AMD OS X Member
I am trying to install macOS with Opencore and having this error. IMG_0099.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    34 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I don't know if you can run macOS with your Dual CPU setup. I know Apple used Dual CPU setups in their Mac Pro series, but AMD, I'm not sure if it is possible.

Component issues:
  1. Your Nvidia GTX670 is not natively supported in macOS Monterey. You may be better served installing Big Sur, where the Nvidia GPU is natively supported.
  2. You may be able to hack the system to run Monterey with your Nvidia card, but I would recommend getting your system running on a supported version, before trying to run an unsupported version of macOS.
  3. You need to disable the Matrox G200 integrated GPU. Preferably in the bios, where you should be able to set the Primary display to one of the 3 x PCIe x16 slots, whichever slot has the Nvidia card installed.
  4. Assumption that the 32GB of RAM in your system is split equally between the 2 x CPU's, i.e. 4 x 4GB modules serving each CPU as recommended by Super Micro.
    • Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 20.55.48.png Memory layout for 8 x DIMMs in 2 x CPU setup.
  5. You need to set your bios to use AHCI. This can be set in the Advanced > OnChip SATA Type section of the bios, as shown in the screenshot below.
    • Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 20.56.47.png SATA options, macOS requires AHCI be used.

Config.plist issues:
  1. You are missing a few essential kexts from your setup.
    • Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 21.12.19.png Kernel > Add section of your config.plist, showing the kexts you are currently using.
  2. You need to include the following kexts.
    1. VirtualSMC.kext - essential for booting macOS
    2. RestrictEvents.kext - fixes Mac Pro issues etc.
    3. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext - Fixes AMD issues when booting macOS.
    4. XLNCUSBFix.kext, this may be required for your USB ports to work in macOS.
  3. You should remove the following kexts from your setup.
    1. AppleALCU.kext - not required unless your motherboard has a USB audio codec.
    2. IntelSnowMausi.kext, not required when using IntelMausi.kext
  4. You have added the latest AMD Kernel Patches to your config.plist. But failed to edit the 3 x AMD CPU core count patches.
    • You need to add the number of cores your CPU contains (16) to the replace entry in the Kernel > Patches. You have left them as < B800.... < BA00.... and <BA00....
    • The 3 x patches requiring your attention are shown in the screenshot below, with the Replace fields highlighted.
    • Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 20.22.32.png Kernel > Patches - edit these three patches replace the '00' following the first 2 x letters with '10', which is the hexadecimal equivalent for '16'. This might work with macOS as 16-cores for each CPU.
    • If setting the core count to 16 (10) doesn't work, try replacing the core count with '20', which is the hexadecimal equivalent for '32'. This would be a total of 32-cores for the 2 x CPU's.
    • Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 20.29.00.png CPU core count conversion for use in config.plist
  5. You need to change the PlatformInfo SMBIOS data from an iMacPro1,1 to a MacPro6.1 or MacPro7,1 as these are a better match for your dual CPU setup. Both will work with Big Sur and Monterey.
  6. UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries should both be set to '0', not '-1'.
  7. You should not be using OpenHfsPlus.efi and HfsPlusLegacy.efi drivers together. Use one or the other. If your Super Micro motherboard requires legacy drivers, then use the latter. When your motherboard has a UEFI bios you should use OpenHfsPlus.efi or HfsPlus.efi driver.
Hope this helps.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I’m sure those CPUs are missing the SSE4.1 cpu instructions so you’ll need to use an older version of macOS with a custom kernel that uses the opemu as the patches can’t fix that.

MTYEAGLESCOUT

AMD OS X Member
I don't know if you can run macOS with your Dual CPU setup. I know Apple used Dual CPU setups in their Mac Pro series, but AMD, I'm not sure if it is possible.

Component issues:
  1. Your Nvidia GTX670 is not natively supported in macOS Monterey. You may be better served installing Big Sur, where the Nvidia GPU is natively supported.
  2. You may be able to hack the system to run Monterey with your Nvidia card, but I would recommend getting your system running on a supported version, before trying to run an unsupported version of macOS.
  3. You need to disable the Matrox G200 integrated GPU. Preferably in the bios, where you should be able to set the Primary display to one of the 3 x PCIe x16 slots, whichever slot has the Nvidia card installed.
  4. Assumption that the 32GB of RAM in your system is split equally between the 2 x CPU's, i.e. 4 x 4GB modules serving each CPU as recommended by Super Micro.
  5. You need to set your bios to use AHCI. This can be set in the Advanced > OnChip SATA Type section of the bios, as shown in the screenshot below.

