Unable to reach Catalina's recovery

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Hello, for the first time, i try to make an hackintosh on AMD laptop, i use OpenCore and i follow Dortania's guide.
These are the characteristics of my computer : https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c06645204 (Hp Pavillon Envy x360 15-ee0002nf, 8go ram, Ryzen 5, AMD radeon graphics)

When i try to boot my usb key, I manage to reach the boot selection screen, I select EFI, there is the bug information which is displayed then nothing, the screen remains frozen. Attached is the OpenCore debug file.

Do you have some solutions?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-12-224605.txt
    256 KB · Views: 7

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortuantly AMD integrated graphics chips aren't supported in macOS.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Techincally you could but there'd be no GPU support meaning anything that requires the GPU would either not work or be slow and unresponsive.

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Techincally you could but there'd be no GPU support meaning anything that requires the GPU would either not work or be slow and unresponsive.
I juste want to use xCode and other développement tools, Do you think that's enough?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It could work. I recently tried helping another user with the 4500U CPU but it wouldn't even boot the installer. @Gigamaxx Any suggestions here?

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
It could work. I recently tried helping another user with the 4500U CPU but it wouldn't even boot the installer. @Gigamaxx Any suggestions here?
Me neither, I can only launch OpenCore, but it stops just after selecting "EFI". Besides how is it that OpenCore does not display "MacOs Catalina Recovey" (where you have to select between reset nvram, windows and openshell.efi) or a similar message as in most of the screenshot I was able to find.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Me neither, I can only launch OpenCore, but it stops just after selecting "EFI". Besides how is it that OpenCore does not display "MacOs Catalina Recovey" (where you have to select between reset nvram, windows and openshell.efi) or a similar message as in most of the screenshot I was able to find.
Boot arg. npci=0x2000
Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

I don’t see it in the log?

Last edited:

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
I think the Recovery partition is not available or visible until install is complete.

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Indeed, I had not put them in the boot args I added them "in addition to what I had (here is what is written now: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera) but that did not change anything, and I am stuck in the same place on the mistake : Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49 . Attached is the new OpenCore's debug file.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-14-214444.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Indeed, I had not put them in the boot args I added them "in addition to what I had (here is what is written now: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera) but that did not change anything, and I am stuck in the same place on the mistake : Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49 . Attached is the new OpenCore's debug file.
No one have an idea?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You don't boot the EFI option as that won't really do anything. Check the ScanPolicy setting in your config. It should be 0

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If there's an option for CSM in the BIOS then make sure it's disabled.

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Sorry for the wait, but no I don't have a csm option in my bios.

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
If there's an option for CSM in the BIOS then make sure it's disabled.
Hi, i wanna retry booting one year later, maybe some things have changed ?
To remember, just wanna use developpement tool

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Hi @jonas0206,

You can try my EFI posted here. It is the latest I’ve made that helps to boot non-macOS supported AMD Ryzen APU based systems. > https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/how-to-install-on-my-laptop-the-specs-are-below.3176/#post-22957
Hi thank you for your EFI, i will try this next week waiting for my ssd but i recently found this: https://github.com/iamthaoly/amd-laptop-hackintosh and i'm wondering if that's seem to be serious or not because the processor is very similar to mine unlike you

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi thank you for your EFI, i will try this next week waiting for my ssd but i recently found this: https://github.com/iamthaoly/amd-laptop-hackintosh and i'm wondering if that's seem to be serious or not because the processor is very similar to mine unlike you
Well you could try if you wish, but mine contains the latest updates from Shaneee and the rest of team. Plus it is designed for all setups (universal build).

But if you are to use it make sure the core count has been set under Kernel > Patches to match your CPU. Instructions for this is found over at the AMD Vanilla Patch on Github,

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Well you could try if you wish, but mine contains the latest updates from Shaneee and the rest of team. Plus it is designed for all setups (universal build).

But if you are to use it make sure the core count has been set under Kernel > Patches to match your CPU. Instructions for this is found over at the AMD Vanilla Patch on Github,
Do you think it will be good with a ryzen 5 4500U and a Radeon vega 6 integrated GPU? If so, can you send me your EFI here because I had trouble finding it (there are several and I don't know which one is the right one in the pile of files and links). thank you in advance

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.