VirtualBox causing instability

dabeeeenster

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Just installed BigSur 11.1 on a 5600X, Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming. Everything working perfectly, and system seems stable if I don't run anything on VirtualBox.

If I start up a VM in VirtualBox (to run docker-machine) I get about 10/15 mins and then a hard lock up.

Any ideas what I can do to investigate why this is happening? Or any ideas for solutions?

Thanks!
Ben

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Are you giving the VM too many resources? Try pulling back the amount of RAM and see if it's ok.

barmyman

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Just installed BigSur 11.1 on a 5600X, Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming. Everything working perfectly, and system seems stable if I don't run anything on VirtualBox.

If I start up a VM in VirtualBox (to run docker-machine) I get about 10/15 mins and then a hard lock up.

Any ideas what I can do to investigate why this is happening? Or any ideas for solutions?

Thanks!
Ben
Really, check the resources you give to you VM, cause i also run VirtualBox and docker-machine - it runs pretty smooth btw.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.