AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

MonsterMunchkin

AMD OS X Member
Does your Ethernet connection works? mine dont I have both the latest kexts for ethernet but it's not working can you help? I also have Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller and I'm running 0.8.0 Opencore

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Does your Ethernet connection works? mine dont I have both the latest kexts for ethernet but it's not working can you help? I also have Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller and I'm running 0.8.0 Opencore
Goodnight!

First, what is your motherboard? processor ?

Are you using my EFI?

thisisgm

AMD OS X Member
Is anyone else having issues with USB 2.0 devices on USB 3.0 ports? If I use my mouse on an USB 3.0 port it stutters, same with my USB 2.0 DAC, it only happens with the ports on my motherboard but not on my 2.0 front panel ports. I also have an X570-E btw and I'm using the map by Ezaul.

Edit: Solved it by disabling the companion USB 3.0 port on USBToolBox and building a legacy kext as I noticed these EFI's usb map use AppleMergeNub instead of Apple...Properties. All lag is gone, did the same for my Apogee Duet (also USB 2.0), hope this helps anyone having this issue!

Last edited:

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI Update, February 8th, 2022

The EFI works with MacOS 12.3 Beta 1,2 & 3 on BIOS 4203 and includes Linux.

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
  • WhateverGreen
  • VirtualSMC
  • RestrictEvents
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.3 Compatible,
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
NVMeFix was removed due to the stability issue with macOS Monterey 12.3 beta 1 & 2.

Note 1 -
If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working in macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

Note 4 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Big thanks to AudioGod, Shaneee & Ezual!

Hi thanks for your contribution, I based on your configuration for my case

I got everything to work except bluetooth, by default it recognizes the BCM_4350C2 model, so I want to ask you if any part of your configuration is configured? I already tried to correct it without success.

Motherboard: Asus x570 crosshair viii dark hero wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and Bluetooth

Unfortunately my AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card is not supported.

1652213473332.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hi thanks for your contribution, I based on your configuration for my case

I got everything to work except bluetooth, by default it recognizes the BCM_4350C2 model, so I want to ask you if any part of your configuration is configured? I already tried to correct it without success.

Motherboard: Asus x570 crosshair viii dark hero wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and Bluetooth

Unfortunately my AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card is not supported.

View attachment 5844

Sorry, I am confused are you using the Intel WiFi/ Bluetooth or the Broadcom?

The Intel does not have good support and stability. While the Broadcom for me has worked flawlessly.

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
Sorry, I am confused are you using the Intel WiFi/ Bluetooth or the Broadcom?

The Intel does not have good support and stability. While the Broadcom for me has worked flawlessly.

I only use Intel WiFi/Bluetooth, but apparently it natively recognizes Broadcom, that's why I was asked if maybe because of the configuration I based it on, it has it configured, thanks.

Sorry for my English.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I swapped to the Broadcom. I would have really preferred the faster speeds of the Intel but stability was more desirable.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 1 works with OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Is anyone else having issues with USB 2.0 devices on USB 3.0 ports? If I use my mouse on an USB 3.0 port it stutters, same with my USB 2.0 DAC, it only happens with the ports on my motherboard but not on my 2.0 front panel ports. I also have an X570-E btw and I'm using the map by Ezaul.

Edit: Solved it by disabling the companion USB 3.0 port on USBToolBox and building a legacy kext as I noticed these EFI's usb map use AppleMergeNub instead of Apple...Properties. All lag is gone, did the same for my Apogee Duet (also USB 2.0), hope this helps anyone having this issue!
Sorry for the late reply. Is your mouse wireless? If you have a wireless mouse with a dongle and other wireless peripheral using 3.0 there seems to be an interference issue between the devices.

When my Razer Balistix mouse and my Razer Nari Ultimate headset (both wireless with dongles) were connected to the back USB 3.0 ports on my monitor the mouse exhibited strange random behavior. To remedy this issue I use the back USB 3.0 on my monitor for mouse and a 3.0 port on my motherboard for the headset.

