AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I went on a mission to get myself a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero DARK HERO as a freebie and failed miserably but in my pursuit for the motherboard I hassled the company so much that to shut me up they gave me a ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING instead.
Anyway, as it happens to be my personal all round favourite X570 motherboard it would of been rude of me not to tear down my system and rebuild it with the X570-E mounted inside it instead.
Everything is working apart from the internal mic inputs and SideCar but everything else like Sleep, PowerNap, Wake, All iCloud functions inc AirDrop, iMessage, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc work perfectly.
I have fully mapped USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build SpecIMG_6344.jpeg
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 4021)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 6800
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG 1200Mbps 802.11ac
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Operating Systems: Big Sur, Monterey Beta, Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.4
  • SMBios MacPro7,1

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)

Kexts
  • Lilu.kext - V1.5.6
  • VirtualSMC.kext - V1.2.7
  • WhateverGreen.kext - V1.5.4
  • AppleALC.kext - V1.6.5
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext - V1.3.0
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - V1.1.0
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext - V0.7.0
  • RestrictEvents.kext - V1.0.5
  • USBMap.kext - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 15.55.19.png

What Works

Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port​
Both Ethernet Ports​
WiFi / Bluetooth​
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)​
Sleep & Wake​
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button​
Power Nap​
Hardware Acceleration​
AirDrop​
iCloud​
iMessages​
FaceTime​
AppleTV​
Netflix & Amazon Prime via Safari​
Handoff​
Continuity​
Apple Watch Unlock​

What Doesn't Work
SideCar​
Internal Mic Input​

As the iMacPro has now been discontinued I thought it was only right to stop using smbios iMacPro1,1 for my EFI setups and use MacPro7,1 instead but this also means the EFI is only good to use with Catalina or newer.
For any OS older then Catalina you would need to switch the smbios to iMacPro1,1 and modify the config.plist to suit it.
One of the advantages with using smbios MacPro7,1 is there are no renames necessary for the USB controllers allowing me to keep the USB mapping as close to how AMD/ASUS intended the USB Mapping to be.

A few very minor tweaks and changes might be needed to be done to make your system setup perfect so please make sure you read the Install & Post Install notes so you can make those last few changes quick and easily.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree add your details by modifying the following
1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.png

Nvram
Important
- Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.

GPU
If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Recovery Drive
I have the Recovery Drive and NVRAM Reset options hidden as standard in OpenCanopy, To reveal the options all you have to do is press the Space Bar when you get to the BootPicker.

IMPORTANT - PATCH INFO FOR SETTING THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 18.45.53.png

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 16.16.43.png

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 16.19.18.png

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 16.10.27.png

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 18.10.48.png

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.4 (04/10/2021) SMBios MacPro7,1
The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.5,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.4,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.5,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.4 (Monterey Beta 8 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under UEFI->APFS set the MinDate and MinVersion to -1 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 2 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is now fully working under Monterey 12.0.

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 074 EFI .zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 846
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Post Install Notes

GPU
If your not happy with your geekbench results or want better frame rates while gaming and do not use audio over HDMI or DP then go into the Config.plist and navigate to Kernel -> Patch, Scroll down to the very last patch in the list (39) and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly above it (38). Save, Restart and your find your GPU geekbench score and frame rates in games will be better.
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 21.48.31.png

Intel Bluetooth & WiFi
Personally I prefer to use a native WiFi/Bluetooth Combo Card so I swapped out the Intel wireless combo card for a BCM94360NG instead.
If you would like to use the internal Intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and install the correct kexts from here.

Windows BootCamp
I have bypassed OpenCore when booting into any OS other then MacOS so Windows and Linux won’t see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI or your smbios Details will be loaded into any other OS.
This also means that bootcamp for windows will not work so if you wanted to use this feature then all you need to do is allow OpenCore to inject your smbios details again by making the following changes to the Config.plist.

Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> No​
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create​

ASUS RGB Software Controller for Big Sur

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 10.28.13.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 11.07.11.png

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.42.37.png

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.41.10.png

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.38.12.png

Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 00.10.18.png

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.49.08.png

If you need help then you’re welcome to get in touch and please do let me know how the EFI works for you.

