Universal Audio PCIe Card not working properly

IVProduced

AMD OS X Member
Hello Good People,
I have successfully installed MacOS Big Sur on my build with the following hardware:

ASUS ProArt B550 Creator
AMD Ryzen 3900X
GSkill Trident RAM (32Gb)
Samsung 970 Pro (1tb)
Radeon 6900XT
UAD Octo PCIe Card

almost everything works (iMessage, sleep, TB4) except the UAD PCIe Card

MacOS can see the UAD card and the UAD meter software sees it and everything seems fine, but when I open my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation and try to load up a UAD plugin, it hangs for while then gives error code -38 (Device not responding) I was wondering if anyone knew something that I do not know and had some suggestions on what I can look at to resolve the issue. I have tried the following steps to no avail:
Restarting the pc
uninstalling UAD software
changing PCIe slot the UAD Card is installed in (this seemed to make things worse...as swapping PCIe ports would stop the pc from booting completely...wierd)

I've done a few hours of research and I have not been able to find any meaningful resources on what to do or look at. any help would be appreciated. if need I will gladly upload the EFI or screenshots.

Thanks in advance!!

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Go for an octo thunderbolt version, i have it with a titan ridge 2 version and it's working even in hotplug

IVProduced

AMD OS X Member
Go for an octo thunderbolt version, i have it with a titan ridge 2 version and it's working even in hotplug
I was hoping this would not be the response...as this is easier said than done and will most definitely cost me more money.

Thanks for responding...I guess i'll start making arrangements

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
before ask a friend to try it. perphaps you don' t need to buy the titan ridge. i saw a Tb SSDT here on this forum

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, as i planned to perhaps buy an pro art, does your native wifi is working ?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I was thinking of getting the Asus X570 ProArt Creator but it is sold out everywhere as of this writing, so I may go for the B550 instead now that I see your system us working. it is particularly impressive that you have TB4 working.

would you mind sharing your opencore files?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.