GPU Performance Improved

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Strange. My RX560 memory downclocks to 300Mhz but the core will only go down to 1.33Ghz. This doesn't affect thermals and the fans don't spin as you've described though. I'd assume you're using Whatevergreen? Have you tried using AGPMInjector.kext? You'll need to use the SSDT-PLUG.aml file so it'll attach to the X86PlatformPlugin though.

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
Strange. My RX560 memory downclocks to 300Mhz but the core will only go down to 1.33Ghz. This doesn't affect thermals and the fans don't spin as you've described though. I'd assume you're using Whatevergreen? Have you tried using AGPMInjector.kext? You'll need to use the SSDT-PLUG.aml file so it'll attach to the X86PlatformPlugin though.
AFAIK 1.3 is the maximum GPU speed of the RX560, so your GPU doesn't downclock at all. The exact opposite of my issue :) I didn't try AGPIMnjector as I'm switching to Intel in a few days (mainly for 100% Adobe compatibility, makes me kinda sad). I'll try then, thanks!

HoshiYamazaki

AMD OS X Member
This is considerably off topic, but has anyone been able to play games through steam? whenever I launch CSGO it black screens and crashes. Maybe I should make this a thread
The problem is, CS:Go is probably not working on Ryzens from the moment we introduced AMD kernel patches - it was working on my Athlon 640 + rx6790 rig in ~2016, but then, I used custom built AMD kernel, also for some reason it works on Threadrippers. Similar issue persists in Crossover (Wine 32on64 bit wrapper) but not sure if that's releated at all.

I tried to fix it with various workarounds from github and was not able, so...
Thread on GH: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/issues/2539

Probably these two issues should be fixed since CS:Go is major first-person shooter game and CrossOver gives you ability to run ~40-70% of Windows games.
Also since GPU problem is fixed we should utilize the additional performance in some ways ;) And because macOS gaming library without CS:Go/CrossOver is not really that big.

wongdi

AMD OS X Member
Is it possible to solve the problem of the host's power shutdown and restart caused by the Diablo III displaying the role selection list?

rx3700

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee just seeing this now (havent been around a while as my system works well): does this impact graphic performance on Windows too?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee just seeing this now (havent been around a while as my system works well): does this impact graphic performance on Windows too?

No this won't affect any other OS as it's only applying the patches to the macOS XNU kernel.

yaarthe7

AMD OS X Member
Over the past few days we’ve been looking into why the GPU performance was lower on an AMD hackintosh and narrowed it down to one patch. After many tests and reboots we can now say the issue has been solved. Patches have been updated on the AMD OS X GitHub.
routerlogin.ltd
pikashow.ltd

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Shadow of the tomb raider benchmark gives roughly the same results in Windows 11 and Monterey in both 1080p and 4k on my 5950X and Power Color 6900 XT. (roughly (Roughly 285 fps IN 1080p and roughly 70 FPS in 4K)

i can't get the game to run in 1080P mode in Ventura or more accurately the benchmark gives the same result (roughly 70 FPS) in both 4K mode and 1080P mode... and both modes look the same on my 4K LG OLED.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.