AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@UrbanLegend619 Im going to sit down and study the layout of your board and see if I can figure out whats going on for you.
Il do some research and get back to you buddy. :)

Have a dig though here and see if there’s something that helps.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations

I’m thinking maybe you need to make yourself SSDT-HPET as it could well be a conflict.
You can pull it from your board super easy using SSDT Time.

Last edited:

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Thanks AudioGod. I went through that section once before, and even created an HPET file. But it was using a previous EFI setup. I'll go through it again, and recreate the HPET file. I'll go slowly and try everything, as I've learned a lot since the last time, maybe I missed something. I'm sure it's just one little setting, or conflict, or whatever. Hoping persistence pays off! Thanks for everything!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks AudioGod. I went through that section once before, and even created an HPET file. But it was using a previous EFI setup. I'll go through it again, and recreate the HPET file. I'll go slowly and try everything, as I've learned a lot since the last time, maybe I missed something. I'm sure it's just one little setting, or conflict, or whatever. Hoping persistence pays off! Thanks for everything!
Only add the first rename patch that fixes irq conflicts to the config.plist for HPET

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Only add the first rename patch that fixes irq conflicts to the config.plist for HPET
I added the HPET and the first patch only. Still no sleep. At first I tried both patches because I hadn't seen your response yet. I spent a couple more hours tinkering and going through the Dortania guide and trying everything I could, and just seems not to want to sleep. To make a really really bad joke, "I'm not losing sleep over it". Lol. Couldn't help myself. It seems incredibly stable for now, so time to enjoy it for awhile! I'll give it another go sometime, because (another bad joke coming?), I just can't let it rest!

Thanks for everything!!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I added the HPET and the first patch only. Still no sleep. At first I tried both patches because I hadn't seen your response yet. I spent a couple more hours tinkering and going through the Dortania guide and trying everything I could, and just seems not to want to sleep. To make a really really bad joke, "I'm not losing sleep over it". Lol. Couldn't help myself. It seems incredibly stable for now, so time to enjoy it for awhile! I'll give it another go sometime, because (another bad joke coming?), I just can't let it rest!

Thanks for everything!!
Don’t worry i totally get it, I’m a perfectionist that also has severe OCD and if I have a problem I need to solve or something isn’t right then it bothers me and sticks in my head until it’s sorted. 🤣

Ok buddy so try the following things please.
  1. On the X570 Ultra Enabling ERP in the bios causes exactly the problem your describing. If you have it enabled then disable it and try again or if it’s disabled then try enabling it and see what happens. (if neither work then could you send me a screenshot of your bios power management settings please?)
  2. Go into the config.plist and disable SIP then restart, open hackintool and check your power settings are correct and if it’s not then autocorrect it in hackintool. After that still using hackintool clear your cache and rebuild permissions then you can enable SIP again and restart. When you get to the bootpicker press space and reset your nvram.
  3. Check in the Bios to see if you have any com or serial ports buried in the settings and disable them if you do. On a Aorus Master it’s under Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled (i don’t think there is but you never know) Also try disabling the 10gb lan port in the bios.
  4. Failing all of the above, Strip the system back and remove all devices from the USB ports, remove the T919 and any other PCIe Cards you may have apart from the GPU from the system temporally and boot up and if your keyboard is a fancy RGB or Gaming keyboard then remove that too once your fully booted into Big Sur and see if it will goto sleep & wake properly. If it does then put devices back one by one until you hit the problem child.
To disable SIP find csr-active-config: 00000000 under the nvram in the config.plist and change it too FF0F0000

00000000 = SIP Fully Enabled
FF0F0000 = SIP Disabled

Hackintool - https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool/releases

Good Luck 🤞

Last edited:

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Is anyone using a microphone on the X570 board Pro
Or anyone has a better solution for this

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@VenimK Mics do not work with onboard sound with AppleALC. You'd have to switch to VoodooHDA (with lower sound quality) or use an USB or Bluetooth Mic.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
11.2.1 installed just fine :)

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Don’t worry i totally get it, I’m a perfectionist that also has severe OCD and if I have a problem I need to solve or something isn’t right then it bothers me and sticks in my head until it’s sorted. 🤣

