Big Sur Beta 3

FatDad

AMD OS X Member
I was able to update my Big Sur build from beta 2 to beta 3 straight thru the system update. From what I can tell nothing broke in regards to my ryzenthosh build. It is a cleaner more stable build as well. The only issue I have is that when booting in opencore, my Mac drive now reads “preboot” instead of “MacOS”.

parorisim

AMD OS X Member
I was able to update my Big Sur build from beta 2 to beta 3 straight thru the system update. From what I can tell nothing broke in regards to my ryzenthosh build. It is a cleaner more stable build as well. The only issue I have is that when booting in opencore, my Mac drive now reads “preboot” instead of “MacOS”.
Could you please share your EFI folder?
I tried update beta 2 to beta 3 but stuck at "virtual ioreturn ionvmecontroller" even a fresh install from USB.
One strange thing is that I can install beta 2 with no problem.

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member
not working macOS beta 3 my pc main ASUS X570 CSM Pro + CPU Ryzen 3600

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Worked for me by just clicking on update, from the Software Update menu in Settings.
While updating, it hangs for a while (maybe 2 or 3 min) at Forcing CS_RUNTIME, but then it continues and restarts twice and boom, finished.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 17.50.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 17.50.46.png
    144 KB · Views: 53

FatDad

AMD OS X Member
I don’t know about you guys, but my system is sleeping and everything. I even have handoff working, which is said to be broken in Big Sur. The only thing I have not treated is side car since I currently don’t have an iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
Good afternoon everyone. I have a problem with beta 3. With beta 1 and 2 I never had problems. With beta 3 the problem is that after all the installation without any error but when copying my EFI folder to the SSD and restarting, my screen after the apple logo goes black. I have used several EFIs made by me from dortania and even @FatDad's but all the same.

FatDad

AMD OS X Member
Good afternoon everyone. I have a problem with beta 3. With beta 1 and 2 I never had problems. With beta 3 the problem is that after all the installation without any error but when copying my EFI folder to the SSD and restarting, my screen after the apple logo goes black. I have used several EFIs made by me from dortania and even @FatDad's but all the same.
I'm updating now. Will keep you posted if I run into the same problem, or if I'm able to boot.

FatDad

AMD OS X Member
Just installed the latest beta with no issues. Didn't even touch my EFI folder. Everything still works.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.18.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.18.32 AM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 27

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
nothing. I just reinstalled with your EFI and the same happens to me with the others. The installation completes without problems then the configuration without problem. But once the big sur desktop comes out, I copy the EFI folder from the usb to the SSD and rebooting no longer works. Never had something so strange happened to me. I have changed DP to HDMI and the same. Turn on, you see the apple logo and then the screen goes black but I do hear things.

FatDad

AMD OS X Member
nothing. I just reinstalled with your EFI and the same happens to me with the others. The installation completes without problems then the configuration without problem. But once the big sur desktop comes out, I copy the EFI folder from the usb to the SSD and rebooting no longer works. Never had something so strange happened to me. I have changed DP to HDMI and the same. Turn on, you see the apple logo and then the screen goes black but I do hear things.

What video card do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
I have never had problems with Catalina's operating system. Not with big sur beta 1 and 2. It only happens to me with 3. Even the strangest thing is that once I reboot after transferring the Efi folder from the pendrive to the ssd, it does not start up again even using the pendrive. I have the sapphire Radeon rx 5700 xt nitro plus

Nikotetfe

AMD OS X Member
Good afternoon mates. I already found the problem. And it was that the serial port was activated in the BIOS. I updated the bios a few days ago and I activated that option. Everything already works correctly. Upgrade to beta 4 and everything is perfect.

Very Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.08.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.08.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.21.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.21.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.40.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 14.04.40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.