AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Hi, yes you can use my EFI with your setup but you need to add the intel kexts for wifi and bluetooth that you can get from here.

Plus you will need to change the ethernet kext to this version for High Sierra
Sorry if I bother you, but like that i'll have all of my usb powered? I'll attach to them a Logitech Streamcam on USB-C and a Focusrite Scarlett on Any USB!

And should i edit something in boot args?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Just remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
You might need to add something to it for the 1080ti but off the top of my head I can not remember sorry bud.

cp007

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod
Great guide, thnks a lot. I was using it with R7 3800X CPU, MSI X570-a-PRO and Sapphire 5700X card. Have been strugling some time as the installer was hanging in late phase not logging into the Big Sur. Finally after deleting original line in device properties for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1) containing fake card parameters and replacing it with properties as in attached image -containing the GPU vendor and dev. ID extracted with help of Windows device manager, it booted to Big Sur without any issues. . Still need to fix audio with finding the right ALCID as 1 is not working, and will do some more testing this weekend, but for time being seems to be very stable.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi AudioGod
Great guide, thnks a lot. I was using it with R7 3800X CPU, MSI X570-a-PRO and Sapphire 5700X card. Have been strugling some time as the installer was hanging in late phase not logging into the Big Sur. Finally after deleting original line in device properties for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1) containing fake card parameters and replacing it with properties as in attached image -containing the GPU vendor and dev. ID extracted with help of Windows device manager, it booted to Big Sur without any issues. . Still need to fix audio with finding the right ALCID as 1 is not working, and will do some more testing this weekend, but for time being seems to be very stable.

Nice one buddy,
The EFI is really only designed for the Aorus X570 boards as all of the ACPI SSDTs are directly created for my board.
A lot of things won’t be right and your need to make a few changes but good stuff for getting it going on your setup and enjoy buddy.👍

By the way, injecting the card the way you have could cause errors.
One good way to see it is to run Luxmark and check out what it thinks your GPU is. If it says anything other then what it’s meant to be then it’s conflicting. If you run a game and it’s causing trouble your get frame drops all over the place.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1) containing fake card parameters is only used for getting DRM in AppleTV and Apple Music Streaming to work Properly. It serves no other functions so I don’t see how that could cause a hang in the installer for you bud. Very Interesting though

Last edited:

fix38

AMD OS X Member
Hello,
You did great job and thanks for the EFI, far better than mine I struggled to build.
Had an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card (seem to use BCM4352 chipset) working properly on Catalina which support seem to be broken on BigSur
Any idea or workaround to make is work on BigSur 11.2 ?
Thanks again @AudioGod

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello,
You did great job and thanks for the EFI, far better than mine I struggled to build.
Had an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card (seem to use BCM4352 chipset) working properly on Catalina which support seem to be broken on BigSur
Any idea or workaround to make is work on BigSur 11.2 ?
Thanks again @AudioGod
Thanks for the kind words buddy,
You can try BrcmPatchRAM to get it going From here

Instructions on what kexts to use can be found here.

fix38

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your answer
Will try that ASAP, I did not figured out it could possibly work on my card when I first read dortania's guide

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your answer
Will try that ASAP, I did not figured out it could possibly work on my card when I first read dortania's guide
No worries,
I believe this would also be related to your chipset

fix38

AMD OS X Member
No worries,
I believe this would also be related to your chipset
I indeed already added bcrmfixup kext in config.plist without any luck on that
I also experienced very slow boot time and panic on sleep causing reboot, but I realise that I did not reset the NVRAM (I guess It may be related)
:);)

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

First of all, congrats for this amazing post!

I'm setting up a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite with R5 2600 and a NVIDIA GT 740 on BigSur 11.2 with OC 0.6.6. I've manage to get everything working except for the Sleep/Wake which isn't working at all.

I've used the Dortania's OpenCore guide and checked everything what you've done with your EFI folder. I've mapped my USB ports with hackintool but I didn't renamed them as you did with the SSDTs files, which brings me to my question: Can I use your SSDTs for my configuration since it's the same manufacturer? Or did you patched them?

The other HW that I'm using which would be relevant is a Fenvi Wifi+BT PCIe (Intel 9260NGW) and the BT is connected to Internal USB2.0 Port (which is mapped as internal).

When I try to put it to sleep the screen goes off, but the nothing else goes off. When I try to wake it up through keyboard or mouse click (both connected to the USB2.0 ports), the system often doesn't react, but when it does it turns on the screen but it ill be all black with only the mouse pointer stuck. After that, the only way to proceed is rebooting the system.

Thank you

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello,

First of all, congrats for this amazing post!

I'm setting up a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite with R5 2600 and a NVIDIA GT 740 on BigSur 11.2 with OC 0.6.6. I've manage to get everything working except for the Sleep/Wake which isn't working at all.

I've used the Dortania's OpenCore guide and checked everything what you've done with your EFI folder. I've mapped my USB ports with hackintool but I didn't renamed them as you did with the SSDTs files, which brings me to my question: Can I use your SSDTs for my configuration since it's the same manufacturer? Or did you patched them?

The other HW that I'm using which would be relevant is a Fenvi Wifi+BT PCIe (Intel 9260NGW) and the BT is connected to Internal USB2.0 Port (which is mapped as internal).

When I try to put it to sleep the screen goes off, but the nothing else goes off. When I try to wake it up through keyboard or mouse click (both connected to the USB2.0 ports), the system often doesn't react, but when it does it turns on the screen but it ill be all black with only the mouse pointer stuck. After that, the only way to proceed is rebooting the system.