Ok buddy so try the following things please.
  1. On the X570 Ultra Enabling ERP in the bios causes exactly the problem your describing. If you have it enabled then disable it and try again or if it’s disabled then try enabling it and see what happens. (if neither work then could you send me a screenshot of your bios power management settings please?)
  2. Go into the config.plist and disable SIP then restart, open hackintool and check your power settings are correct and if it’s not then autocorrect it in hackintool. After that still using hackintool clear your cache and rebuild permissions then you can enable SIP again and restart. When you get to the bootpicker press space and reset your nvram.
  3. Check in the Bios to see if you have any com or serial ports buried in the settings and disable them if you do. On a Aorus Master it’s under Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled (i don’t think there is but you never know) Also try disabling the 10gb lan port in the bios.
  4. Failing all of the above, Strip the system back and remove all devices from the USB ports, remove the T919 and any other PCIe Cards you may have apart from the GPU from the system temporally and boot up and if your keyboard is a fancy RGB or Gaming keyboard then remove that too once your fully booted into Big Sur and see if it will goto sleep & wake properly. If it does then put devices back one by one until you hit the problem child.
To disable SIP find csr-active-config: 00000000 under the nvram in the config.plist and change it too FF0F0000

00000000 = SIP Fully Enabled
FF0F0000 = SIP Disabled

Hackintool - https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool/releases

Good Luck 🤞

I'm going to try all these things this weekend! Thanks so much! You're guidance and assistance and ideas are really appreciated! I'll keep you all posted!

maclinuxg4

AMD OS X Member

Good Luck 🤞
hello,

i remember when a sure on AMd try this command, but many symbols don't exist. Is this command running correctly?

how (dylib to have) and version of mac os yo uuse thanks

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@maclinuxg4 you have to have SIP fully disabled or it won’t work.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
no dylib to add ? sur
No, why would you want to add Dylib?
Hackintool will work as is and to do certain tasks like rebuilding your permissions the only thing you would need to do is disable SIP.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you so much for this great and detailed work!!!
I have experience with opencore since 0.5.6 and was able to create a working stick/SSD for Catalina.
my hardware is identical to yours, except graphics, I have the Radeon RX 570 w/8GB;
boot-args: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 npci=0x2000 alcid=29 (Above 4G decoding disabled);
everything within your config.plist looks so fine, but unfortunately I'm unable to boot your EFI;
of course I used GenSMBIOS and my MAC to complete the config for my machine;

error message: OCB StartImage failed - Unsupported
can you please help?
Do me a favour and download my EFI again and this time only remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments and add nothing else in there or anywhere else other then your Serial Number, UUID and MLB and try again With out any other changes.

wore

AMD OS X Member
I did what you recommended, but I had to change the following two settings:
HideAuxiliary=False
AppleDebug=True
without changing that I saw just my Windows 10 boot option;
with these changes I see additionally the USB Stick and the Clear NVRAM boot options;
but I'm unable to boot, please see attached picture ...

Attachments

• 5_stuck.jpg
    5_stuck.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 8

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@wore you didn't need to change HideAuxiliary to False all you needed to do was press space at the bootpicker to reveal the Aux Options and Having Debug set to True only helps with debugging.

Im just double checking my EFI on here now for you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I just checked my EFI again to make sure and there's no problems there so the problem is on your side. What im not sure yet but im thinking bud.

Going by your setup it should just be a Matter of downloading the EFI, Adding your system smbios info and removing agdpmod=pikera from the boot args and that should be that.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

wore

AMD OS X Member
... first of all, thank you for the hint with space bar, it works fine, and I reversed the changes I made (HideAuxiliary and AppleDebug);
and yes, I created my installer step by step according to the oc 0.6.6 guide;
in the folder 'com.apple.recovery.boot' I have the BaseSystem.dmg (655420141) and the BaseSystem.chunklist (2560), this should be OK;
and I'm using your EFI, I removed agdpmod=pikera from the boot args and - of course - I added my SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, MLB and ROM ...

Attachments

• 6_stuck.jpg
    6_stuck.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.