[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] KP on Big Sur install (first reboot)

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
EDIT: dumbass mistake, so I'll leave this here in case anyone else trips over it: I'd downloaded the wrong branch of the 17h Big Sur patches, and only spotted my mistake when I saw someone reference minkernel 20.99.99. D'uh.

I'm trying to install Big Sur Beta 10 under OC 0.6.2 (clean build of both). I had my machine running very well indeed under Beta 8, tried to update and it failed part way through multiple reboots.

This is invariably what get at the first reboot after I start installation - regardless of disabling SIP/Secure boot. I've followed the Dortania debugging guide, but nothing I'm doing seems to make a difference.

Configuration is installing to a partition on an M.2 SSD, using an EFI build that I'd put on to the installer USB, so that I can keep my stable EFI/Catalina build on a second M.2 SSD. Worked fine for Beta 8.
This is what the last two boot log entries look like:

[EB|LOG:DT] <timestamp>
[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] <timestamp>

Anyone else having this as an apparently intractable issue under OC 0.6.2?

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Up to Beta 9 macOS booted fine with SecureBootModel on Default, since Beta 10 I get an immediate crash. To boot it I had to set it to Disabled

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Up to Beta 9 macOS booted fine with SecureBootModel on Default, since Beta 10 I get an immediate crash. To boot it I had to set it to Disabled

Yep - that though was relatively easy to diagnose. I thought it might just apply to the initial install, but turns out that it needs to be disabled all the time.

varunjain16

AMD OS X Member
EDIT: dumbass mistake, so I'll leave this here in case anyone else trips over it: I'd downloaded the wrong branch of the 17h Big Sur patches, and only spotted my mistake when I saw someone reference minkernel 20.99.99. D'uh.

I'm trying to install Big Sur Beta 10 under OC 0.6.2 (clean build of both). I had my machine running very well indeed under Beta 8, tried to update and it failed part way through multiple reboots.

This is invariably what get at the first reboot after I start installation - regardless of disabling SIP/Secure boot. I've followed the Dortania debugging guide, but nothing I'm doing seems to make a difference.

Configuration is installing to a partition on an M.2 SSD, using an EFI build that I'd put on to the installer USB, so that I can keep my stable EFI/Catalina build on a second M.2 SSD. Worked fine for Beta 8.
This is what the last two boot log entries look like:

[EB|LOG:DT] <timestamp>
[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] <timestamp>

Anyone else having this as an apparently intractable issue under OC 0.6.2?

hey, can you please share the link for the 17h patches, have tried the 17h experimental Big Sur patches and also the updated ones on dortina but I keep getting the exits error.

Technomad

AMD OS X Member

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.