Thank you
Hi,
My XHC-SSDT is Taylor made for the X570 Aorus. The x570 has 3 usb controllers and I don’t know if that’s the case with your B450 (I doubt very much it is as the B550 has 2 controllers)
could you show me a screenshot of your XHC layout within the IO Reg or if you don’t know how to do that then show me a screenshot of the USB ports via hackintool. :)
Also what SSDTs are you using?

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
My XHC-SSDT is Taylor made for the X570 Aorus. The x570 has 3 usb controllers and I don’t know if that’s the case with your B450 (I doubt very much it is as the B550 has 2 controllers)
could you show me a screenshot of your XHC layout within the IO Reg or if you don’t know how to do that then show me a screenshot of the USB ports via hackintool. :)
Also what SSDTs are you using?
Thank you for your response.

I'll share my EFI folder for better understanding of my structure.

So here it is my actual IOExplorer screenshot for USB ports

As so my Hackintool screenshot:

Please notice my USB port without any mapping:

I've removed PTXH/POT9 and PTXH/POT10 to keep bellow 15 ports to remove the Quirk XHCIPortLimit as mentioned on Dortania's tutorial.

The USB3.0 ports always maps to two IOPorts when using a USB2.0 or USB3.0 device (as you can check on my USB port comments) is this normal behavior?

Regarding the SSDTs I'm using:

SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml - Provided by Dortania's guide.
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml - Compiled from OpenCorePkg sample .dsl (I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I saw Technolli YouTuber doing it -
)

Kexts Used:

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext
AirportItlwm.kext
NVMeFix.kext
AppleALC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
USBPorts.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Removed AirportItlwm.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext due to their size on EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
As there’s 2 controllers it means you can do 15 ports per controller so you dont need to remove any ports if you don’t want to.
I see you have usb 2 outputs listed as being on usb2 ports, this is incorrect unless it really is a usb 2 only port. If the port is usb c for instance and you wanted usb 2.0 coming off it aswell then you would list both maps as usb c not usb2 and usb c. Same thing with a usb 3 port usb 2 and usb 3 coming off the same port would still be usb 3 on both maps.

You don’t need to use XHC-ssdt or any sort or name change as XHC0 and PTXH are fine and don’t conflict with smbios iMacpro1,1 or 7,1.

you have 2 examples of t he same ssdt.
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml - Provided by Dortania's guide.
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
Use one of the other not both.

do all of the above correctly and your sleep states should start working for you.

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
Just remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
You might need to add something to it for the 1080ti but off the top of my head I can not remember sorry bud.

I've tried to use my GTX1060 with High Sierra, you'll need to add nvda_drv_vrl=1 on boot-args to be able to install Nvidia's Web Drivers.

You also need to change SecureBootModel to Disable on Misc>Security on config.plist

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@tiagoadriao Replace MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext with RestrictEvents.kext

These kexts are only needed if your using smbios 7,1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
As there’s 2 controllers it means you can do 15 ports per controller so you dont need to remove any ports if you don’t want to.
I see you have usb 2 outputs listed as being on usb2 ports, this is incorrect unless it really is a usb 2 only port. If the port is usb c for instance and you wanted usb 2.0 coming off it aswell then you would list both maps as usb c not usb2 and usb c. Same thing with a usb 3 port usb 2 and usb 3 coming off the same port would still be usb 3 on both maps.

You don’t need to use XHC-ssdt or any sort or name change as XHC0 and PTXH are fine and don’t conflict with smbios iMacpro1,1 or 7,1.

So I should map ,i.e XHC0/PRT3 and XHC0/PRT7, should be both configured as USB3 Connector type because it's a USB3.0 physical port?

I thought it only should have 15 IOPorts in total regardless of the number of controllers, thanks for the tip.

And what about your other SSDTs, like PLUG and SBRG? May I import them? Or are they specific wise for your setup?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
So I should map ,i.e XHC0/PRT3 and XHC0/PRT7, should be both configured as USB3 Connector type because it's a USB3.0 physical port?

I thought it only should have 15 IOPorts in total regardless of the number of controllers, thanks for the tip.

And what about your other SSDTs, like PLUG and SBRG? May I import them? Or are they specific wise for your setup?
No it’s 15 ports max per controller not in total So yep you can totally bring back those 2 maps and yes that’s spot on, the physical port is what you list it as regardless or if it’s usb 3 or 2. 👍

Please do try using SSDT Plug and SBRG, the way your know if it’s working or not is look at your power saving options before and after and with the SSDTs enabled you should have the options for power nap and wake up after power failure.
SSDT SBRG contains EC and other fixes so you wouldn’t need SSDT EC usbx if SBRG is working for you. In that case you would use SSDT USBX instead. (Pinch it from my EFI).
im not sure if either of those SSDTs will work correctly with you b450 but do let me know the results.
Good Luck Buddy 😊

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
No it’s 15 ports max per controller not in total So yep you can totally bring back those 2 maps and yes that’s spot on, the physical port is what you list it as regardless or if it’s usb 3 or 2. 👍

Please do try using SSDT Plug and SBRG, the way your know if it’s working or not is look at your power saving options before and after and with the SSDTs enabled you should have the options for power nap and wake up after power failure.
SSDT SBRG contains EC and other fixes so you wouldn’t need SSDT EC usbx if SBRG is working for you. In that case you would use SSDT USBX instead. (Pinch it from my EFI).
im not sure if either of those SSDTs will work correctly with you b450 but do let me know the results.
Good Luck Buddy 😊

It showed up! Should I enable it?

Thank you a lot!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

It showed up! Should I enable it?

Thank you a lot!
Awesome, did you remove EC-USBX and replace it with USBX?

I have power nap enabled, I like that feature. You can see how I have it set on page one.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.