[Success] Ryzen 5 2600 + RX5700xt, OC 0.59 Catalina 10.5.5

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This is an update to this build. I changed the GPU from rx590 to rx5700xt. I renamed my project to "Project Blue" due to the blue fans I added. Let me know if you like it. :)

So the new details are the following:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: Asrock B450m hdv r4.0
Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB DDR4-2667MHz
Gpu: MSI RX 5700 XT 8gb MECH OC
Psu: Be-quiet 600watt
Wifi Card: PCIe Archer T6E
Coolling: Corsair H61
Storage: SSD 240 Kingston + SSD 240 Toshiba + HDD 1TB
Pc Box: Armageddon Infineon 1000

Dual boot windows10 and macOS Catalina 10.15.5. Each one installed in separate SSD.

Opencore 0.59

Everything is working fine. GPU, Wifi, USB ports, even the temp and fan sensors etc.
The only minor problem I have is that some times I experience a small lag on the mouse cursor. I did not have this problem with the RX590. Anyone can offer a solution to this...? It seems to be a common problem for VEGA and 5700 owners.

Link to my EFI

Attachments

• 20200619_171446.jpg
    20200619_171446.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200619_171538.jpg
    20200619_171538.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200619_171558.jpg
    20200619_171558.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • Στιγμιότυπο 2020-06-19, 5.24.00 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2020-06-19, 5.24.00 μμ.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 33

jmej88

AMD OS X Member
Hey any chance you could share with me your BIOS settings, I have the same MOBO as you and I'm still trying tog et my machine stable

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey any chance you could share with me your BIOS settings, I have the same MOBO as you and I'm still trying tog et my machine stable

Nothing major. Everything is set to default apart from:

CSM which is set to off (so as to use uefi only and have better screen analysis (1080p) when booting).
4g Encoding set to disable (because I use the npci=0x2000 boot argument).

Other than that I only changed the speed of the cpu fan and chassis fan but that's up to personal preference.

jmej88

AMD OS X Member
Nothing major. Everything is set to default apart from:

CSM which is set to off (so as to use uefi only and have better screen analysis (1080p) when booting).
4g Encoding set to disable (because I use the npci=0x2000 boot argument).

Other than that I only changed the speed of the cpu fan and chassis fan but that's up to personal preference.

That’s so strange, I’ve loaded optimised defaults and using the same boot args and everything works fine apart from my USB 2.0 ports. I’ve been trying to get it working all day yesterday with no success.
Did you use Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer to map out your USB ports? On both Hacktintool and IOReg, I find two controllers: XHC0 and PTXH. XHC0 being my USB 3.0 ports on the back, and the PTXH having the front USB 3.0 port.

im so stuck on why my USB 2.0 aren’t working, it provides power to my USB devices when I plug them in, but there just aren’t recognised by MacOS.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That’s so strange, I’ve loaded optimised defaults and using the same boot args and everything works fine apart from my USB 2.0 ports. I’ve been trying to get it working all day yesterday with no success.
Did you use Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer to map out your USB ports? On both Hacktintool and IOReg, I find two controllers: XHC0 and PTXH. XHC0 being my USB 3.0 ports on the back, and the PTXH having the front USB 3.0 port.

im so stuck on why my USB 2.0 aren’t working, it provides power to my USB devices when I plug them in, but there just aren’t recognised by MacOS.

I had the same problem. Just download from this link the AMD-USB-Map.kext and place it inside the EFI/OC/Kexts folder. No need to make any changes or new mapping. Just place it in the kexts folder. It works great for our Mobos.

Then via propertree take an OC snapshot, save and reboot.The USB2 ports will be working after reboot.

jmej88

AMD OS X Member
I had the same problem. Just download from this link the AMD-USB-Map.kext and place it inside the EFI/OC/Kexts folder. No need to make any changes or new mapping. Just place it in the kexts folder. It works great for our Mobos.

Then via propertree take an OC snapshot, save and reboot.The USB2 ports will be working after reboot.
You’re a hero. Everything works, just added my own Kexts for Bluetooth. AirDrop works which is all I need for my photography workflow

deagle311

AMD OS X Member
Wow, that rig looks amazing. I am new to building Hackintosh, I am in the research phase, doing a lot of learning. I would like to know how you got the wifi working..Did It work OOB? Or you had to do some work ? Also, what about Bluetooth.. does it work ?

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Wow, that rig looks amazing. I am new to building Hackintosh, I am in the research phase, doing a lot of learning. I would like to know how you got the wifi working..Did It work OOB? Or you had to do some work ? Also, what about Bluetooth.. does it work ?

Thank you for your kind words.
To make wifi and bluetooth work you need to do your research first and buy a wifi card that is macOS friendly. This is what I did for my wifi and all I had to do was add the appropriate kext (brcmfixup in my case) and it works great.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@deagle311 Depends on what you need, most X570/B550 boards have Intel AX200 which can run Wifi with https://github.com/zxystd/itlwm
But since that is implemented as an ethernet interface you don't have AirDrop support. If you really depend on Wifi you'd have to replace/deactivate integrated Wifi module and go with a supported one.

deagle311

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your kind words.
To make wifi and bluetooth work you need to do your research first and buy a wifi card that is macOS friendly. This is what I did for my wifi and all I had to do was add the appropriate kext (brcmfixup in my case) and it works great.
Can you please share the link of the WiFi card you used.
Thanks.

deagle311

AMD OS X Member
@deagle311 Depends on what you need, most X570/B550 boards have Intel AX200 which can run Wifi with https://github.com/zxystd/itlwm
But since that is implemented as an ethernet interface you don't have AirDrop support. If you really depend on Wifi you'd have to replace/deactivate integrated Wifi module and go with a supported one.
Awesome, what about Bluetooth ?

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can you please share the link of the WiFi card you used.
Thanks.

PCIe TP-Link Archer T6E

deagle311

AMD OS X Member

What does OC snapshot mean ?

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What does OC snapshot mean ?

Have you watched any of the youtube guides? OC Snapsot is the way to update your config.plist when you make changes (add kexts etc.)

deagle311

AMD OS X Member
Have you watched any of the youtube guides? OC Snapsot is the way to update your config.plist when you make changes (add kexts etc.)
Oh yes I know this process..I have been watching lots of YouTube videos and reading vanilla guide.. also I don't have a PC now. I am going to get one just for hackintosh..so I am reading and trying to understand everything. So sometimes I would have seen the process, but then, I would have forgot the name of the process.. same case here.. thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.