Big Sur 11.4 beta x570 dark hero installation issue.. please help

jackv

AMD OS X Member
So i'm kstuck.. maybe it's something dumb on my part, but i'm also new to this. I followed the opencore guide, looked at some efi examples. So far i get to the install macos boot menu, it starts scrolling down and than the monitor just turns off and nothing... the EFI sanity check site say my config.plist is "ok" maybe i'm missing something.. i thought i put everything i needed in there, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to give up :(

My config.plist attached(removed serial info)

Using opencore 0.6.8

Kexts:

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext USBPorts.kext WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext NVMeFix.kext VirtualSMC.kext

Drivers:

OpenRuntime.efi, Hfsplus.efi

Hardware breakdown:
CPU: AMD 5950x
GPU: AMD 6900XT Reference Card( finally supported on 11.4)
Motherboard: Asus X570 Crosshair Dark Hero
Hard drive: 2x WD SN850 2TB
Ram: Crucial ballstix 128gb 3600
Cooler: Noctua Nh-D15
Case: Phanteks 500A

Attachments

• config.plist
    51.2 KB · Views: 10

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you try using a different USB Port for the installer?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Remove Whatevergreen.kext and try again.

Solution

jackv

AMD OS X Member
Remove Whatevergreen.kext and try again.
@Shaneee Wow.. amazing, this worked! Awesome thank you! Any idea how to get bluetooth working? I added AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext which fixed my wifi but doesn't look like bluetooth is available, it's built into the wifi for this motherboard as far as I understand.. any ideas which kext or settings might work? Thanks again!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

agent2

Donator
Donator
@Shaneee Wow.. amazing, this worked! Awesome thank you! Any idea how to get bluetooth working? I added AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext which fixed my wifi but doesn't look like bluetooth is available, it's built into the wifi for this motherboard as far as I understand.. any ideas which kext or settings might work? Thanks again!
Well I have a Crosshair VIII Formula (basically same configuration) and I still use Whatevergreen with the agdpmod=pikera boot arg, even on OC 0.6.9 and Big Sur 11.4. I’m not sure what you’re doing on your setup, I’ve been able to not use ApplMCEReporterDisabler on Ryzen for my whole Hackintosh tenure. Oh and Bluetooth works just fine with the two kexts you mentioned.
But if that works for you, then congrats and enjoy!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
You need to map your usb properly bud,
The X570 Hero and Dark Hero has something funny going on with it’s USB layout and you may find using SSDT RHUB the way togo before trying to map it. Try SSDT-XHC as shaneee suggested but if it makes matters worst for you then try SSDT RHUB instead.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.