EFI Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE | RX 5600 XT | 3700X

Vye

AMD OS X Member
Hey there I successed in the installation mate...just a BIOS update...and also added shikigva=128...

Last edited:

H4L9000

AMD OS X Member
Ok great, finally success :D

Reactions: Vye

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
@Vye I am having same garbled display issue. can you please share your full args? I am using F21 bios on aorus elite with sapphire nitro+ 5700xt.

I have followed the guide in full detail twice or more times, bios and plist settings should be fine as per documentation..

Disable
  • Fast Boot < Check
  • Secure Boot < Check
  • Serial/COM Port < can't find this in bios
  • Parallel Port< can't find this in bios
  • Compatibility Support Module < Check
Enable
  • Above 4G decoding < Check
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off < Check
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode < can't find this in bios, but I can confirm windows is booting in UEFI Mode.
  • SATA Mode: AHCI < Check
OpenCore v0.6.1 AMD Zen Sanity Check:

I have tried adding shikigva=128 to args as well as adjust resolution to fixed instead of Max. No luck yet.

Attachments

• config.plist
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200907_180224.jpg
    IMG_20200907_180224.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Vye

AMD OS X Member
this is my boot args -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 npci=0x2000 alcid=3 agdpmod=pikera shikigva=128
Let me know whether this fixes your issue...you bios is fine..
I haven't yet upgraded my OpenCore to 0.6.1 but i ll share you my config file...

Hope that fixes your issue!!

Edit: just set your XMP Profile 1 to use your full speed of your RAM...

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.2 KB · Views: 5

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
Xmp profile 1 was already there
It was stated in guide that when "Above 4G decoding" is enabled in bios, then npci=0x2000 is not required, so I skipped that. Big mistake 🤣

Also haven't seen shikigva=128 being suggested anywhere.
When I added ncpi and shikigva both, display is fixed. Still not sure if shikigva=128 is required as when I added that previously without setting ncpi, it was not working.

Adjusting resolution was not required, Max is also working for me as well as 1920x1080

Thank you @Vye 💝❤💖❤💗💕💘💓

Attachments

• IMG_20200908_220926.jpg
    IMG_20200908_220926.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Vye

AMD OS X Member

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
@Vye I am stuck at second phase of installation.
Boot from usb went fine, it installed mac os 10.15.6 taking 2 hours.
Then on next boot, I used install from macOS installer and now I am getting this error

"macOS could not be installed on your computer

An error occurred while loading installer resources"

I have tried install with
iMacPro1,1

i guess my journey still has long way to go.
P.S, Recovery from this menu does nothing, it just prints an error "OCB: Load image failed - unsupported" and switches back to this menu shown in first screenshot.

Attachments

• 15996324947232240437912502650811.jpg
    15996324947232240437912502650811.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 15996328599618592008095524471172.jpg
    15996328599618592008095524471172.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
@Vye can you please share your ssdt files (I have only one in my config "SSDT-EC.aml", generated by SSDTTime tool).
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-NVME.aml
SSDT-XHC.aml
Additionally, may be please refer me to guide, how did you come up with these ssdts?

I had 2 extra kexts, AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and NVMeFix.kext which I am going to remove from config.plist and try again, after this, Compared to your config.plist, i only have difference of ssdts.

Vye

AMD OS X Member
I will share you the EFI you can Take what ever You need....I got the SSDTs from Anti..I still learning to make the SSDTs...You may also need some Apple brcm kexts to enable the WiFi and Bluetooth stuff. Please search for similar motherbord like you they could help you in finding the kexts for your Wireless devices...

Also make your own research before using my USB Mapping that is SSDT-XHC.aml file...you can map your USB yourself if you need...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 35

jthunternz

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey

I have the Same Motherboard and processor as like you..but with rx5700xt..
I would like to know how long the Motherboard will take to boot...I am stuck at #Log : Exitbd:Start..I would like to get the EFI Folder structure for your Hack.

If you Had encountered any similar error...Give me a tip to solve it.

Thanks..
Hi,
let me know if you get it working as we have the same CPU, GPU and mobo.
I haven't tried installing yet

OS.Ryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Cool to see everyone trying to help each other :)

I was curious, maybe my MSI GPU is not supported? Or do I have to do some more work to make it run?

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
@Vye Bundle of thanks for sharing your EFI and support :love: ♥.
I was able to boot, install and completed the mac os set up today.

I had a funny issue after getting into Mac. When I setup my user, I did not entered my apple id, and just created a new user, Mac OS requires you to provide password twice. After login, mac is not not accepting my password as valid password anymore :eek:, even though I used the frequent used password on mac os, it refused to accept that :mad:.

Don't know if they is known issue or something I might have done, even though I just got inside mac and can say for sure I have not forgot my password that I just provided when creating user 😆 😅

I have tried multiple ways to recover that account just created, including booting into recovery mode -> terminal -> resetpassword, which says no recoverable system is found, and from terminal there I tried to look into my mac volume and /etc/passwd file there, can't see my username in that file.

On to the installation one more time 😂 🤣 😂

Vye

AMD OS X Member
Happy to see you guys with successful RyzenTosh;):cool:

Next Stop is BigSur:LOL:

kamus

AMD OS X Member
[/QUOTE]
@Vye I am stuck at second phase of installation.
Boot from usb went fine, it installed mac os 10.15.6 taking 2 hours.
Then on next boot, I used install from macOS installer and now I am getting this error

"macOS could not be installed on your computer

An error occurred while loading installer resources"

I have tried install with
iMacPro1,1

i guess my journey still has long way to go.
P.S, Recovery from this menu does nothing, it just prints an error "OCB: Load image failed - unsupported" and switches back to this menu shown in first screenshot.

Hello @sajidalimudassar I have exactly the same problem, can you share with me your solution please, this is the first time I tried Hackintosh .Thanks in advance

sajidalimudassar

AMD OS X Member
@kamus I ended up using the EFI file provided by vye above, and that helped my overcome the issue I was having.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Boot time is rather slow for such capable hardware to be honest (using WD Black SN750 1TB). But since POST is already taking ages and I only boot once a day it does not matter much to me.
After POST it maybe takes 10 seconds until the login screen is displayed.

If you want to copy other peoples work, try it with this one - same config basically. https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9805&
haha 10 seconds, mine takes around 30:/
how long does it take to post?

H4L9000

AMD OS X Member
haha 10 seconds, mine takes around 30:/
how long does it take to post?
Hm, maybe 15 seconds - it also varies a bit depending on the UEFI version.
I think with the last update it even got a bit slower.
But not a big deal, time to get a coffee then my machine is at the login screen - fine for me :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
😂😂😂 The more you have installed app wise consuming the cache the longer the boot time.
A great example of this is to do a fresh instal and then restore a TM backup and after it’s done do nothing else but restart the system and time the boot time. Then go back into macOS and open up each and every app 1 by 1 (close them after it’s loaded) that was installed via the backup and then restart your system again and time the boot time. Lesson here is the more that’s installed the longer the boot takes But don’t take me word for it and just test out what I say for yourself. 👍🔥
Xcode is a app that will slow your boot time a lot too, maybe more then any other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.