help to decide how to install Mac OS on my pc

Digia

AMD OS X Member
I'm new sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

I have questions about my assembled computer.
Below I list the components:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
-GPU: Radeon RX 590 series
-Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Prime B450M-A
-RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 x2
-Memory: Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 and WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0
-Audio: Realtek audio
-Network: Ethernet
If you need more specifics just tell me which ones and I will find them.

So my questions are:
1) i can do hakintosh?
2) which OS should I use?
3) could someone follow me in doing it? since the last test I reset the whole pc?

Thanks to anyone who can help me

Digia.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I'm new sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

I have questions about my assembled computer.
Below I list the components:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
-GPU: Radeon RX 590 series
-Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Prime B450M-A
-RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 x2
-Memory: Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 and WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0
-Audio: Realtek audio
-Network: Ethernet
If you need more specifics just tell me which ones and I will find them.

So my questions are:
1) i can do hakintosh?
2) which OS should I use?
3) could someone follow me in doing it? since the last test I reset the whole pc?

Thanks to anyone who can help me

Digia.
Hi Digia,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your build! It's always nice to see new faces here. :)

Okay, now to the answers for your big questions:

1) Yes - there is a EFI build guide here for your CPU you can follow (file is already preset to boot, using OC 0.6.3.) > https://github.com/anokic/ryzen-hackintosh
As long as your GPU is an actual separate AMD card and not an integrated APU, you should be able to run most modern macOS versions.

2) Your choice as you can use anything from macOS High Sierra all the way to latest Monterey.
Personally I would choose between Big Sur or Monterey because greater support is there for both of these OSes.

3) That would be rather difficult I am afraid. As it goes part of the hackintosh experience is for you to actually learn step-by-step, how your machine works with macOS overall. But once you get the hang of it, it shouldn't be too difficult to actually solve your own issues. Luckily there are plenty of guides these days from the likes of Dortania for Opencore as well the Github link I posted above. > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

I would suggest you install Windows 10 first on your system so that you can have something to edit your files on (if you don't have another PC or Mac). Then go from there to install macOS using a USB stick with the EFI. You can use ProperTree or PLIST Editor to edit the config.plist. You will also need an EFI Mounter script to be able to mount the EFI folder onto your desktop for editing. If you are using Windows to edit the files you'll need to install Python on your system to run these scripts, download macOS and make these changes.

But AMD Ryzen systems does require the AMD Vanilla patch to boot macOS (which should be present in the config.plist in the EFI build above under Kernel > Patches) > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

If you decide to use the build above to boot latest Monterey however you will need to upgrade the kexts and boot files in the EFI to at least Opencore v0.7.5. or above. Personally I'd recommend v0.7.8. > https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

You will likely also will need to use agdpmod=ignore in the NVRAM boot-arg to enable your RX590 card as well as use latest version of the AMD Vanilla patch to boot Monterey and use of AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext under Kernel > Add.

If you need help with correct BIOS settings for your motherboard for hackintosh compatibility these are some to look out for:
  • Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) → Profile1
  • System Memory Multiplier → Auto
  • Settings IOPorts
    • Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot (default); change if necessary to slot containing GPU
    • HD Audio Controller → Enabled
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → Super IO Configuration
    • Serial Port 1 → Disabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → USB Configuration
    • XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI
  • Boot → Fast Boot → Disabled
  • Boot → CSM Support → Disabled

Digia

AMD OS X Member
Hi Digia,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your build! It's always nice to see new faces here. :)

Okay, now to the answers for your big questions:

1) Yes - there is a EFI build guide here for your CPU you can follow (file is already preset to boot, using OC 0.6.3.) > https://github.com/anokic/ryzen-hackintosh
As long as your GPU is an actual separate AMD card and not an integrated APU, you should be able to run most modern macOS versions.

2) Your choice as you can use anything from macOS High Sierra all the way to latest Monterey.
Personally I would choose between Big Sur or Monterey because greater support is there for both of these OSes.

