Big Sur Public Beta - iCloud error

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This is the message I get when trying to connect to iCloud with my Apple ID.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing in Public Beta? I believe it must be a bug.
Other than that, I can connect normally to the app store and to my apple ID. It is just the iCloud that has the problem.

And it just says "cannot communicate with server". Nothing to do with a verification error etc...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 4.32.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 4.32.05 PM.png
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 44

chandika7d

AMD OS X Member
I Have same problem. After entering the verification code the popup appears. And I tried to register but it still couldn't.

1605122656626.png

Ryzen 3600
Aorus B450I Pro Wifi
2x16GB Geil Orion AMD Edition 3000mhz oc 3600mhz
Sapphire RX 570 4GB ITX
Wifi Intel Wifi AC-9260
Opencore 0.6.3
Big Sur RC 2

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
No issues here. Did you have iCloud services like iMessage etc setup before? If not try generating new serials.

iCloud.png

qtWHL

AMD OS X Member
Hey there! Big Sur run smoothly on my machine, but I have faced the same issue. Tried generating new serials to no avail.

Would appreciate any kind of advice. Should I try generating serials using different Macs a few more times?

I used this iCloud account with Catalintosh previously on the same machine and it was working fine :(

irisbroken

AMD OS X Member
Hey there! Big Sur run smoothly on my machine, but I have faced the same issue. Tried generating new serials to no avail.

Would appreciate any kind of advice. Should I try generating serials using different Macs a few more times?

I used this iCloud account with Catalintosh previously on the same machine and it was working fine :(
I have same problem :(

tmk

AMD OS X Member
Same problem, but I have fully operating Catalina on same PC as backup solution. Didn't want to take a risk for multiple attempts.

xock

AMD OS X Member
make sure your network controller is built-in

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.