Recent content by agent2

1. agent2

Trying out Hackintoshing a Ryzen Laptop

@Shaneee probably the weird-factor here is smart shift messing with the CPU/GPU connection or communication. But that should not be the limiting factor.
  2. agent2

ASUS Zenbook AMD Ryzen 7 4700U can be installed OSX?

Uhh that COULD be possible as the MX350 is Pascal. So High Sierra is an option. But have a look beforehand if the MX300 series work in macOS. But don't take my word for it. So please check. It could be doable.
  3. agent2

My hardware list

What is your budget for these parts? Sorry to be plain but that looks like a poorly compiled list of parts. I can happily help you with this task but we need to know ideally what your location and budget is. Cheers!
  4. agent2

[SUCCESS] Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Formula, PowerColor RX 5700XT Red Devil, OC 0.5.9., macOS 10.15.6

@meteoro Would you put your setup in your signature please? That would be helpful.
  5. agent2

[SUCCESS] Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Formula, PowerColor RX 5700XT Red Devil, OC 0.5.9., macOS 10.15.6

@meteoro Sorry for the late reply. I'm working on a couple of updates, I will post them once they're ready. I've done a lot since then.
  6. agent2

GPU Performance Improved

Good Stuff @Shaneee! Onwards and upwards!
  7. agent2

X570 Mobo advice…

Hey there do you still need advice? Your thread is kinda old and I wondered if you already built a system.
  8. agent2

Radeon Pro VII announced! (Multi-GPU is back!)

First of all what does "you are dreaming" mean? I just received an answer the day before yesterday, not May. How about you look at date when I posted my update. The Radeon RX 6000 series has nothing to do with the Radeon Pro VII as IT IS IN THE NAME. RX denotes gaming graphics cards and Pro...
  9. agent2

@manoueltiger what you are saying is extremely confusing and I'm not going to feed you if you are a troll, but here I go anyway: First of all, I don't know what you mean by saying it's "too late" as there is a dumb trend that B2B/HPC/Workstation products launch a lot later than the press...
  10. agent2

UPDATE: I contacted AMD in their US HQ today, and I finally got an answer to why this graphics cards hasn't been released yet since it's initial press release in May. COVID-19 seems to have delayed this thing's shipping and it will supposedly be available around the end of October in the US and...
  11. agent2

Gigabyte B550 Vision D receives Thunderbolt 3 certification!

Oh there has been a big discussion about it: https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9645 https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/snazzy-labs-ryzenshine-build-with-asrock-x570-creator-pt-2.50/
  12. agent2

That's what I meant when I said two DPs but one for each TB3 port. But in case you mean something else: The Creator/Aqua have a DP IN on the rear I/O and one DP IN on the board itself.
  13. agent2

Messed up my triple boot attempt. How to fix that?

UPDATE: So I tried to create a bootable USB with my previous EFI from an other stick but alas I get put into the GRUB rescue mode with no other results. I am seriously confused and frustrated. I just can’t get into OpenCore and macOS. Where do I go next?
  14. agent2

The ASRock X570 Creator and Aqua have two DP INs but they also limited to one TB3 port each (probably but it doesn’t hurt to try). I think all Gigabyte X570 & B550 boards have a TB3 5pin-header, so the AIC with dual DP in should work out for you.
  15. agent2

Messed up my triple boot attempt. How to fix that?

Hey guys, I had a lot of problems a couple of weeks back getting Windows installed via triple boot on my 2TB NVMe SSD. Now that I have only macOS and Linux running on it I dug up a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD and installed Windows on that while having the M.2 SSD uninstalled from my System...