How to update Open Core??

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Hi there. Could you help me to updte Open Core?? Thanks in advance.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm finding 0.6.7 a bit more challenging than any previous versions, trying to get it to work without bootstrap is something I've decided to turn into a weekend project in case I really b0rk things up. ;)

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
I have followed this manual but I have not been able to complete it. Maybe becuase of 0.6.7??? Thanks in advance.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

sos86

AMD OS X Member
My basic steps each time OC updates:

1) Make sure I have a backup of a working EFI folder from the current working release.
2) Copy the new OC files over the existing EFI directory
3) Manually open my existing config.plist and the example config.plist from the new OC version in propertree
4) Carefully go through, checking and comparing for new entries, or removed entries - takes about 10 minutes.
5) Having edited my config.plist as per step 4, check it for sanity at: https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ (currently only at 0.66)
6) Reboot & cross fingers!

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys, do you guys have issue where after you updated to 0.6.7, your Hackintosh Tool still showing 0.6.6 ?

1615006303550.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.