Recent content by AppleManDos

1. AppleManDos

Cannot see MacOS or MacOS installer with OpenCore 0.7.4

I changed my SecureBootModel from Disabled to j137 for my "iMacPro1,1". Thank you AudioGod https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/cant-choose-install-macos-no-that-option-after-reboot.2030/post-12581
  2. AppleManDos

Yes, I am using HfsPlus.efi (Replacing OpenHFSPlus.efi). My understanding is this is required for OpenCore to read my installation partition (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)). For now, I am using Scan Policy 0 in order to be able to see all drives but nothing is visible. I have tried other values...
  3. AppleManDos

I am trying to upgrade from OpenCore 0.6.6 to 0.7.4 in order to install Monterey. I am currently on Big Sur using an AMD FX 8300. None of my drives appear in the OpenCore boot menu. I have noticed many others are having similar issues but have not found any solutions. Thanks
  4. AppleManDos

Problems with upgrading to Big Sur

1) I cannot help with this. For me, it will reboot on its own after it reaches less than a minute left. After rebooting, does OpenCore see a new bootable partition such as preboot? If so, have you attempted to boot from it? My uneducated and unresearched guess is that the installer cannot...
  5. AppleManDos

If I can answer it, I will try. If not, the community may be able to help.
  6. AppleManDos

I looked at your config.plist but it does not look like it has the Big Sur patches. Available here.
  7. AppleManDos

[EB]#LOG:EXTIBS:START] - Opencore

I actually booted and installed using only -v npci=0x3000. I added debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1 per the guide in case I want to troubleshoot later. The release I have is beta 5 (20A5354i) August 19, 2020 which I downloaded through the Software Update tool in Catalina after enrolling my device...
  8. AppleManDos

I was successfully able to boot as an iMac18,3 as well as a MacPro6,1. I have not finished revising my own config.plist but I have attached the working version that I modified from Pehem17260. Drivers: HFSPlus and OpenRuntime Kexts: AppleMCEReporterDisabler, GenericUSBXHCI, Lilu...
  9. AppleManDos

Your config.plist worked on my PC. I retook the snapshot of my EFI and added my platform info. It went right into the installer. During the first reboot, it seemed to hang for a while at Forcing CS_Runtime then it rebooted into Big Sur Beta. Thanks Pehem17260.
  10. AppleManDos

Hi maclinux1960, Did you get anywhere by changing 19 to 20 in the kernel patches? I tried your idea by matching the experimental 17h modifications as closely as possible. I'm assuming the "10.16" that I added to the comments will have no effect. When I run it, this is what I got: OC: Kernel...
  11. AppleManDos

The 15h_16h patches from opencore and experimental-opencore appear to be exactly the same. Am I missing something?
  12. AppleManDos

I am stuck at the same location with EXITBS:START. I have tried different combinations described in the OpenCore Install Guide. My machine boots into Catalina with no problem. Is there a problem with the Bulldozer patch? Could Pehem17260 can elaborate on how this was solved?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.