Hello There! I'm a Newbie and I'm Seeking for Help!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok, cool! If i find something wich does not work can i write under this post?
Yeah sure, we are here to help where we can. :)
I’m off to sleep soon so if I don’t get back to you it’s cos I’m Zzzzzzzzzz lol
It should just work though, im confident don’t worry. 🤞😂
Good Luck and let me know how it works for you,

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If your Bluetooth and or WiFi isn’t working then go into the Config.plist and under Misc -> Security Change SecureBootModel from Disabled to Default save it and then restart.

I set it to disabled in anticipation of you installing the NVidia web drivers.👍

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
If your Bluetooth and or WiFi isn’t working then go into the Config.plist and under Misc -> Security Change SecureBootModel from Disabled to Default save it and then restart.

I set it to disabled in anticipation of you installing the NVidia web drivers.👍
@AudioGod I think there is a problem with usb, because (for example) my USB Sound Card Just Turn on and Off on its own for few seconds, until it just shuts. Is it intended?

EDIT: Every one of My 4 USB 2.0 does this. I tried to plug the sound card to USB 3.0 and it turns on, but the sound coming from my headphones scatters. I Hear little bits of sound.

Checking Camera ATM.

EDIT x2: If I change the config.plist with ProperTree From Disabled to Default (and resented nvram), my Gpu drivers are gone!

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I think there is a problem with usb, because (for example) my USB Sound Card Just Turn on and Off on its own for few seconds, until it just shuts. Is it intended?

EDIT: Every one of My 4 USB 2.0 does this. I tried to plug the sound card to USB 3.0 and it turns on, but the sound coming from my headphones scatters. I Hear little bits of sound.

Checking Camera ATM.
Disconnect all your devices from your USB ports including any hubs and test from there. make sure its not a device causing the problem.
Unless the usb kext differs for high Sierra it should be correct, im using the same kext on the same board right now as I type to you but with Big Sur

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Disconnect all your devices from your USB ports including any hubs and test from there. make sure its not a device causing the problem.
Unless the usb kext differs for high Sierra if should be correct, im using the same kext on the same board right now as I type to you but with Big Sur
I'll go and try once I can revert the no gpu drivers issue, as I said in my previous edit I'm checking everything!

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
New Update. After modifying the parameter in the Misc settings with Propertree, my GPU drivers stopped working. Reverting did not fix anything. What did I screwed up?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It might need to be disabled for the GPU
Reset you NVRam

Heres the config with SecureBootModel set to Default for you

Attachments

• Config.plist
    51.7 KB · Views: 1

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
It might need to be disabled for the GPU
Reset you NVRam

Heres the config with SecureBootModel set to Default for you
I tried every time I make a change to reset nvram, but is seems impossible to bring my gnu back unfortunately. I'll try tomorrow morning to do a clean install again and see what happens.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I tried every time I make a change to reset nvram, but is seems impossible to bring my gnu back unfortunately. I'll try tomorrow morning to do a clean install again and see what happens.
Good luck

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Redownload the Efi if you think you may of messed it up in anyway and just start again buddy.
All the files you need are right here for you on your thread :)

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Redownload the Efi if you think you may of messed it up in anyway and just start again buddy.
All the files you need are right here for you on your thread :)
Ok, I did a lot of checks. If I reset nvram, my Nvidia drivers screws up. But if I do it to enable my wifi with the changes after misc I'm constricted to format again. I'm kinda lost, because I don't know what to do at all.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok, I did a lot of checks. If I reset nvram, my Nvidia drivers screws up. But if I do it to enable my wifi with the changes after misc I'm constricted to format again. I'm kinda lost, because I don't know what to do at all.
I think you have to leave SecureBootModel disabled to use the Nvidia web drivers.
Im guessing your bluetooth and wifi are playing up with it disabled and that's why your trying to enable it?
Hhhmmmm that might be a problem if that's the case. Theres a patch you might be able to use to get around it and leave SecureBootModel disabled while forcing the wifi card to work but its bit hit and miss tbh.
because the combination of gpu and board your using is very rare for a macOS build now days you might have to ask the devs of the wifi kext about it over here.

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
I think you have to leave SecureBootModel disabled to use the Nvidia web drivers.
Im guessing your bluetooth and wifi are playing up with it disabled and that's why your trying to enable it?
Hhhmmmm that might be a problem if that's the case. Theres a patch you might be able to use to get around it and leave SecureBootModel disabled while forcing the wifi card to work but its bit hit and miss tbh.
because the combination of gpu and board your using is very rare for a macOS build now days you might have to ask the devs of the wifi kext about it over here.
@AudioGod I'm trying to fix this by trying multiple solutions. I'd just like to ask for help on 2.0 USB, since no usb devices with has 2,0 standards want to work. I even bough a usb 2.0 hub, but it's not recognised at all.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I'm trying to fix this by trying multiple solutions. I'd just like to ask for help on 2.0 USB, since no usb devices with has 2,0 standards want to work. I even bough a usb 2.0 hub, but it's not recognised at all.
Try disabling XHC-SSDT from the config.plist under ACPI
if no luck there then enable it again and disable the USBMap.kext under kernel.
High Sierra must not like one of them two USB drivers.
it’s also possible that the SMBIos is wrong when Using a nvidia card. I don’t know the answer to that myself though I’m afraid but a quick google search should give you the answer. I’m at work at the moment so I can’t sit on here I’m afraid or I’ll get fired.....lol

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Nevermind me atm! If you are pleased to help me, I’ll surely wait for you!

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Try disabling XHC-SSDT from the config.plist under ACPI
if no luck there then enable it again and disable the USBMap.kext under kernel.
High Sierra must not like one of them two USB drivers.
it’s also possible that the SMBIos is wrong when Using a nvidia card. I don’t know the answer to that myself though I’m afraid but a quick google search should give you the answer. I’m at work at the moment so I can’t sit on here I’m afraid or I’ll get fired.....lol
@AudioGod OK, new Update. I managed to get Wifi and Bluetooth, and finally set the right flag (Default) on Misc section.

Now, I tried your solutions to enable 2.0 mode on my USB ports, but I seem out of luck, since that's my last problem on this machine, that is otherwise perfect. When you end working, will you be kind enough to help me settle this last thing? Because otherwise I can't use nor my hub (2.0 hub, it's not recognised in every port) or my usb equipment.

NOTE TO EVERY READER: I noticed that If I plug My sound card Scarlett Solo 3rd gen studio (Compatible with High Sierra natively) into any 2.0 port and in some 3.0 port it starts to turn on and off very fast for some second before shutting down. Same occurs even with every other USB device.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.