MacOS Big Sur - mouse small interrupts

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I have this problem ONLY on Big Sur, starting with RC2 and now with final version.
While moving mouse, it periodically freeze for about a half of second, and this is very annoying.
Another problem is: after restart or shuitdown, the time is decreased by two hours in BIOS.

Anybody knows something about these?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Try setting your PCIe device configuration settings to GEN4 since you have GEN4 devices and also try turning off auto on bus width configuration in the BIOS forgot what the setting is called.

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
Try setting your PCIe device configuration settings to GEN4 since you have GEN4 devices and also try turning off auto on bus width configuration in the BIOS forgot what the setting is called.
I tried and it's not working...

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
I am sorry man thats what worked for me. Try playing with your southbridge link type rather than the typical auto setting and also try setting the m.2 controllers to SATA type if you can see an option like that .

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
I am sorry man thats what worked for me. Try playing with your southbridge link type rather than the typical auto setting and also try setting the m.2 controllers to SATA type if you can see an option like that .
Hmm. Why should I put m.2 to sata? I'll lose all speed of NVME, no chance.
The main ideea is everything worked fine until the last BigSur update - RC2...

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
And why the time is delayed by two hours after restart or shutdown? This happened in all hackintosh installations I already tested.

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
And why the time is delayed by two hours after restart or shutdown? This happened in all hackintosh installations I already tested.
there is a thread somewhere i found here or on google explaining how to fix this time issue from windows 10 in the registry using regedit. As for the NVMe you are correct i switched mine back all to auto because i didnt wanna compromise speed. All works well with mine even on auto weird because before it would jitter and lag when trying to load applications.

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
I tried and it's not working...
Re-visiting this thread to remind you if you disabled you serial port from the BIOS. mine was giving me issues until I changed it to disabled.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had to set it to Gen3 in my bios (from Auto/Gen4) to make a lot of weirdness (lags, audio stutter) disappear. Also, is your mouse behaviour in the entire OS or just your browser? Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser settings. We spend so much time in the browser that it sometimes feels like it's the OS, but it's just a program.

edit Because I set my bios to Gen3 many updates ago when I built my machine, I now set it to Gen4 again to see if the weirdness returns. For now, no! So your mileage may vary with that tip. Still try the hardware acceleration though, that needs to be off in my system. edit2 Spoke too soon. :confused: I get audio dropouts on Spotify when interacting with the rest of the system. Going back!

Last edited:

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
make sure serial port is disabled in BIOS

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.