Big Sur success, sleep works on X570M Pro4 without USB mapping

martincpt

AMD OS X Member
Yes guys! Another success story. Just thought I share with you, for all of those trying to figure out how to put that goddamn machine into sleep mode.

Installing Big Sur was fairly easy. I was lazy first so I just installed the beta update right away on my Catalina hack. I figured out shortly there's more thing to do before I can install it successfully... Yes, I had to apply those tricky experimental patches and boom Big Sur installed right away.

Of course the first thing I checked was whether sleep is working or not. Well it wasn't work for me first but then I figured it out: I had to disable all those SSDTs that related to my USB mapping then sleep worked.

Which is kinda ironic because they were there to fix sleep on Catalina (that never wroked) and they were the reasons why it not worked right away on Big Sur.

So yeah, you can get sleep on Big Sur without no USB mapping at all. And overall it's awesome how easily you can update your current macOS with the official installers. Looks really promising.

However messing a day on Big Sur, I decided to roll back to Catalina. Seems like lot of apps needs updates again before they will be fully compatible. There are a lot of nice stuff on the new UI but Im not a fan of it. There are some weird design solutions which not works that well on regular Desktop usage. I think apple went too far away the rounded corners both on Big Sur, both on iOS14.

By the way, I was not able to roll back to my time machine backup from Big Sur recovery mode. I had to use Catalina installer because it just did not start for me after I choosed the destination disk. This made some chaos. I had both Big Sur and a Catalina installed on my SSD and I was able to boot both of them. Finally I manually deleted the big sur synthesized disks.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
interesting... after removed all your usb-mapping, do your all usb working properly? such as usb3 speed, type-c...etc

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Yes guys! Another success story. Just thought I share with you, for all of those trying to figure out how to put that goddamn machine into sleep mode.

Installing Big Sur was fairly easy. I was lazy first so I just installed the beta update right away on my Catalina hack. I figured out shortly there's more thing to do before I can install it successfully... Yes, I had to apply those tricky experimental patches and boom Big Sur installed right away.

Of course the first thing I checked was whether sleep is working or not. Well it wasn't work for me first but then I figured it out: I had to disable all those SSDTs that related to my USB mapping then sleep worked.

Which is kinda ironic because they were there to fix sleep on Catalina (that never wroked) and they were the reasons why it not worked right away on Big Sur.

So yeah, you can get sleep on Big Sur without no USB mapping at all. And overall it's awesome how easily you can update your current macOS with the official installers. Looks really promising.

However messing a day on Big Sur, I decided to roll back to Catalina. Seems like lot of apps needs updates again before they will be fully compatible. There are a lot of nice stuff on the new UI but Im not a fan of it. There are some weird design solutions which not works that well on regular Desktop usage. I think apple went too far away the rounded corners both on Big Sur, both on iOS14.

By the way, I was not able to roll back to my time machine backup from Big Sur recovery mode. I had to use Catalina installer because it just did not start for me after I choosed the destination disk. This made some chaos. I had both Big Sur and a Catalina installed on my SSD and I was able to boot both of them. Finally I manually deleted the big sur synthesized disks.
Very good!

I use the very same board and I can confirm since 10.5.6 sleep never worked.

would you mind posting your EFI And config?

thanks a lot

zeph016

AMD OS X Member
interesting... after removed all your usb-mapping, do your all usb working properly? such as usb3 speed, type-c...etc
In my case I didn't remove my USB mapping from Catalina and sleep works on Big Sur.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
In my case I didn't remove my USB mapping from Catalina and sleep works on Big Sur.
usb mapping of the x570M? If so, would you please share your EFI?

struggling to get Sleep working...

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.