Problem with my 1st Hackintosh

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I seem to have a problem with my wi-fi and bluetooth. I cannot seem to activate either of them. Although the system picks up my Bluetooth keyboard, it is not enabling bluetooth and I cannot seem to enable wi-fi either. I was just looking at a video that had me download a intel wi-fi fix, but that did not help, even though it is added to the config.plist

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I seem to have a problem with my wi-fi and bluetooth. I cannot seem to activate either of them. Although the system picks up my Bluetooth keyboard, it is not enabling bluetooth and I cannot seem to enable wi-fi either. I was just looking at a video that had me download a intel wi-fi fix, but that did not help, even though it is added to the config.plist
@DancingShinryu,

If you are using Monterey under Intel wireless, I'd suggest to try to use Airportitlwm.kext stable version 2.1.0 or greater.

For WiFi and Bluetooth you only need 2 files enabled: Bluetoothfixup.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext. However you'll need the latest versions,
downloaded from here > https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases
and here > https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases/tag/v2.1.0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The keyboard assistant asks you to press the key next to the Shift button on the left hand side of the keyboard. On a UK keyboard that is the \ key. This is so macOS can set the correct keyboard type. MacOS recognises 3 x keyboard types.

If you setup OpenCore for multi booting, you should be able to select the OS you want to boot from the OC boot screen.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I included within the last EFI I provided.
  1. AirportItlwm.kext v 2.1.0, (Monterey version)
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext v 2.6.1 and
  3. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v 2.1.0
So they should work.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I included within the last EFI I provided.
  1. AirportItlwm.kext v 2.1.0, (Monterey version)
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext v 2.6.1 and
  3. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v 2.1.0
So they should work.
I apologise. There was so many added EFI in replies, I got lost. I added the missing kexts and added them to the config file. It has had an effect but as to how much, I can’t say properly. My home internet has just started going crazy just when I needed it. Speeds dropping to 5 mbps then jumping back up to 250 mbps. I was able to connect to my home wifi, though getting safari to load took forever and as it is 2 am here, I thought I’d check in the morning and hoping my internet is stable again.

As for the Bluetooth, it is now able to be turned on, though it is not detecting anything and there is many devices that are broadcasting in my home. So I’m suspecting an issue still needs resolving. As for the keyboard assistant, I found that there was a setting that prompted that to show up if no mouse or keyboard was detected. As I was using my USB cabled keyboard and mouse for the install, it didn’t detect it straight away. I initially thought it was detecting my Logitech keyboard.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The keyboard assistant asks you to press the key next to the Shift button on the left hand side of the keyboard. On a UK keyboard that is the \ key. This is so macOS can set the correct keyboard type. MacOS recognises 3 x keyboard types.

If you setup OpenCore for multi booting, you should be able to select the OS you want to boot from the OC boot screen.
I am able to boot from either in a very easy way. I am still having an issue with the Bluetooth though. Even though I can turn it on, it does not detect anything.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
The internet is great for a random period of time. Sometimes I can get 30 minutes of internet, then for some reason, it just dies. It is still connected but the web browser won’t load anything anymore. The only fox I found was to do a restart. I thought it was my home internet yo begin with, but I’m still getting a minimum of 40 mbps, so even a slower speed, the browser shouldn’t take several minutes to load. When I see the browser taking forever to load, I’ve just rebooted, because the last time I allowed to wait, I waited for 8 minutes and it didn’t load. I will be researching this problem, but I’m thinking if I should start a new topic based on the internet and Bluetooth issues ?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
The internet is great for a random period of time. Sometimes I can get 30 minutes of internet, then for some reason, it just dies. It is still connected but the web browser won’t load anything anymore. The only fox I found was to do a restart. I thought it was my home internet yo begin with, but I’m still getting a minimum of 40 mbps, so even a slower speed, the browser shouldn’t take several minutes to load. When I see the browser taking forever to load, I’ve just rebooted, because the last time I allowed to wait, I waited for 8 minutes and it didn’t load. I will be researching this problem, but I’m thinking if I should start a new topic based on the internet and Bluetooth issues ?
I believe it may be an issue currently with Monterey (regarding your Intel LAN)

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I believe it may be an issue currently with Monterey (regarding your Intel LAN)
Thank you for confirming this. I have been reading up on some of the issues. The good thing is, I have 2 available wifi/bt cards I can install. The question is, if it is worth doing? I had tried removing the Wi-Fi nexts and it seemed to allow my Ethernet port take priority and allow it a good speed. Somehow adding the Wi-Fi kexks really slow the Ethernet down, so maybe I should just disable the wifi ones and keep it running through Ethernet.

Is this also affecting the BT?

