Solved RX Vega 64 choppy graphics after 11.3 update

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Hey folks,

After I updated to Mac OS Big Sur 11.3 graphics performance has become choppy and laggy. Things like Finder, Safari, and generally all run-of-the mill apps are all super snappy and responsive (as usual), however games such as SC2 and Civ 6 suffer from choppiness and lag. Even Heaven suffers from slow graphics. Checking iStat I can see that in Civ 6 only 50% of the GPU is utilized and 75% in Heaven whereas in 11.2.X it always maxed out to 100% (when needed).

O.C. is up to date, as are Lilu and Whatevergreen. Is this just Apple being stupid (not surprising), and has anyone else notice a decrease in GPU performance?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you update your Kernel patches for 11.3 by any chance? Don't forget to re-enable Shaneee's Fix PAT patch (and disable Algrey's in turn).

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Did you update your Kernel patches for 11.3 by any chance? Don't forget to re-enable Shaneee's Fix PAT patch (and disable Algrey's in turn).
I did, and noticed that Shaneee's was un-checked in OC config (looked redundant). Hmm, will look into this later, thanks! :cool:

Edit: This seems to have done the trick, mostly. Gaming seems fixed, Heaven is still choppy. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.