Big Ups!
AG

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome, Thank You Buddy.
Let me know how it works for you. :)

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
awesome work cant wait to try

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
UPDATE NOTICE
I have made a small change to the EFI and added a correction to HPET via SSDT-HPET.aml and _CRS to XCRS Rename.
If you downloaded the EFI prior to today then please download it again with the new changes.
AG

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey All,
Just a quick note but I’m still fine tuning and refining the EFI so don’t be surprised if I post a new revision of it a few more times before 0.6.9 releases.
Keep an eye out for updates. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
UPDATE NOTICE
Memory Mapping has had a make over as I have discovered and had it confirmed by one of the OpenCore Devs that memory mapping can have a knock on effect on your memory stability if you fill the dummy slots with info like ram speed or having the ram listed in an order that OpenCores Memory Mapping doesn't like.
I have resolved these issues by mapping slots 0 and 2 instead of how my ram is actually installed (slots 1 and 3) and listing all other dummy ports as just that. This has allowed my memory timings to be a lot tighter then I could have them in MacOS previously and resolved the rare wake lockups that I discovered were happening.

Like Last time If you downloaded the EFI prior to today then please download it again with the new changes.
AG

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Updated to 11.3 with no problems.
Update Away!!!!!! (y)

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 20.02.22.png

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Nice work dude!
I have same motherboard and have my own EFI. Anyway, I decided to test yours and definitely it is much better than mine. However, I realised my AIO water cooler was not recognised. This is due to a missing USB port at 61500000 address (XHC0 2-> 05000000) that corresponds to internal USB 2.0 (3_4). USB port. USB port at 20500000 (PRT5) should be removed (XHCI -> 05000000).

If you want to go further with cosmetics, I suggest you to add this to config.plist under DeviceProperties: (Key | Class | Value)
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x5,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) -> Dictionary
    • AAPL,slot-name | String | Built in
    • device-id | Data | 25810000
    • device_type | String | RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller
    • name | String | Realtek RTL8125 2.5GbE Ethernet
    • vendor-id | Data | EC100000
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) -> Dictionary
    • device-id | Data | 39150000
    • device_type | String | I211 Ethernet controller
    • name | String | Intel I211 Ethernet
    • vendor-id | Data | 86800000
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4) -> Dictionary
    • device_type | String | Multimedia Controller
    • layout-id | Number | 15
    • model | String | Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller
    • name | String | SupremeFX S1220A
I hope you like it!

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@lukakeiton I have usb2 - 4 switched off on purpose for my own usage and why would I want to add cosmetic changes to the device properties section?
it’s purely cosmetic to fill in your pci devices section and can cause big problems so I choose not to do that.
pointless and unnecessary, il leave that down to the end user to fill in that if they want it cos I don’t care for it myself. 👍

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod It's only a suggestion with respect to cosmetic changes. With respect USB port, I think it is useful for those people who want plug&play connection and making sleep/wake work properly. Anyway, nice work!

BTW, which problems can cause adding devices to pci section?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod It's only a suggestion with respect to cosmetic changes. With respect USB port, I think it is useful for those people who want plug&play connection and making sleep/wake work properly. Anyway, nice work!

BTW, which problems can cause adding devices to pci section?
The pci section can break sleep, slow down start up time and just add nothing to the mix in my opinion buddy. I used to fill in my pci section all the time with my EFIs over on IM but got talked out of doing it on EFIs by Download Fritz and Vit and haven’t done it ever since. I’ve also come across 3 broken sleep issues caused by people filling in the pci section over on my x570 pro thread.
As for the USB port, it’s already added back for OC 0.6.9 but will wait till that releases now before posting any more changes to the EFI as I have already made a lot of them. 😂

Awesome stuff buddy 👍

Last edited:

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
The pci section can break sleep, slow down start up time and just add nothing to the mix in my opinion buddy. I used to fill in my pci section all the time with my EFIs over on IM but got talked out of doing it on EFIs by Download Fritz and Vit and haven’t done it ever since. I’ve also come across 3 broken sleep issues caused by people filling in the pci section over on my x570 pro thread.
As for the USB port, it’s already added it back for OC 0.6.9 but will wait till that releases now before posting any more changes to the EFI as I have already made a lot of them. 😂

Awesome stuff buddy 👍
Oh! I didn't know this! Thanks for the info. Now, I am going to test boot timings with cosmetics changes and without them.