Razer has documented that running two dongles off a single USB 3.0 port can cause interference issues. I have not had the need to change my USB ports to 2.0.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone managed to get Aquantia ethernet working on AMD systems? If so, what config.plist changes did you make and what BIOS setting is set. I think that ForceAquantiaEthernet is specifically for Intel based system, unless I need to do something to get AppleVTD to appear

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Another success story here with macOS 12.4, OpenCore 0.8.0 & AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext:

alfie

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much. I just d/l'ed the v8 EFI and it worked the first try.

However, I am using Asus Rog Strix Gaming F (Intel i211-AT / no Realtek 2.5g/no bluetooth or wifi) +++ I found a fix for the intel nic:

I did not change anything it comes up as

MacPro 7,1
Processor 3.4ghz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

I have ;

x570 Asus Strix Gaming F
Ryzen 5950x (16core 32thred)
128gb Ram
AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB

Why does it not say YOUR Ryzen 9 5950x but, 12 core xeon (activity monitor shows 32 cores and
Geekbench 5 is
Single Core 1638
Multicore 13617
OpenCL 64447
Metal 90110

Do these numbers seem right for the 5950x?

Thanks again

ps. my USB key was made with Monerey 12.1 (for RX 6600 support)

(anybody?)

Last edited:

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
I swapped to the Broadcom. I would have really preferred the faster speeds of the Intel but stability was more desirable.
Hello, I recently received the Fenvi FV-HB1200, the wifi works without problems but the bluetooth does not, I tried what they indicate in the OpenCore documentation, among other configurations, but still without success. I have wifi and intel bluetooth disabled by bios, please do you know what else I can do?

1654096358992.png

1654096153028.png

1654096196480.png

1654096276714.png

1654096315547.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I recently received the Fenvi FV-HB1200, the wifi works without problems but the bluetooth does not, I tried what they indicate in the OpenCore documentation, among other configurations, but still without success. I have wifi and intel bluetooth disabled by bios, please do you know what else I can do?

View attachment 5992

View attachment 5988

View attachment 5989

View attachment 5990

View attachment 5991

The Intel cards work for a while but mine crashed constantly and Bluetooth did not work at all.

The WiFi has Bluetooth are built in to the card, so by swapping to the card model that Apple uses it fixes both and there are no stability issues.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@alfie You benchmark results look right. To fix the CPU name just add the RestrictEvents.kext.

As for the I211-AT, patching back old networking kexts is a bit risky as Apple might break them with any update. And you have to re-do this after every update.

alfie

AMD OS X Member
@alfie You benchmark results look right. To fix the CPU name just add the RestrictEvents.kext.

As for the I211-AT, patching back old networking kexts is a bit risky as Apple might break them with any update. And you have to re-do this after every update.
That is a strong possibility, but if you want/need a here and now solution; there is it.

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
The Intel cards work for a while but mine crashed constantly and Bluetooth did not work at all.

The WiFi has Bluetooth are built in to the card, so by swapping to the card model that Apple uses it fixes both and there are no stability issues.
Hello, I was able to solve the problem with my Fenvi FV-HB1200, I investigated about the USB connectors on my motherboard and it turned out that USB_E56 is not compatible with standard USB, change to the correct one, now wifi and bluetooth worked without the need of any additional kext, change the Fenvi antennas for the one on my motherboard that fit perfectly with those on my motherboard, with which I have better coverage and the AirPods no longer have problems

1654215161484.png

1654215511028.png
1654215596671.png

Before this I had a strange error with the installer, I'll leave it here in case someone also has it, on the first reboot the installer went into a loop with the error Err(0xE) <- EB.WL.PWLFRTC, with the same configuration of OpenCore with which I did a previous installation, the solution is to recreate your USB installer, apparently something is corrupted and you have that error.

Thank you all for your input, AMD OSX!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.