3) That would be rather difficult I am afraid. As it goes part of the hackintosh experience is for you to actually learn step-by-step, how your machine works with macOS overall. But once you get the hang of it, it shouldn't be too difficult to actually solve your own issues. Luckily there are plenty of guides these days from the likes of Dortania for Opencore as well the Github link I posted above. > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

I would suggest you install Windows 10 first on your system so that you can have something to edit your files on (if you don't have another PC or Mac). Then go from there to install macOS using a USB stick with the EFI. You can use ProperTree or PLIST Editor to edit the config.plist. You will also need an EFI Mounter script to be able to mount the EFI folder onto your desktop for editing. If you are using Windows to edit the files you'll need to install Python on your system to run these scripts, download macOS and make these changes.

But AMD Ryzen systems does require the AMD Vanilla patch to boot macOS (which should be present in the config.plist in the EFI build above under Kernel > Patches) > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

If you decide to use the build above to boot latest Monterey however you will need to upgrade the kexts and boot files in the EFI to at least Opencore v0.7.5. or above. Personally I'd recommend v0.7.8. > https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

You will likely also will need to use agdpmod=ignore in the NVRAM boot-arg to enable your RX590 card as well as use latest version of the AMD Vanilla patch to boot Monterey and use of AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext under Kernel > Add.

If you need help with correct BIOS settings for your motherboard for hackintosh compatibility these are some to look out for:
  • Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) → Profile1
  • System Memory Multiplier → Auto
  • Settings IOPorts
    • Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot (default); change if necessary to slot containing GPU
    • HD Audio Controller → Enabled
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → Super IO Configuration
    • Serial Port 1 → Disabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → USB Configuration
    • XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI
  • Boot → Fast Boot → Disabled
  • Boot → CSM Support → Disabled
Thanks for the all information.

I was following the guide recommended by you when i got to having to download EFI and kext files i don't know which ones to download.

I also found some doubts about the kext files that I have to download necessarily, since downloading them I found myself with several folders and I could not understand which ones were essential, all this on Windows.

Is there any guide that can tell me more precisely what types of files I need to download?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the all information.

I was following the guide recommended by you when i got to having to download EFI and kext files i don't know which ones to download.

I also found some doubts about the kext files that I have to download necessarily, since downloading them I found myself with several folders and I could not understand which ones were essential, all this on Windows.

Is there any guide that can tell me more precisely what types of files I need to download?
Yes the best guide is here > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/
That will tell you everything about what is in the EFI. Unfortunately it only works when everything comes together in a build.
To put simply, you cannot pick and choose what files you prefer because how each machine works with macOS varies from system to system.

The basics of any EFI require:

1) EFI folder, BOOT folder & OC folder with working config.plist.
2) Opencore bootloader files (from X64 folder) which contains BOOTX64.efi & opencore.efi bootloaders, OC drivers, resources, kext & tools folders.
3) Lilu, Whatevergreen, VirtualSMC, AppleALC kexts from Acidanthera, USBInjectAll or custom USBMap.kext (bare minimum).
4) APCI .aml files such as SSDT-EC, SSDT-USBX or combo of both as SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-CPUR and/or SSDT-PLUG.
5) The SSDT files are derived from either prepatched via Dortania link or patched BIOS files from SSDTTime script or equivalent. Some systems may require more than these such as those with Thunderbolt (so will need SSDT-DTPG & SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3HP.aml) or DMA tables remapped (SSDT-DMAC & SSDT-DMAR).

With EFI builds, the idea is to download the complete folder set. Usually clicking on the green Code button and selecting Download Zipped folder is sufficient to have a working EFI. All you then need to do is fill in the UUID, rom and serial numbers for the PlatformInfo section (serials generated using GenSMBIOS) is more than sufficient to get the system running.

Digia

AMD OS X Member
I follow the guide.
But there is not Monterey as you advised so what i can do?
1650974301899.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.