AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JanHappy2000

AMD OS X Member
Okay, now it works with Alcid=28, but I have to manually select if I want headphones or line out. Also "Internal Speakers" might be confusing.
The 2 "Line Out" entries do nothing...
Hope I could help!
x570rev1.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Okay, now it works with Alcid=28, but I have to manually select if I want headphones or line out. Also "Internal Speakers" might be confusing.
The 2 "Line Out" entries do nothing...
Hope I could help!
View attachment 2254
Ok great thank you buddy, it does help very much. :)
it has to be internal speakers as the setup as this is how a real Mac wants it and that’s what we imertate.
so just to confirm, with 29 and internal speakers is a no go for you using a pro revision 1.0?

JanHappy2000

AMD OS X Member
Just tested it again with 29.
Now it works as expected: Insert headphones and the line out is muted, remove the headphones and line out plays again.
Sorry for the confusion!
But now we know that with 28 you can leave the headphones plugged in an switch in the settings!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Just tested it again with 29.
Now it works as expected: Insert headphones and the line out is muted, remove the headphones and line out plays again.
Sorry for the confusion!
But now we know that with 28 you can leave the headphones plugged in an switch in the settings!

Phew...lol...ok thats better, my head was spinning with confusing thoughts hahahaha
er yeah 28 works too but you want it to automatically switch because again we are imitating a real Mac as closely as we can and the way it works. I’m happy now....thank you ever so much for doing a few tests with me. You the Man my Man 💪

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
That's great for a 12c processor. It's not exceptional like the low latency test is, but this is actually great news for AMD with audio.
@RyanC Hi Buddy, I have the results of test 2 and you were right. this one is a lot more demanding then the last time I did this.

I got to a total of 248 tracks with no issues but add any more and hello break up.

Hows that for you bro? :)

Not that is matters but that was still @32 samples.
That's great. It's not exceptional like the low latency test, but it confirms my suspicion that something about this Ryzens is making them extremely capable at low latencies, more so than any other processor. Given that AMD has the ability, and roadmap, to scale up to 64+ cores with zen3, it's exciting.

Still at ~20-21 tracks per core, a 5950x should pull neck and neck with the 28c mac pro for playback tracks, and completely demolish it on the low latency monitoring side. The intel nMP's can only manage around 30 space designers in series.

Man, I had a chance to grab a 5950x at microcenter and decided to wait for some dust to settle on a mobo that will work for me (I need TB3, U.2 and 10G, I have PCIe U.2 and 10G cards, but need enough slots or built in...). Now I'm wishing I would have grabbed one.

Thanks man, really appriciate it!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That's great for a 12c processor. It's not exceptional like the low latency test is, but this is actually great news for AMD with audio.

That's great. It's not exceptional like the low latency test, but it confirms my suspicion that something about this Ryzens is making them extremely capable at low latencies, more so than any other processor. Given that AMD has the ability, and roadmap, to scale up to 64+ cores with zen3, it's exciting.

Still at ~20-21 tracks per core, a 5950x should pull neck and neck with the 28c mac pro for playback tracks, and completely demolish it on the low latency monitoring side. The intel nMP's can only manage around 30 space designers in series.

Man, I had a chance to grab a 5950x at microcenter and decided to wait for some dust to settle on a mobo that will work for me (I need TB3, U.2 and 10G, I have PCIe U.2 and 10G cards, but need enough slots or built in...). Now I'm wishing I would have grabbed one.

Thanks man, really appriciate it!
Your welcome, Anytime buddy :)

I was a lucky boy with my 5900x and had mine the same time as the reviewers got theres Thanks to my job in the real world.
Now it’s next to impossible to get one or a 5950x here in the U.K.
We had a 5950x to play with too but my boss pinched it and I pinched the 5900x 💪
Mines a serious bit of fabric, my max core temp is 59c doing a long run on cinibench and my highest core hits 4975ghz. She’s golden yes she is..lol

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore EFI Update, 4th January 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here.
https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest versions.
Changes made include,
  • AppleALC 1.5.6,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.6,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.5 (Big Sur 11.1 Ready),
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • SSDT-XHC has been rewritten and is now natively correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME,

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.5 - 04/01/2021
Hello AudioGod, new CPU finally arrived, also I saw you latest EFI file and replace it with the one on my usb stick, however, after booted the computer with the stick, it showed OCB error, I searched and there was a thread here that suggest disabling the SecureBootModel in the config plist Tried it already, doesn't help, wondering if you know what happened? (I used the latest EFI foler you posted, Bios update to F31, set up Bios according to your config, entered my detail in the config plist) And here is my config plist, Thank you~Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 18.37.32.png

