Audio works but Mic not - AppleALC

Luizmps

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

This is my first time doing a hackintosh, I believe I was able to install everything right, however I am unable to use my microphone, although they are detected it does not capture sounds.
i`m using the last AppleALC, that have suport for my motherboard audio codec, i used all alcid but my mic is still not working.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 18.54.12.png

Sorry for my English, I'm still learning.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
GPU: RX 570 4GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Bootloader: OpenCore

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

This is my first time doing a hackintosh, I believe I was able to install everything right, however I am unable to use my microphone, although they are detected it does not capture sounds.
i`m using the last AppleALC, that have suport for my motherboard audio codec, i used all alcid but my mic is still not working.

View attachment 770

As far as i understand. The mic never works with our amd motherboards. I could be wrong. But i have a USB Focusrite XLR mic so i dont need the one on the back of the computer.

paparotto

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

View attachment 770

Hi Friend,

Unfortunately the microphone doesn't work at all! The only solution for me was to migrate to VoodooHDA!

davidfrei7as

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

View attachment 770

Hi, Luiz! I have the same motherboard, ryzen 5 2400g, and RX 560 4 GB. Could you please share your efi folder?!

elixir

AMD OS X Member
what is the "codec id" of your audio device?

example below to know the base10 codec id
vendor = realtek
codec id (hexa) = 0x10EC0256
codec id (base10) = 283902550 (your is different)

once you know your codec id (base10)

open the appleALC.kext by right clicking on it.
open info.plist (using your desired plist editor)
command+F to toggle "find" then enter your codec id (base10)
inside probably you will see many entries for your ALC887
select your layout-id's

trial and error:
1. select each layout-id (codec id in base10) and add in boot-args (alcid=xx) reboot and check "mic'' if working, note: xx is your layout=id number selected
2. if not working, then try another layout-id's, reboot and check mic, you have to do this on each layout-ids to check which layout having a working mic for your mobo
3. if all fails (mic not working) then only you have 1 option left, to use the VoodooHDA.kext

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.