones over the last 10 odd years. I haven't bought a mac since around 2011, as I've been hackintoshing, but I have had to provide quite a lot of tech support for friends and family. They have been getting problems with a regularity that's nothing...
  3. A

Any benefits to the Mac Pro SMBIOS & Catalina?

So I have a few old Haswell builds I maintain for my family, slowly converting them over to OC from Clover, and my personal machine, a more recent Ryzen 3600 build on OC 0.5.8. As a Mac user since '91 I have never felt any sense of urgency to have the latest OS version installed, but obviously...
  4. A

Updating to OC 0.5.9

Another way of doing much the same thing, is to load your old config into https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ but with the new version of OC selected. It does a pretty good job of identifying what you need to change to get things up to date. That said, I've also found it messes with my head less if I...
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.