I might attempt to get the new mac os running on ryzen

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
I've spend the last few days trying and its not been good. I can't get the installer to boot.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Big Sur installer won't boot. A VM or real Mac must be used for now.

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
Big Sur installer won't boot. A VM or real Mac must be used for now.

I was trying the Virtualbox method with the raw linked VMDKs. It starts booting the installer iso and then hangs.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

xr.shadowz

AMD OS X Member
a bigger challenge is doing it in a laptop (I am broke currently so I have to wait until I have money to make one)

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
I was trying the Virtualbox method with the raw linked VMDKs. It starts booting the installer iso and then hangs.
anyone please just explain how can I install directly install Big Sur to my ssd using virtual box???I have all of my efi ready for continuing but am unable to understand how to install directly on my ssd as only virtual hard drive is being shown in the disk utility page!!!

xr.shadowz

AMD OS X Member
can someone get me the installer file as I am lazy to go in my Catalina Hackintosh

xr.shadowz

AMD OS X Member
for more info check the website where i found the source: # Removed Link #

Last edited by a moderator:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I would not recommend using a dmg from an unknown party, you never know what malware might be pre-loaded...

xr.shadowz

AMD OS X Member
I would not recommend using a dmg from an unknown party, you never know what malware might be pre-loaded...
I downloaded the amd Catalina on their website and there is no malware. I have been using for a while and no issues

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

I went through the process.
But at startup I get a "Still waiting root device" message.
Does anyone have an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.