Attachments

• Config.plist
    47.4 KB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello AudioGod, new CPU finally arrived, also I saw you latest EFI file and replace it with the one on my usb stick, however, after booted the computer with the stick, it showed OCB error, I searched and there was a thread here that suggest disabling the SecureBootModel in the config plist Tried it already, doesn't help, wondering if you know what happened? (I used the latest EFI foler you posted, Bios update to F31, set up Bios according to your config, entered my detail in the config plist) And here is my config plist, Thank you~View attachment 2261
Have you added personal details to the EFIs Config.plist (serial number, UUID and MLB)?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
oddly, yes, I did
What board are you using?
it should just work, you just add your details to the config and then move the EFI on to your EFI
partition on your USB Key and that should be it.
Tried and tested by many now.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
What board are you using?
it should just work, you just add your details to the config and then move the EFI on to your EFI
partition on your USB Key and that should be it.
Tried and tested by many now.
Here is my board the bios I am using(screenshot), and yes, I have tested for several times, but still the same result, I am thinking if it's really the securityboot problem, maybe there should be some tweaks to be made in theconfig plist?Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 18.53.43.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Here is my board the bios I am using(screenshot), and yes, I have tested for several times, but still the same result, I am thinking if it's really the securityboot problem, maybe there should be some tweaks to be made in theconfig plist?View attachment 2263
It’s not the problem no.It’s set up right for the smbios I’m using.
I can’t find your error on the OpenCore guide but I’m trying to pin it down for you right now.
its a very odd error.
disconect all your drives and just try and boot to the instal page on the usb instal drive.
make sure you have CSM disabled in the bios and maybe even clear your bios by shorting the pins.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@ck_zheng I found your problem, it’s your windows drive.

Booting Windows error: OCB: StartImage failed - Already started. This is due to OpenCore getting confused when trying to boot Windows and accidentally thinking it's booting OpenCore. This can be avoided by either move Windows to it's own drive or adding a custom drive path under BlessOverride. See Configuration.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
It’s not the problem no.It’s set up right for the smbios I’m using.
I can’t find your error on the OpenCore guide but I’m trying to pin it down for you right now.
its a very odd error.
disconect all your drives and just try and boot to the instal page on the usb instal drive.
make sure you have CSM disabled in the bios and maybe even clear your bios by shorting the pins.
a. if I booted with the usb tick, then select the usb EFI, then it onnly showed OCB error(screenshot 1)
b. if I booted with the usb tick, then select the harddrive, then it showed OCSB and OCB error (screenshot 2)
c. if I booted without the usb, after selected the hard drive, it got stuck at apple logo.
Sigh.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 18.37.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 18.37.32.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 19.13.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 19.13.32.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
@ck_zheng I found your problem, it’s your windows drive.

Booting Windows error: OCB: StartImage failed - Already started. This is due to OpenCore getting confused when trying to boot Windows and accidentally thinking it's booting OpenCore. This can be avoided by either move Windows to it's own drive or adding a custom drive path under BlessOverride. See Configuration.

but actually I didn't install windows, there is only one OS...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
but actually I didn't install windows, there is only one OS...
Well the error is very clear according to the guide so I’m very much confused.
With no hard drive attached or ssd or NVMe and just using a bigsur install key can you not get to the first instal page?
you must be doing something very wrong over there. I wish I could figure out what was going on but I have no idea.

@Shaneee, Sorry to bother you but have you ever seen this one?
Your have to read a few posts back to get the idea buddy.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Well the error is very clear according to the guide so I’m very much confused.
With no hard drive attached or ssd or NVMe and just using a bigsur install key can you not get to the first instal page?
you must be doing something very wrong over there. I wish I could figure out what was going on but I have no idea.

@Shaneee, Sorry to bother you but have you ever seen this one?
Your have to read a few posts back to get the idea buddy.
I think your settings and EFI should not be the problem, and there might be because I switched from Clover to opencore, and didn't quite thoroughly wipe every clover items, though I did sucessfully boot with OC0.6.4 before, with ryzen5 3600 under Bios F11, and another way around that I can think of is to wipe hard drive clean and start all over.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@ck_zheng Here try this EFI I set up for you?
Stick it on your USB BigSur Instal Drive and give it a try.
Ive added your details into it for you via your config.plist
use as is.

If you can get to the first page of the instal using a USB instal key then yes your going to have to clean your drive.
You can cheat if you have a Time Machine backup and just restore it after you clean instal Big Sur.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 12

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
@ck_zheng Here try this EFI I set up for you?
Stick it on your USB BigSur Instal Drive and give it a try.
Ive added your details into it for you via your config.plist
use as is.

If you can get to the first page of the instal using a USB instal key then yes your going to have to clean your drive.
You can cheat if you have a Time Machine backup and just restore it after you clean instal Big Sur.
Thanks a lot buddy ~ But since my previous OS is Mojave, should I do any tweaks beased your EFI?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.