AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
you can try enabling WoL for sleep with pmset -a networkoversleep 1, maybe this has an influence on shutdown too.

独独独心

AMD OS X Member
you can try enabling WoL for sleep with pmset -a networkoversleep 1, maybe this has an influence on shutdown too.
Thank you for your reply, I tried the operation you suggested, but the problem remains

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you for your reply, I tried the operation you suggested, but the problem remains
If I understand you correctly then remote power on from a system that is fully powered down is not possible.
Ive never seen it done from off.
Remotely controlling Sleep, WAKE from sleep and Restarting the system yes but a cold boot from off. Never

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It is possible to boot a machine from off state, but Macs do only support wake from sleep. That might be the reason it works after shutdown from Windows but not MacOS. The feature is also controlled by the NIC driver according to wikipedia. So MacOS might deactivate that.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It is possible to boot a machine from off state, but Macs do only support wake from sleep. That might be the reason it works after shutdown from Windows but not MacOS. The feature is also controlled by the NIC driver according to wikipedia. So MacOS might deactivate that.
I was referring to a Mac/Hack 👍

独独独心

AMD OS X Member
If I understand you correctly then remote power on from a system that is fully powered down is not possible.
Ive never seen it done from off.
Remotely controlling Sleep, WAKE from sleep and Restarting the system yes but a cold boot from off. Never

Thank you for your answer. I need the network card to keep power after the Big Sur is closed, because many devices in my house are automated, and I am also used to automation. When I walk into the study room, the computer will automatically start. When I leave for a while, the computer will start It will be closed automatically. So I want to restore this function. . . Sleep can’t do this function. I think I might need to look up more information, or implement the function I need in another way, such as automatically turning off the power after the computer is turned off, turning on the power automatically when entering the study, and setting the BIOS to call automatically. Start the computer, if I don’t want to use this method as a last resort, thank you again! I will look for other ways. Maybe I am missing something. I’m sorry, it may make you unable to understand what I mean. My English is not good. I use Google Translate to conduct a conversation. I would like to ask if your computer can be turned off, can wake on LAN?

Squizzy

AMD OS X Member
None of my SSDTs are from dortonia but are instead made up mostly manually with the exception of USBX.
SSDT-SBRG is Correcting EC, RTC memory and IRQ conflicts.

As for whats the best guide for AMD, The Dortonia Guide gives you all the basics you need and all the answers to problems like sleep not working etc etc.
The fine tuning just takes a lot of reading asking questions and sussing out what your system needs.
find a problem, find the cause and then Find the solution.

Lets start with you Wake Sleep Problem. 9 times out of 10 it’s usb related.
Have you Mapped your USB properly?
Do you have a Corsair AIO or USB Internal hub like a commander pro connected to your system?
If you are using SMBios iMacPro1,1 have you renamed XHC1 Or even better added SSDT-XHC?
If you are using 1,1 then add the ssdt to your ACPi,
Get it from here.

If you want you can start a new thread under post install and tag me in it and post your EFI and I will take a look at it for you?
This is alittle off topic for this thread as your using a different setup.
Thanks for your offer!

i will reinstall everything on big sur and describe everything as best as i can in a new thread :) all the best!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your offer!

i will reinstall everything on big sur and describe everything as best as i can in a new thread :) all the best!
Good luck buddy.

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Good Night Great AudioGo!

I changed my processor and it was a very fast show! AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core
SOBRE-BIGSUR.jpg

CINE-AMD.jpg

CINEBENCH.jpg

See the photo below I installed the hacktools when I go to the boot tab he tells me that his EFI is in version 0.6.0 that I have to update did you see something like this?

hacktools.jpg

Thanks again! for your Wonderful EFI ...

I saw in your profile that you are from London I have 2 friends who live there at about 18 years old! I had the pleasure of going 2 times to London I fell in love, I loved the air of Camden, and an Old Pub! The Palm Tree! sensational

Attachments

• CINEBENCH.jpg
    CINEBENCH.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 9

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Ezaul Clear your nvram and that should correct the version number that hackintool is seeing.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@lukakeiton ResrrictEvents v1.0.2 at work. (Memory mapping, CPU Name and PCIe tab removal)
What you mean by any new moves Bro?

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@lukakeiton ResrrictEvents v1.0.2 at work. (Memory mapping, CPU Name and PCIe tab removal)
What you mean by any new moves Bro?
Yeah! It is almost incredible what a single kext does.

Any change to your EFI? xD (Sorry, I have woke up just an hour ago)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yeah! It is almost incredible what a single kext does.

Any change to your EFI? xD (Sorry, I have woke up just an hour ago)
Ahhh ok sorry I understand now…lol (I’m not far behind you on that front)
Other then what I have already written out on the update notice and a few quirk changes again again again that's it really.
The EFI is pretty much nailed down tight now. 👍

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
Help Needed Please!
I've done a couple of OpenCore installs, but using the Dortania (Windows) guide, with Big Sur Recovery for USB creation and your EFI I cannot see OSX Install at OpenCore boot, only option to boot into windows.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Help Needed Please!
I've done a couple of OpenCore installs, but using the Dortania (Windows) guide, with Big Sur Recovery for USB creation and your EFI I cannot see OSX Install at OpenCore boot, only option to boot into windows.
No problem, All you got to do is press space when you get to the bootpicker to reveal the recovery partition. I have OpenCanopy setup as default to hide the recovery drive and things like nvram reset.

Last edited:

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
No problem, All you got to do is press space when you get to the bootpicker to reveal the recovery partition. I have OpenCanopy setup as default to hide the recovery drive and things like nvram reset.
Thanks! I'm gonna try the install tonight!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
If you need any help just get in touch. :)
Good Luck Buddy,
Install went extremely smooth! Everything working (haven't tried sidecar, have usb Mic/Audio DAC)! Thank you

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Install went extremely smooth! Everything working (haven't tried sidecar, have usb Mic/Audio DAC)! Thank you
Awesome, Enjoy Buddy. :)

Sidecar doesn’t work on a AMD cpu. You need a Intel cpu with its igpu working headless along with a GPU using smbios 19,1 for sidecar to work.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.