Re: Increase stability tips? 3900X build

ksxi

AMD OS X Member
Hi, just seen that theres a new forum, looks good!

Just gonna post this topic here too.

-ORIGINAL TOPIC-

Hi all,

I've successfully installed MacOS onto my Ryzen system, got wifi & bluetooth working and all that good stuff

Whilst using it today, I've noticed a lot of stability issues:

Frequent short freezes of system, no matter what I'm doing, the screen will freeze for maybe .5 seconds and then will catch up with anything I was doing (like moving mouse, etc)
Bluetooth will sometimes completely disconnect my MX Master mouse (not sure if this is related to the first issue)

USB Audio Interface, constant static noise coming through speakers( quiet but still there) and sometimes completely freezes, not letting me output audio.

My SMBios is set up as MacPro7,1 if that is a factor for anything lol

Attached is a screenshot of my Kext folder and a copy of my config.plist
Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 21.23.51.png
If anyone could help, that would be amazing!

Thank you all

-- Attached is my full EFI folder, thanks

Attachments

• EFI_ksxi.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Please test this on a USB drive to boot macOS first to make sure there are no issues.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 20

ksxi

AMD OS X Member
Please test this on a USB drive to boot macOS first to make sure there are no issues.
Hi Shaneee,
I just tried it and it works much much better, still a few micro freezes here and there, but barely noticeable.
The only thing now is something someone mentioned on the thread (in the old forum) about USB Power Fix.

My audio interface is being picked up, but no sound.
I have it connected over a usb extender cable and I found that when I connect the interface direct into the pc, it works perfectly. but not at all over the extender.
This isn't an issue in Windows and I have to use an extender due to my set up.

Is there anything to help here?

Thank you for your help so far

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Even with the EFI I sent? I included the X570 USB SSDT. Was hoping that would sort any issues with audio. Unless you interface has a DAC built in which could cause the issues.

ksxi

AMD OS X Member
Even with the EFI I sent? I included the X570 USB SSDT. Was hoping that would sort any issues with audio. Unless you interface has a DAC built in which could cause the issues.
I'm using an M-Audio M-Track 2X2 USB Interface. There are drivers required for Windows but it's just Plug and Play on MacOS. The sound not coming out at all. Of course I've changed the settings in Sys Prefs.

No idea why, I'm currently experiencing issues with it in Windows at the moment so once I get those sorted, I'll let you know, maybe it's a hardware issue with my interface.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

ksxi

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Shaneee just an update, I've not been able to get the audio drivers to work properly and I still encounter some micro freezes, but deffo not as much as before.

I have DM'd you a link to a video of the audio issue on my system.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.