The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Think I will give it a try.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Added kext to config.plist, no boot args used, OC 0.6.8.

Doesn't look like I can help you shed some light on why it doesn't work for you guys.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Added kext to config.plist, no boot args used, OC 0.6.8.

Doesn't look like I can help you shed some light on why it doesn't work for you guys.
Thanks for trying and Don’t worry buddy vit is trying to get to the bottom of it, Hopefully he will find the problem and fix it soon.
So far he’s discovered that RestrictEvents is seeing my 5900x as a 2 core CPU 😂

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
So far he’s discovered that RestrictEvents is seeing my 5900x as a 2 core CPU 😂

Based on your latest log it's now a 24 core lol

Code:
RestrictEvents       rev: @ (DBG) chosen -Core Intel Xeon W patch for 24 core CPU

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Based on your latest log it's now a 24 core lol

Code:
RestrictEvents       rev: @ (DBG) chosen -Core Intel Xeon W patch for 24 core CPU
From one extreme to the other…briliant 😂😂

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I gave it a whirl while upgrading my OpenCore setup, but it still says "3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W". I didn't add any boot arguments (used the kext Aluveitie linked). Oh well.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I gave it a whirl while upgrading my OpenCore setup, but it still says "3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W". I didn't add any boot arguments (used the kext Aluveitie linked). Oh well.

Try adding revcpu=1 and see.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Shaneee Ok so it’s 100% not a EFI related problem kind of thing as somebody else using my new X570-E 0.6.9 EFI posted screenshots and there CPU (5800X) is listed correctly. Looks like it’s a 6 and 12 core problem

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Try adding revcpu=1 and see.

Stays at "3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W" with that boot argument. If I read this thread correctly the mileage kinda varies for everybody?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@RyzeCooker Some models of Ryzen CPUs work and some don’t, That’s what it looks like to me and if you also go by the error showing in my lilu logs.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It's Now Fixed for me. 🥳

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 21.54.41.png

Any luck on yours @Shaneee ?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@RyzeCooker Some models of Ryzen CPUs work and some don’t, That’s what it looks like to me and if you also go by the error showing in my lilu logs.

Maybe I'm out of luck with the 3700X series? ¯\(ツ)/¯ But this kext is in more active development than the one-trick-pony MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext I was using up till now, right? So who knows, somewhere down the line...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Maybe I'm out of luck with the 3700X series? ¯\(ツ)/¯ But this kext is in more active development than the one-trick-pony MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext I was using up till now, right? So who knows, somewhere down the line...
Try the latest version Bud.
Its now working for me.

Attachments

• RestrictEvents-1.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 106

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Try the latest version Bud.
Its now working for me.

Whoo! It's working for me too! With your help with the boot issue I had a while ago - fixed by going back to HfsPlus.efi - you are fast becoming my EFI mechanic! ;) Thanks so much!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Whoo! It's working for me too! With your help with the boot issue I had a while ago - fixed by going back to HfsPlus.efi - you are fast becoming my EFI mechanic! ;) Thanks so much!
Anytime Buddy :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Lucky for some :ROFLMAO: It doesn't seem to like mine showing as Unknown...

Edit: There we go :D As my CPU was "Unknown" I just used the ProcessorType in OC to change it to what the kext was trying to replace.

Last edited:

jumper775

AMD OS X Member
i've noticed that that kext stops intelbluetoothinjector from enabling the intel bluetooth drivers. so there are some incompatabilities.

I have not done a usb map yet though as my motherboard seems to work just fine for all my uses without it. my bt does interface with usb so ill give that a shot.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i've noticed that that kext stops intelbluetoothinjector from enabling the intel bluetooth drivers. so there are some incompatabilities.
Jump on to the bug report and reported that to vit please bud.

Last edited:

jumper775

AMD OS X Member
alright! will do, Ive tested a few things, I haven't gotten to usb map yet, however it appears putting the bluetooth firmware as higher priority on open core makes it work

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.