Is it possible to download an earlier version of Monterey or is this affecting all Monterey ? Sorry, I’m still new to Hackintosh, so I don’t know how the versions work. Thx

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for confirming this. I have been reading up on some of the issues. The good thing is, I have 2 available wifi/bt cards I can install. The question is, if it is worth doing? I had tried removing the Wi-Fi nexts and it seemed to allow my Ethernet port take priority and allow it a good speed. Somehow adding the Wi-Fi kexks really slow the Ethernet down, so maybe I should just disable the wifi ones and keep it running through Ethernet.

Is this also affecting the BT?

Is it possible to download an earlier version of Monterey or is this affecting all Monterey ? Sorry, I’m still new to Hackintosh, so I don’t know how the versions work. Thx
Okay glad you understand about the issue. As to installing the cards, well I guess it is your choice. Some people have said Fenvi branded WiFi cards tend to work better. But on my other systems Intel AX210 WiFi is mostly working fine. Btw you only need to install one WiFi kext (Airportitlwm or itlwm) not both.

As for affecting the BT yes that is possible. But an update of the kext could still be key. There are likely upcoming updates for the Intel Bluetooth. Same goes for the BRCM patches.

As for installing Monterey you could try using an earlier version via the gibMacOS installer.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Okay glad you understand about the issue. As to installing the cards, well I guess it is your choice. Some people have said Fenvi branded WiFi cards tend to work better. But on my other systems Intel AX210 WiFi is mostly working fine. Btw you only need to install one WiFi kext (Airportitlwm or itlwm) not both.

As for affecting the BT yes that is possible. But an update of the kext could still be key. There are likely upcoming updates for the Intel Bluetooth. Same goes for the BRCM patches.

As for installing Monterey you could try using an earlier version via the gibMacOS installer.
I did try installing Big Sur onto another hard drive to see how that would be, but I appear to get stuck with a non responsive screen and then I need to reboot, which then begins an the install all over again. Is it ok to be using the previous supplied EFI for Big Sur.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
In that case try and have a look at my B550 build here, it should work also for Big Sur > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-5900x-rx550-samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/
I am currently trying to download the full install file for Monterey 13. There does not appear to be a full install option for it. I also tried looking for Big Sur in the list, that also isn't there. I am seeking the full install, as I have never created a USB install that uses gibMacOS files. I can find lots of instruction as to how to create the usb from a full install file, but not from a file that doesn't. As I am using my windows PC, it is causing some complications. Can you please direct me to a guide where I can create the Monterey or Big Sur install onto USB. I continue hitting an issue during the install where my screen goes black and unresponsive, causing me to reboot, then it just wants to run through the install all over again.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I am currently trying to download the full install file for Monterey 13. There does not appear to be a full install option for it. I also tried looking for Big Sur in the list, that also isn't there. I am seeking the full install, as I have never created a USB install that uses gibMacOS files. I can find lots of instruction as to how to create the usb from a full install file, but not from a file that doesn't. As I am using my windows PC, it is causing some complications. Can you please direct me to a guide where I can create the Monterey or Big Sur install onto USB. I continue hitting an issue during the install where my screen goes black and unresponsive, causing me to reboot, then it just wants to run through the install all over again.
Have you tried to use the macrecovery macOS download utility that comes with the Opencore release?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
As for creating a workable USB, my best suggestion is to literally use the EFI from my guide as that is already working for both Monterey and Big Sur on Ryzen boards. You only need to adjust for the no. of cores used in your system and whatever your GPU device properties are.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
As for creating a workable USB, my best suggestion is to literally use the EFI from my guide as that is already working for both Monterey and Big Sur on Ryzen boards. You only need to adjust for the no. of cores used in your system and whatever your GPU device properties are.
I’m installing Big Sur now with the latest download version that is on the open core website. I ran into some problems, but I found the culprit. I forgot that I needed to put the SmallTree kext back in and remove the other for the internet connection to work. I should know within the next 30 minute to an hour if it’s working. Hopefully I won’t get that unresponsive black screen.

Last edited:

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I believe the black screen I’m seeing is from a failed boot into the installer. It’s only a guess. I’ve rebooted back into the installer and it’s showing 29 minutes remaining.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman i am stuck at that “one minute remaining issue again” I might need to download Big Sur again and try it again.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman i am stuck at that “one minute remaining issue again” I might need to download Big Sur again and try it again.
I let it run overnight and it resolved. Big Sur is now installed. I haven’t checked Wi-Fi or BT yet. I will be in approx 1 hour.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Wi-Fi is able to be toggled, but scanning networks does not show any results. The BT is also enabled but no scanning either. I’m suspecting this issue might be because I am using the onboard wifi and BT. I’m able to get Ethernet, but haven’t seen yet if it does out after a little while. I’m going to check the previous posts and add what I was advised to with Monterey and see if it fixes the issue. If not that, then I’m going to add one of my wifi cards and see if that has any impact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.