I am back again :p Same boot times for me but considering in the future remove cosmetics if any error shows up.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Oh! I didn't know this! Thanks for the info. Now, I am going to test boot timings with cosmetics changes and without them.

I am back again :p Same boot times for me but considering in the future remove cosmetics if any error shows up.
If your only injecting what you showed me via device properties then it won’t be a problem at all, it’s when you add everything and the kitchen sink to it that it causes trouble tbh. (When any of the OC Devs tell me not to do something I tend to listen to them as they do know best really)

Couple of things for you to change to make the EFI rock solid stable,
1. If your using a Navi gpu then change the boot argument from agdpmod=pikera to agdpmod=ignore
2. In the config.plist under Kernel -> Quirks change DisableRtcChecksum to True. (This is a major one for the system and is the iceing on the cake for a Rock Solid EFI)

I would of done A V4 of the EFI but 0.6.9 will be out in the next week so I figured I would wait and do it with the new OC revision. I have also redone 3 of the SSDTs and have a beta version of the Lucyethernet kext that works propperly at all speeds and auto connects instead of having to manual set it up…yay lol

If you want a version of the new EFI with all the changes made then let me know and I will send it to you? :)

BTW, Your mapping description on the internal USB 2.0 is right and wrong.
USB 2.0 internal 1 and 2 is on 20500000 and USB 2.0 internal 3 and 4 is on 61500000 & 61600000 respectively. I turned off 61500000 for myself and never turned it back on for the thread. (Whoopsy) but like I said earlier it is and will be corrected for OC 0.6.9.

Question, Why would you want to have the Corsair AIO mapped in USB and forcing you to use SSDT-GPRW.aml and the GPRW patch to fix sleep?
Wouldn’t you be better off using it my way with the USB port disabled alleviating the need to use that horrible patch in the first place?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@lukakeiton If you want to control your RGB in MacOS then grab a copy of Aureal if you haven’t already got it. I posted it in the resources section on here. It’s good stuff

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Really appreciate your help! and devs knowledge.

With respect your comments, I have a navi gpu, instead using agdpmod=ignore flag, I have removed it. About the quick under kernel, I have already marked (my mistake) because I don't, bios reset on every reset/shut down. Also works with RTCMemoryFixup.kext.

Yeah!! I would like to have access to your new EFI! As I said before, I have completely trash my work on this mb to trash and get yours.

With respect USB mapping, my case is nzxt h710 so I only need USB2.0 3_4 on 61500000 because I only have my corsair water cooler connected to that port. Anyway, it is good to know there is another port on next memory region.

If I have mapped this port, it was due to not restart/shut down/sleep were working properly. However, If I add this port and remove 20500000, it all works like a charm.

OMG! I love you!! Aureal is working smoothly!! Nice!!

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@lukakeiton Awesome,, I’m glad it’s working for you. Good Stuff 😎
I will send you the new EFI soon, I’m just in the middle of making some major changes to it yet again and I am in the middle of tweaking and testing. As soon as I’ve sussed out how some of the new commits work like the CPU name change using the new restrictevents kext I will Chuck a copy your way for you to scrutinise for me.
Nice One Buddy
AG

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@lukakeiton Awesome,, I’m glad it’s working for you. Good Stuff 😎
I will send you the new EFI soon, I’m just in the middle of making some major changes to it yet again and I am in the middle of tweaking and testing. As soon as I’ve sussed out how some of the new commits work like the CPU name change using the new restrictevents kext I will Chuck a copy your way for you to scrutinise for me.
Nice One Buddy
AG
I also red the cpu name changes with that kext. I am modifying the code inside to avoid boot flag.

Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.