Leon_KLS' B550 Aorus Pro | Ryzen 3700x | RX 580 | Mojave 10.14.4

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I've successfully get my Ryzen's hack working (writing on it).

1606646064297.png

Here you have my config:
  • OS X Version: 10.14.4
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x + Corsair Hydro H60 (liquid refrigeration)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro (ver 1.0)
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Graphics: XFX AMD Radeon RX580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB
  • Main HDD: Toshiba RD500 NVMe SSD 1TB
  • Other HDDs: Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD + Seagate HDD 2Tb
  • LAN: RTL8125B
  • Sound: Steinberg UR22mk1
  • Other: USB original MacPro Keyboard + Logitech USB Unify attached to use my MX Anywhere.
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.4 (@Foose's one)

What's pending:
  • Haven't test all USB but, based on Foose's post, everything is working OOB (USB aren't properly mapped, I think).
  • I have an original MacBook Air 2014 Broadcom BCM94360CS2 to install, haven't received the PCIe Adapter yet.
  • My Steinberg MR816x is not working (recognized on system information on Firewire hardware but driver crashes).
  • Would like to get my processor identified and the name changed to get the proper CPU (Ryzen 7 3700x shown, maybe my audio problem would be related to the fact that it's been detected as unknown with variable GHz and not all cores working at the same time?)
Why I tried this?
Based on prices and performance, I found in this forum and Tonymac's forum, that this was a good and stable configuration to work with. I have been using my Mac Pro 1,1 for the last 7 years to produce music (Logic Pro and Cubase) and for audiovisual things (Premiere, Lightroom and Photoshop) but the performance is getting lower and lower working with the files of my Sony a7s and I want to work with Davinci and the current card did not allow it and when using playback in premiere, the computer was constantly slowing down and I had to wait 2 hours to pre-render to see the result of my modifications in the effects.​

EFI:
View attachment 1854

Regards!

Attachments

• B550 Aorus Pro EFI OC 0.6.4.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi leon _kls, i would like to know if Cubase is running on your ryzenthosh

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Hi leon _kls, i would like to know if Cubase is running on your ryzenthosh
Hi AMDPush,

I've to try it. Just finished installing OS X when posted this.
I have installed Cubase (9,5) and Logic Pro X (10.4.2) and seems to be working (no audio output from the MOBO, have to try with the UR after church today), but I'm not having any crash neither freeze on my projects for now (just playing audio without listening)

1606662399556.png

Last edited:

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Installed Davinci 16 and tested raw speed:
1606663740917.png
I will post tomorrow the results using my old MacPro.

Meanwhile... Davinci is crashing trying to start.. does anyone knows if there's something I can do to fix that?
1606663889646.png

Kind regards,

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
View attachment 1865

Meanwhile... Davinci is crashing trying to start.. does anyone knows if there's something I can do to fix that?
View attachment 1866

Kind regards,
The title of your thread in Catalina ,but you're running Mojave...

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member

FisionBoy

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 1865

View attachment 1866

Kind regards,

Try to install older version of Davinci... 16.1.0.055 is running ok in my Mojave drive.

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Try to install older version of Davinci... 16.1.0.055 is running ok in my Mojave drive.
Hi FisionBoy,

yes, this is what i did (haven't posted since last week. I'm working on Davinci now and it's amazing!

I still can't get my MR816x working on this Ryzentosh Yamaha FW Control Panel crashes as you can see below, and mr Editor doesn't find any device.

So for now I'm using my other usb interface (Steinberg ur22mki) but would like to have my MR816 as it is an 16x16 I/O and I don't like to disconnect my Guitar amp to connect my Korg M1 or vice versa to connect the Bass' DI. Do you know what could be happening?

abandon2020

AMD OS X Member
Download the attachment I provided
Replace the Davinci directory:/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries/libiomp5.dylib

Attachments

• libiomp5.dylib.zip
    520.8 KB · Views: 2

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Download the attachment I provided
Replace the Davinci directory:/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries/libiomp5.dylib
Thanks @abandon2020 I found this patch in the forum (haven't edit the first post to let you know Davinci was working).

For now, I am still struggling to get my audio card working. I have read that it may be a problem with the way AMD manages the cores (sometimes it detects 2 cores, other times 8...) and I think that this could be the cause of the Yamaha driver not working (CPU error) . Does anyone know how to make the Hacky detect the original CPU and always keep the same number of cores?

Thanks in advance

PS: Maybe this should be on the Mojave's forum as it's not a successful hackintosh at all? If some moderator considers to move it to another subforum, go ahead (and excuse me for the wrong posting)

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
Still having troubles to get my Stienberg Mr816x to work with my Ryzentosh (Mojave 10.14.6). This is the error that I get when try to open the Yamaha FW Control Panel:
1608466321774.png

Full log in the attached zip. Does somebody know why I'm getting this error? Something that I can do to fix that?
The Interface is recognized in the System Profile:
1608466721214.png

Meanwhile, I'm using my other Audio interface but I have to connect and disconnect it every time I have a church service (3 days per week) as I use this for Live performance with my MacBook Pro and MainStage to play my guitar and with the MR I don't have to disconnect my guitar to connect the piano or disconnect the Rode NTK to connect the Shure SM58 (activate and deactivate phantom etc).

Thanks in advance for helping :)

Attachments

• MR816x crash.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Got my Wifi and Bluetooth card installed and working. It's a 2014's MacBook Air card installed on a PCI-e Adapter (this one) and it's working (as USB but it's working) with AirDrop, Wifi and Bluetooth. However, I can't get it Handoff to work, any ideas?
1608743998992.png
1608743692266.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.