Config.plist issues:
  1. You are missing a few essential kexts from your setup.
    • View attachment 5874 Kernel > Add section of your config.plist, showing the kexts you are currently using.
  2. You need to include the following kexts.
    1. VirtualSMC.kext - essential for booting macOS
    2. RestrictEvents.kext - fixes Mac Pro issues etc.
    3. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext - Fixes AMD issues when booting macOS.
    4. XLNCUSBFix.kext, this may be required for your USB ports to work in macOS.
  3. You should remove the following kexts from your setup.
    1. AppleALCU.kext - not required unless your motherboard has a USB audio codec.
    2. IntelSnowMausi.kext, not required when using IntelMausi.kext
  4. You have added the latest AMD Kernel Patches to your config.plist. But failed to edit the 3 x AMD CPU core count patches.
    • You need to add the number of cores your CPU contains (16) to the replace entry in the Kernel > Patches. You have left them as < B800.... < BA00.... and <BA00....
    • The 3 x patches requiring your attention are shown in the screenshot below, with the Replace fields highlighted.
    • View attachment 5871 Kernel > Patches - edit these three patches replace the '00' following the first 2 x letters with '10', which is the hexadecimal equivalent for '16'. This might work with macOS as 16-cores for each CPU.
    • If setting the core count to 16 (10) doesn't work, try replacing the core count with '20', which is the hexadecimal equivalent for '32'. This would be a total of 32-cores for the 2 x CPU's.
    • View attachment 5875 CPU core count conversion for use in config.plist
  5. You need to change the PlatformInfo SMBIOS data from an iMacPro1,1 to a MacPro6.1 or MacPro7,1 as these are a better match for your dual CPU setup. Both will work with Big Sur and Monterey.
  6. UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries should both be set to '0', not '-1'.
  7. You should not be using OpenHfsPlus.efi and HfsPlusLegacy.efi drivers together. Use one or the other. If your Super Micro motherboard requires legacy drivers, then use the latter. When your motherboard has a UEFI bios you should use OpenHfsPlus.efi or HfsPlus.efi driver.
Hope this helps.
I did upgrade the GTX 670 to W5500. And I have attached my efi to make sure I get it correct. If I could have help Opencore has not been working for me

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 6

MTYEAGLESCOUT

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
According to the CPU information you provided, following the OpenCore AMD Bulldozer installation guide should work.

You may need to disable (in the bios) or physically remove one of the CPU’s to get macOS to install on your system.

MTYEAGLESCOUT

AMD OS X Member
According to the CPU information you provided, following the OpenCore AMD Bulldozer installation guide should work.

You may need to disable (in the bios) or physically remove one of the CPU’s to get macOS to install on your system.
So if once booted and OS installed. Will both Load them once installed back

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I am not sure if both AMD CPU's will work together.

Try booting with the revised OC EFI folder attached below.
  • It has been createdanm based on the Bulldozer guide,.
  • It has been set for a system with 16-core CPU and with a W5500 dGPU.
  • I have removed a number of unnecessary place holder entries from the config.plist.
  • I have added a few essential kexts, drivers, tools and boot arguments based on your system components.
  • I have changed the SMBIOS info from iMac1,1 to MacPro7,1.
  • I have changed the OC boot from the Text picker list to the GUI.
See if this EFI works any better.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 12

MTYEAGLESCOUT

AMD OS X Member
I am not sure if both AMD CPU's will work together.

Try booting with the revised OC EFI folder attached below.
  • It has been createdanm based on the Bulldozer guide,.
  • It has been set for a system with 16-core CPU and with a W5500 dGPU.
  • I have removed a number of unnecessary place holder entries from the config.plist.
  • I have added a few essential kexts, drivers, tools and boot arguments based on your system components.
  • I have changed the SMBIOS info from iMac1,1 to MacPro7,1.
  • I have changed the OC boot from the Text picker list to the GUI.
See if this EFI works any better.
No, booting will not display on Legacy Buos

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'm not sure the discrete GPU was the problem.

But I know the RX 6700 XT is not supported in any version of macOS. So you just killed any chance you had of getting macOS installed and running on your system.

clemclem

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.