Some of the waves plugins are crashing [Logic Pro X]

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
It should work if they are AU, try changing the string with Ableton directory inside Ableton pckg; instead of logic one.
Problem with Waves on AMD hack is that waves central doesn't recognize main drive and you get stuck to "please restart or contact support", you can still install V10 tho
I have tried running the seperate waves apps, but they crash just like Avenger:

command to try: MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Waves/Applications\ V11/CODEX.app/Contents/MacOS/CODEX

_intel_fast_memset errors all over the place

@Shaneee Theoretically, is this something that could be patched in OpenCore or via a kext? Like the Adobe patches, is this not something that can be fixed on a higher level?

Last edited:

djmartain

AMD OS X Member

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
I'm totally clueless, hope shanee can help us
I tried everything but nothing works

Same boat. If this does not get fixed, i’m ditching osx all together and starting fresh on windows 10. Sucks i bought this hardware for osx and now i cannot get it to work as an audio workstation which renders it useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djmartain

AMD OS X Member

Deleted member 862

AMD OS X Member
I read everything but unfortunately I am not that good with that stuff :(
I'm good and intuitive but when it comes to these things I'm quite clueless. If we manage to simulate this we could update finally waves and use avenger. I hope someone could help us
Also, if anyone knows how to use 32lives with AMD would be just perfect

Deleted member 862

AMD OS X Member
Maybe i am stupid but I downloaded the patch included in the linked post, there is also a 30 pages guide but not a section saying how to install it

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
Maybe i am stupid but I downloaded the patch included in the linked post, there is also a 30 pages guide but not a section saying how to install it
That patch is not ready, it is a code example of how it could be fixed. But it will still need to be developed into a kext or patch for opencore.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not entirely sure how we could integrate this I'm afraid.

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
We gotta find a way to install new waves, just that
The rest we'll deal with it
Installing goes fine, but if the plugs don't work, there is no point :)

Deleted member 862

AMD OS X Member
Did you try latest version of Waves Central? How could you pass: please restart or contact support if it repeats?
With the provided code they all work for me but It would be useful to update them for bug fixes and so on

paparotto

AMD OS X Member
Sorry shanee I'd be interested in this too
VPS avenger doesn't work for me, i think it needs some sort of Intel something
Nexus 32 bit doesn't work using 32 lives and id like to know if there is any way in the world to make it work
Waves plugins can't install from installer (latest version) it says to contact the developer because i noticed main drive is not recognized
If u could help would be awesome thanks a lot
I read everything but unfortunately I am not that good with that stuff :(
I'm good and intuitive but when it comes to these things I'm quite clueless. If we manage to simulate this we could update finally waves and use avenger. I hope someone could help us
Also, if anyone knows how to use 32lives with AMD would be just perfect
32Lives does not work with Ryzentosh ??

djmartain

AMD OS X Member

paparotto

AMD OS X Member
Nope, since catalina is 64bit only

Did u tested it on Mojave ??

On Mojave I tried to make Sylenth1 2.2.1 work trough 32 Lives but no success... :/
I Want to know if 32 Lives work on AMD Hackintosh ... (Mojave and Earlier)

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
Did u tested it on Mojave ??

On Mojave I tried to make Sylenth1 2.2.1 work trough 32 Lives but no success... :/
I Want to know if 32 Lives work on AMD Hackintosh ... (Mojave and Earlier)

No because my gpu only works from catalina up :(

paparotto

AMD OS X Member
No because my gpu only works from catalina up :(

:(

I reinstalled Mojave today because i buy a new NVME. I just tried before ressurrect only Sylenth1, i will try others plugins and i let you know if Lives 32 work with AMD !!

thanks for your attention and sorry my bad english, i’m from Brazil :)

Deleted member 862

AMD OS X Member
32lives doesn't work, in anyway it crashes even on High Sierra cause Ryzen doesn't work with 32bit, don't wste your time. You can install new Waves but you have to modify your Lan with kext to have ethernet built in but they crash due to AMD intelmemset, I managed to validate them all on Logic but they randomly crash when you're working on a project

paparotto

AMD OS X Member
32lives doesn't work, in anyway it crashes even on High Sierra cause Ryzen doesn't work with 32bit, don't wste your time. You can install new Waves but you have to modify your Lan with kext to have ethernet built in but they crash due to AMD intelmemset, I managed to validate them all on Logic but they randomly crash when you're working on a project
Thanks for your feedback Danny !!

Jesinth

AMD OS X Member
Try launching Logic Pro X from Terminal with this command,

Code:
MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic\ Pro\ X
how to launch the application directly with code instead by launching through terminal

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.