Recent content by ardweebno

1. A

Focusrite Scarlett USB problem with x570 boards?

Looking at that card, the Fresco Logic FL1100 chip is supported, but support for the Via VL812 chip is sketchy at best. I don't know which ports are connected to the FL1100 chip, but it's likely half of the ports on that card won't work. If you really want to support the front ports, this card...
  2. A

How close are you to Ludenscheid? My company has an office there and I ship parts there from the US every few weeks. ;)
  3. A

The Inatek works, but it's not as good as this one with the USB-C ports. The reason is this card has a USB 3.0 header built in for your case front-mounted USB ports. If your case is like pretty much all modern ATX cases, you should have a 20-pin cable connected to one of the USB 3.0 headers on...
  4. A

HOLY HELL THIS HAS BEEN FIXED! ...by replacing the x570 TAICHI motherboard. As a test, I bought a different x570 motherboard and tried it with my existing EFI. The board I purchased is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (non-wifi) and the damn thing works with the existing EFI as-is. I literally did...
  5. A

One bit of weirdness I did see while installing the USB cards.... The cards are 1x PCIe cards, but you may be tempted to install them in an open x8 or x16 slot. I did this at first and noticed I had tons of USB bus resets in the system log. The system ran suggishly the entire time the card was...
  6. A

Water cooled Ryzen 3950X | Asus ROG Strix X570-I | Big Sur and Catalina | Sapphire 5700XT | G.Skill 32GB

If you weren't already aware, Propertree works just fine under Windows and Linux. I keep a Ubuntu USB thumbdrive around with Propertree installed on it just for this reason!
  7. A

Good news and bad news. I received both o the PCIe-based USB cards and both work under Catalina. The Focusrite Control app stil does not work, but the audio distortion problems appear to be gone. I was able to turn SMT on again without causing audio distortion. Also, I had to move everything...
  8. A

Once again, it works on a B450 board, not x570!
  9. A

I may have had a breakthrough with these audio problems. I'm still waiting on the USB cards to arrive, but I started wondering if the reason audio apps have the most problems could be somehow related to SMT. So, I disabled SMT in BIOS and was able to record over an hour of content in Logic Pro...
  10. A

Normally USB just works. Every hack I've built has been just fine....except this x570 system. In fact, until this one I have never had to map my USB ports. Looking back I probably should have, but never felt compelled to do it since everything "just works". The USB cards will be here...
  11. A

And the "Focusrite Control" app works for you? If it does, that's one more datapoint for me that this is a x570-wide issue.
  12. A

Yes, that was actually the first thing I did. I have a suspecion that my specific problem is likely consistent with all x570 boards as they all implement the (3) XHC-based USB controllers built into the chipset. I have ordered a pair of PCIe USB cards (mac compatible) that are separate from...
  13. A

Hello all! I have a weird USB problem that I can't seem to overcome. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd gen) with the USB-C interface and it acts super weird on both of my x570-based hacks. I have tried this on an ASRock x570 Taichi and an ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 and both show the same...
  14. A

Frequent freezes and occasional kernel panics

The B450M chipest does not officially support PCIe Gen4 and AMD has been encouraging motherboard vendors to lockout the option to enable it on anything other than x570 boards.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.